Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Throne of David in Heaven

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
The earthly throne of David no longer exist in Jerusalem, but is now the heavenly throne of Christ in heaven. Jesus is not coming back to Jerusalem to sit on a literal throne of David as since His resurrection He rules from His throne in heaven at the right had of the Father.

Jeremiah 22:28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not? 29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD. 30 Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.

Jeremiah prophesied that no descendant of Jeconiah can ever sit on the throne of David in Judah. Jesus is a literal descendant of Jeconiah through Mary's genealogy and since there is no more throne in Judah (Jerusalem) the throne of His glory is the throne of David in heaven.

Jesus sits on His throne in heaven at the right hand of God until the last enemy, which is death, will be abolished at the resurrection, Acts 2:34-36; 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26; Hebrews 1:3, 8, 13; 10:11-13; Rev 3:21; John 5:28, 29; 6:40.

Jesus is reigning from the throne of His glory on the throne of David in heaven until His second coming when He returns an makes an end to all abominations, Rev 19:11-21. At that time everyone that are in the grave will hear His voice to rise from their graves and final judgement is made on the quick and the dead, Acts 10:42-48, John 5:28, 29.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 at the second coming Jesus hands over the kingdom to God that He has ruled since His resurrection. Zechariah 6:12, 13 Jesus will be priest and king at the same time as He has built His temple, which is His church that is His temple, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism as all who believe in Him at His coming will not be condemned, but receive their rewards as a faithful servant as Jesus gathers all nations (quick and the dead) before Him as He separates the sheep from the goats as all must appear before Him, the sheep on His right hand and the goats on His left hand as final judgement is made for all, 2 Corinthians 5:10.

One resurrection on the last day, two separate judgements right hand left hand, all done at the great white throne judgement when the books are opened, including the Lamb's book of life and all are judged out of them as final judgement is made on all, Rev 20:11-15.

Greetings "for_his_glory",
The earthly throne of David no longer exist in Jerusalem, but is now the heavenly throne of Christ in heaven. Jesus is not coming back to Jerusalem to sit on a literal throne of David as since His resurrection He rules from His throne in heaven at the right had of the Father.
No. Jesus is soon to return to sit upon the Temple Throne of David in Jerusalem for the 1000 years.
Isaiah 2:1–4 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Jesus is now seated at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne, not in a heavenly Throne of David.
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Revelation 3:20–22 (KJV): 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jeremiah 22:28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not? 29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD. 30 Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.

Jeremiah prophesied that no descendant of Jeconiah can ever sit on the throne of David in Judah. Jesus is a literal descendant of Jeconiah through Mary's genealogy and since there is no more throne in Judah (Jerusalem) the throne of His glory is the throne of David in heaven.

Jesus sits on His throne in heaven at the right hand of God until the last enemy, which is death, will be abolished at the resurrection, Acts 2:34-36; 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26; Hebrews 1:3, 8, 13; 10:11-13; Rev 3:21; John 5:28, 29; 6:40.

Jesus is reigning from the throne of His glory on the throne of David in heaven until His second coming when He returns an makes an end to all abominations, Rev 19:11-21. At that time everyone that are in the grave will hear His voice to rise from their graves and final judgement is made on the quick and the dead, Acts 10:42-48, John 5:28, 29.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 at the second coming Jesus hands over the kingdom to God that He has ruled since His resurrection. Zechariah 6:12, 13 Jesus will be priest and king at the same time as He has built His temple, which is His church that is His temple, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism as all who believe in Him at His coming will not be condemned, but receive their rewards as a faithful servant as Jesus gathers all nations (quick and the dead) before Him as He separates the sheep from the goats as all must appear before Him, the sheep on His right hand and the goats on His left hand as final judgement is made for all, 2 Corinthians 5:10.

One resurrection on the last day, two separate judgements right hand left hand, all done at the great white throne judgement when the books are opened, including the Lamb's book of life and all are judged out of them as final judgement is made on all, Rev 20:11-15.
Hey All,
Jesus is not a literal descendant of Jeconiah.
Jeconiah is not in Mary's genealogy. (Luke 3)

Luke 3:31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

He is in Joseph's genealogy. (Matthew 1)

Matthew 1:6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

But since Joseph is not the biological father of Jesus, the curse of Jeconiah does not apply to Jesus.

