Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Time to lose weight

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sleeping pills are bad news 🗞️.
8 times bad?
800%?

And sleeping pills and anxiety pills are sometimes close to the same formula?

I suppose meds can take away the desire/motivation to exercise. Not that you can exercise enough to overcome a high calorie meal. I have watched a video telling a youngster ( you will have to exercise 8.5 hours to overcome what you ate in 10? Minutes). (Sweets bing).

It took 12 hours work to keep up with lumberjack 5,000 calories a day.

eddif

I do need to exercise. My interest in passion flower isn’t to be crazy sedated but just to calm down without the adverse effects I get from neurontin which is what I’m prescribed to simmer down.

Apparently in the herbal world 🌎 passion flower by itself is used for anxiety. For sleep it’s apparently sometimes used in combination with other herbal remedies but not so much by itself. That’s one reason I’m interested…

It really is mild and that’s probably because it gets the job done through several different mechanisms instead of just hitting gaba receptors with a chemical hammer 🔨. That’s my best guess anyway.

I mentioned my 3 tablespoons a meal during malaria and she informed me there were several days(?) I ate nothing. It is amazing how long stored energy lasts? But, there is hope. We are all individuals, and have to find our way.
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who works in you to will and do of his good pleasure.

God has given us all things regarding life and godliness.

Search engine it.

Come on folks, I am interested in more options.

eddif

Ok
What happened to our diet?

We did not start out as hunter gathers.
We started with Adam in a Prepared Garden.
Our diet was planted by God.
The tree of life was there.

When Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden, plants of the field became our diet.

A mist came up to water the plants (bringing up nutrients and minerals?)

After the flood rain began and washed minerals into the oceans? So, meat was introduced into human diet.

By this present time ancient sea beds could be our source of trace minerals.

So GMO plants with no trace minerals are our diet. Pestacides and herbacides are in our foods. Some from the 40s and 50s treated land.

2 Peter 1:5 kjv
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

There are spiritual supplements and food supplements.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Over processed foods:

In 1917 lumberjacks were given 8 minutes to eat with no talking. It was thought people who chewed their food too much got hungry. (My link is somewhere).

What? Don’t over chew food. I guess it takes longer to digest chunks of food. Makes sense. Blood sugar rise would be slower and thus hunger would be slower to hit. ( no quick sugar spike and quick crash.

My Peanut butter will have to be crunchy now.. those chunks will be slower to break down. My smooth natural PB was causing a dextrose spike and that thus was probably my craving. Crunchy still has dextrose, but probably lower glycemic index.

Rats just about stop eating about 110F /40 C
No wonder the wood stove kept granny thin.

Air conditioning is being looked into.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I’m focusing on diet first and then maybe some Pilates for weight loss etc. I always liked Pilates…good results without everything attached to yoga.

Step 1…stop cooking and eating like Julia child. Less butter cream etc. also cutting back on sugar.

I do think 💭 supplements help for me. My blood sugar was good according to the labs. Cholesterol was slightly elevated. It was really the weight compounded by blood pressure that seems to have pushed the doctor 👨‍⚕️ into prescription writing mode.

Liver was good kidneys good thyroid good…in my situation that’s a mighty act of God. Supplements definitely aren’t harming me as evidenced by the good results for liver function.

Rambling…

Trying to slim down. Eek 😬 we shall see…

thealso cutting back on sugar.
This probably should read:
Cutting out all sugar.
Thus
Hidden sugar
Added sugar
Very high glycemic carbs (spelled bread).

This is rough to do. Personally I can lie to myself about sugar. But over and over processed food is the major problem.

ROKU food documentaries are helping.
Grains roasted contain Dextrose.
Flour is easy to convert to sugar in minutes.
Blenders should be thrown away.
Juice is bad (where is the fiber for your gut bacteria? If you do not have healthy bacteria you are not good to go.
Proverbs 25:21 kjv
21. If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
Oh but eddif you can’t think that way.
Really?
Bacteria in my blood is an enemy.
Bacteria in my gut helps break down food.
Ask a cow.
Oh but cows have four stomachs.
The process of bacterial digestion will work in our gut, four stomachs or not.

Isaiah 49:26 kjv
26. And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD amthy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Without understanding the imagery in your body some scriptures seem really strange.

Proverbs 15:17 kjv
17. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Hey I did not write that. That is there for a reason. We live on words (concepts).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I’m focusing on diet first and then maybe some Pilates for weight loss etc. I always liked Pilates…good results without everything attached to yoga.
Ok I once had an academic type job and a part time physical maintenance job on the side. I thought I was tough. I was watchinging a wheelchair exercise program on TV. I could not do some of their exercises (Pilates?)

My range of mouton was way off in certain movements. Yesterday I worked on installing yet another Air Conditioning register in the kitchen. I had fits keeping my body contact points on the ceiling joists. There are handicapped persons who could have done a better job. Yes I could get up the attic ladder better, but the total positioning to work in a cramped area was off. I got most done before it got too hot in the attic.

A person who had childhood polio lives locally. He worked in heavy construction and has trouble walking. His example is probably why I do some of the projects I do.

Yes we are wretched men, but we strive for the high calling in Christ Jesus.

eddif

Are you on any medication? Sometimes that can cause weight gain. I just drink warm green tea and sometimes with honey. I try to go without honey. Sugar makes you more hungry. I just try to eat healthy and every once in a while eat whatever as a treat. Green tea helps with my anxiety too. I heard warm cinnamon water helps, but I rather drink warm tea that has cinnamon in it. Hope that helps some.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back