Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This GOD is indeed a Merciful God.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am in pain everyday too.
I pray for healing, I wait patiently, and I go forward through the strength of God.
No matter what happens, my hope is in Him and Him alone.
God bless you friend. I have physical problems too. WOF tells us if we just have faith we will be ok. I'm angry about that

God bless you friend. I have physical problems too. WOF tells us if we just have faith we will be ok. I'm angry about that

A quote from C.H. Spurgeon:

"God is present when we seek him, present when we need him. He is in us in our trouble: more present than we are to ourselves, for sometimes we lack presence of mind. He is effectually present, sympathetically present. Let us rest ourselves upon him. He is our help: let us lean upon him".

Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble".

A quote from C.H. Spurgeon:

"God is present when we seek him, present when we need him. He is in us in our trouble: more present than we are to ourselves, for sometimes we lack presence of mind. He is effectually present, sympathetically present. Let us rest ourselves upon him. He is our help: let us lean upon him".

Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble".
I love spurgeon...he is the preachers preacher

What exactly is the condemnation. Sorry to ask

G2919 κρίνω krino (kree'-no) v.
1. (properly) to distinguish, i.e. decide (mentally or judicially)
2. (by implication) to try, condemn, punish
[perhaps a primary word]
KJV: avenge, conclude, condemn, damn, decree, determine, esteem, judge, go to (sue at the) law, ordain, call in question, sentence to, think
[?]

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation [G2919], that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Judged may be a right word.

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Verse 18 seems to be talking about the future. I will try other translations tho.

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It is actually a view based on Christ in us and how we have Eternal Life in this present age.

If we have Christ in us, through whom we have eternal life and we are not condemned. If we reject Christ, so does eternal life in Christ goes with Him, thus we become condemned.

I dont know if you are male or female but I like you
icon_biggrin.gif
Woooow! Thanks

Thank you.:wave I think he already knows this.

Whoa, it got a bit busy for a while there.

Yes, I do know Classik. I am sure you understand my point that we are not treated equally. Some, me included, do live in almost constant pain. I have been lucky (blessed?) but some never seem to get a fair chance in life. I didn't mean to be rude, simply to challenge your implication that we are all treated equally. We are not.

I often do struggle to see a merciful God. Is your praise justified, misplaced or just ritual?

Back