Keep studying. But please do better in your fact checking.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Hey All,
Jesus is not a literal descendant of Jeconiah.
Jeconiah is not in Mary's genealogy. (Luke 3)

Luke 3:31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

He is in Joseph's genealogy. (Matthew 1)

Matthew 1:6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

But since Joseph is not the biological father of Jesus, the curse of Jeconiah does not apply to Jesus.

Keep studying. But please do better in your fact checking.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Luke 1:26-38 Gabriel announces to Mary that of Christ's birth through her as she found favor in God. This all came about before her and Joseph were married so Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus.

Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Notice in this verse that only Mary is mentioned as normally people would say the son of Joseph and Mary. Jesus had four half brothers, James, Joses, Juda and Simon and some sisters, but it's not known how many sisters he had or what their names were. The reason they were all half brothers an sisters is because Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus.

Mary's descent comes through David's son Nathan, Luke 3:31. To fulfill God's promise to establish David's throne forever, God honored Nathan by making him the ancestor of the promised King (Messiah) who would sit on David's throne throughout eternity, Luke 1:31-33. Mary having no brothers to inherit the throne the inheritance would come to her first son being Jesus.

This is why God found favor only in Mary as still being a virgin before she married. Joseph descent from David was broken in being heir to the throne of David as one of his ancestors named Jeconiah (Coniah) was so evil God cursed him and his descendants from ever sitting on the throne of David, Matthew 1:11, 12; Jeremiah 22:24-30; 1 Chronicles 3:17. This doesn't mean that Joseph was evil, but means none of his children could ever sit on the throne of David.

Greetings "for_his_glory",

No. Jesus is soon to return to sit upon the Temple Throne of David in Jerusalem for the 1000 years.
Isaiah 2:1–4 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Jesus is now seated at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne, not in a heavenly Throne of David.
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Revelation 3:20–22 (KJV): 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Kind regards
Trevor
Jesus in not coming back to sit on a literal throne for a literal 1000 years. Revelation 20:1-8 is the only passage in the entire scriptures that the premillinialists have as the basis for the 1000 year reign. Rev 20:4 doesn't speak about a 1000 year reign of Christ it says by the vision John received "and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." It's not Christ that reigns 1000 years, but those who were killed for God's sake that reign with Christ a 1000 years as 1000 being a figurative number, not a literal number as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2 Peter 3:8.

The cornerstone for the new Temple was brought to Jerusalem on May 21, 2009 and still remains on the street. "Jerusalem Day" in 1967 was to celebrate the liberation of the Temple Mount, but there is a problem there as the Doom of the Rock sits on the Temple Mount. Baruch Ben-Yosel , chairman of the Movement to Restore the Temple, made it clear that the Temple had to be built in the exact spot where the Dome of the Rock sits.

There will never be a third Temple built by hands, Acts 7:48; Acts 17:24. When the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom after Jesus gave up the ghost, Matthew 27:50, 51, this symbolized that the sacrifice of Jesus and the shedding of his blood was now made for the atonement of sin and that all, Jew and Gentile, can come before Him as He is the only way to the Father, John 14:6.

There is no more veil for the Priest to enter into the Holy of Holies once a year to make atonement for Israel's sin nor is there any more animal sacrifices as we are no longer under the Old Covenant nor the preaching of the law, but are under a new and better covenant of Gods grace through Christ Jesus as our High Priest, Hebrews 4:14-16. Jesus prophesied of the Temple being desolate and that no one will see Him again until His time comes meaning when He returns on the last day, Matthew 24:1, 2; Luke 13:34, 35, John 6:40.

God no longer dwells in a Temple made by hands and this is why God left it desolate all these years when it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. Now the Dome of the Rock sits on part of the Temple Mount and was built around 692 AD. The Muslims will never give it over to Israel, plus the Dome of the Rock is being refurbished for the son of perdition (not a Muslim man) to come and sit on his throne and will cause a great falling away from truth, Isaiah 14:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.

Jesus fulfilled everything the temple stood for being the last sacrificial lamb taking away all the sin of the world. God no longer dwells in a temple made by hands, Acts 7:48-50; 17:22-31; Hebrews 10:7-18

Malachi 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The church, (body of Christ) is the temple where God dwells by His Holy Spirit, Zechariah 6:9-15 (prophecy of coming Messiah); 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17; Ephesians 2:19-22, Galatians 3:19-29.

In 70AD the second temple was destroyed and put an end to the temple made by hands and the sacrifices made there. The Temple of God now dwells in all who are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10.

Back