Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This just seems ..." Happy ETA"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The ketubah is one year long.not one week
The ketubah is the engagement time, after the ketubah arrangement has been agreed upon, yes and of coarse celibate.
But it is not no contact?
These two would not be considered to be in the ketubah time, they have a child and another on the way.
Is this all correct?

Yep. The Pastors heart is prolly in the right place. Just tryin' to do the right thing from his perspective. I wouldn't get mad about it for that reason. Geez how many times does one get married?
smileys-marriage-892019.gif
As many times as necessary.

The ketubah is the engagement time, after the ketubah arrangement has been agreed upon, yes and of coarse celibate.
But it is not no contact?
These two would not be considered to be in the ketubah time, they have a child and another on the way.
Is this all correct?
I'm sure time is spent together.

Hey I like that idea... especially the part about the big salary!!!!! :lol
:couch

Your post looks like some of the church services around here!
oh, im sure we have some out there churches here. I just haven't attended the ones I know about.

Yep. The Pastors heart is prolly in the right place. Just tryin' to do the right thing from his perspective. I wouldn't get mad about it for that reason. Geez how many times does one get married?
smileys-marriage-892019.gif
Oh, just to be clear, no one is mad... I just found it a bit strange that's all.
But, as for the couple, they are going along with it, so all is cool!

Oh, just to be clear, no one is mad... I just found it a bit strange that's all.
But, as for the couple, they are going along with it, so all is cool!
Okay Handy, you're the new pastor, doctor, apostle of our new church.
What would you do?

Okay Handy, you're the new pastor, doctor, apostle of our new church.
What would you do?
lol... Well, Rollo, first off, I'll have to find which of you men who are willing to step into the teaching and authoritative roles within the church because I'm a 1 Timothy 2:12 kind of woman!
But, I do like the big salary... :shades

lol... Well, Rollo, first off, I'll have to find which of you men who are willing to step into the teaching and authoritative roles within the church because I'm a 1 Timothy 2:12 kind of woman!
But, I do like the big salary... :shades
Very good handy, you avoided giving an answer by giving a non-answer.
You qualify for the job.

My bff's son is getting married in June.
Her son has been living with his fiance for about 2.5 years now. They are both 25 years old and they both lived on their own prior to moving in with each other. They have an 18 month old son and she's pregnant with #2. So, Christian marriage notwithstanding, they are an established family. They are having the pastor of my bff's church marry them and he, the pastor, is requiring that their son move home one week prior to the wedding. Some how or another this is supposed to restore the "sanctity" of the wedding night???
Can you imagine the pastor asking this newly one week celibate husband to be, do you take this woman to be your wife?

Jesus suddenly appears between them and says to the bride: Thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband!!! You hast also been celibate for one week; go and sin no more.

The groom to be hearing these words falls down at the feet of the pastor, gave up the ghost, and great fear came on all them that heard these things. Of course the BFF must be thinking by this time: should they have been separate for two weeks instead? :shrug

I have a happy update to this and it now all makes sense!

The reason why the pastor is asking them to separate one week before the wedding is because....
They are both going to be baptized the Sunday before their wedding! :sohappy
The pastor doesn't want them to be baptized and then go right back to the worldly lifestyle, so this is the reason for the separation. Makes perfect sense to me.
My best friend is ecstatic... she didn't know anything about the baptisms...they were waiting for just the right time to tell her. Such and answer to prayer and also an answer to a long sought after promise from Proverbs 22:6!

Hey that's a really cool update and does make sense. :)

I still wouldn't tell the bride to be exactly what time the wedding was on the day. He'll be by to pick her up on the way so be ready, lol. On a more serious note, you what else would be cool? Doing the church wedding and having their license from downtown fulfills all of that and everyone is happy etc., but to have a little private ceremonial meeting with just the Bride & Groom and God to dedicate this marriage to God in prayer and claim the blood of Jesus upon it. That wouldn't take long and would make a difference. Before the consummation of course (cough cough). Yeah I know they already have kids but, there's something about a man & Wife praying together before God that...seems right.
:pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back