Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Titles of Jesus Christ

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Slider

Jesus was given many names or titles by the prophets, the apostles and even himself. For example, King of kings, Lord of lords, Wonderful, Councelor, the Prince of peace, the Everlasting Father, Lily of the Valley, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Lamb of God, etc....

Here are a couple of wierd ones (or at least they surprised me when I read them):

Rev 1:5 (KJV)

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.

I'm going to amen those names, but I am a bit surprised by them! Do they surpise you? If I had asked who is the prince of the kings of the earth, who would've you said it was? Any other comments?

I aready have unconsciously associated HIM with those. Once someone mentions any of them...then I remember Christ. Not surprising.

I'm going to amen those names, but I am a bit surprised by them! Do they surpise you? If I had asked who is the prince of the kings of the earth, who would've you said it was? Any other comments?
Jesus is the rightful Prince of over the kings of the Earth, but Satan, by God's permission, has usurped that title for the time being. However, Satan has already been overthrown. He, of course, will not believe that until he is cast into the pit in chains. But no, the titles don't surprise me. As "first begotten of the dead," He is the first to be resurrected, but assuredly will not be the last.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back