Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tongues

Where does it say that the spoke in UNKNOWN LANGUAGES in Acts 19:6?

HAHA! Seriously?! HAHAHA!

My friend, YOU make an adamant statement, ""Every single occurrence of tongues in the Bible was KNOWN LANGUAGES!" and this is how you intend to back it up?

Hilarious! And only because you set rules (for lack of better word) of dialog with others, yet will not abide by them yourself!

Wasn't it you (in another thread) who told me that people evade questions because they aren't able to answer their contradictions? Hmmm.

Go back to post #60 (in this thread) and you will know my position.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA! Seriously?! HAHAHA!

My friend, YOU make an adamant statement, ""Every single occurrence of tongues in the Bible was KNOWN LANGUAGES!" and this is how you intend to back it up?

Hilarious! And only because you set rules (for lack of better word) of dialog with others, yet will not abide by them yourself!

Wasn't it you (in another thread) who told me that people evade questions because they aren't able to answer their contradictions? Hmmm.

Go back to post #60 (in this thread) and you will know my position.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

I am sincerely concerned for you Bonairos. The reason is that I have seen you do it to others and now to me...giving the proud and arrogant laughter and mocking. A truly born again Christian would never be condescending, it's not congruent with the FRUIT of the Holy Spirit.

Read these verses very carefully:

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I am asking this seriously.. have you ever truly come to Christ to be born again?

And do you believe you have perfect interpretation and perfect understanding of entire Scripture? Yes or No? Because you come across that you think you KNOW IT ALL! DO you believe you KNOW IT ALL? Is there any possibility that you could ever be wrong about anything, or is that impossible in your mind?

And do you think Jesus mocked and laughed at the people who shared their sincere beliefs?

The next time you reply to a person's post, ask yourself this question, "WHAT WOULD JESUS TYPE AND HOW WOULD JESUS TALK TO THIS PERSON?" Then do likewise!

NOW back on topic... where in ACTS does anyone talk in tongues where nobody could understand what was being said? Show me please.

I am sincerely concerned for you Bonairos. The reason is that I have seen you do it to others and now to me...giving the proud and arrogant laughter and mocking. A truly born again Christian would never be condescending, it's not congruent with the FRUIT of the Holy Spirit.

First let me state that I am a born-again, Spirit-filled (yes baptized in the Holy Spirit and yes, tongue talking) Christian. And that by the grace of God and Him alone.

Second, thank you for being concerned(?) for me.

Having said that, you compel me to respond directly to your post.

". . . giving the proud and arrogant laughter and mocking?" HAHAHAHA! Yes, HAHAHAHA! And THIS time it is not just a chuckle but a burst of laughter!

Condescending? My friend you and your "YES or NO" only questions throughout this community, not to mention some of your specific remarks during your short time here would be considered moreso condescending than ANYTHING that I have ever said in ANY of my 300+ posts (go to my profile and look them up on a variety of topics).

Need I send you a PM to refresh your memory of what and in what manner you said it?

Read these verses very carefully:

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I have on numerous occasions and daily seek to apply them, perhaps it's your turn.

And do you believe you have perfect interpretation and perfect understanding of entire Scripture? Yes or No?

Because you come across that you think you KNOW IT ALL!

Really? Please do reference them. It's one thing to make accusations (and as a Christian at that!) and quite another to back up one's charge of fault, offense, or crime.

Is there any possibility that you could ever be wrong about anything, or is that impossible in your mind?

Condescending?

And do you think Jesus mocked and laughed at the people who shared their sincere beliefs?

Again, please do show me when I mocked or laughed when ANYONE shared their sincere beliefs?

Yes I do chuckle. But it is NEVER in regards to anyone's stated sincere beliefs. Perhaps you mistake unanswered hypocrisy or evasion as sincere beliefs. I do not.

Yet, I am not so gullible as to jump to point "E" from point "A" by side-stepping points "B, C, and D!"

Chasing rabbits or heading down a country road does not produce effective communication in my book.

The next time you reply to a person's post, ask yourself this question, "WHAT WOULD JESUS TYPE AND HOW WOULD JESUS TALK TO THIS PERSON?" Then do likewise!

". . . then do likewise!??" Condescending?

Nevertheless, I do (again look at all my post and it's contents).

Perhaps you've forgotten that Jesus is not gullible.

Yet I am not Jesus in which I know man's heart. Therefore I ask questions and respond accordingly.

NOW back on topic... where in ACTS does anyone talk in tongues where nobody could understand what was being said? Show me please.

Again, you apply standards yet are not willing to abide by them yourself. You accuse members of this community of not answering your questions (to your satisfaction?) or evading them, yet here you are answering a question with a question.

Hmmm... Sounds like the kettle calling the pot black. Am I condescending? No. More like responding in dialog that you appear comfortable with.

You seems to question anyone's salvation when their theology contrasts yours or you can't (or won't) answer a question. Then you have the gall to resort to . . . "DO you believe you KNOW IT ALL? Is there any possibility that you could ever be wrong about anything, or is that impossible in your mind?" (or "perfect interpretation," "perfect understanding," etc).

Since you have asked this question numerous times to numerous members, perhaps it's time that you answer your own question.

You have offered me scriptural advice. Now permit me to offer you some. Watch that you are not snared by the words of your own mouth!

In the words of ESPN, "Com'n man!"

Be blessed, Stay blessed,and be Bold!

TO THE MODS: I answered publicly because I was accused publicly. Not just me, but others were as well!

1Co 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Thanks for this passage. After discussing speaking with tongues with many pastors who claim that tongue speaking is being practiced wrong, I have asked if they allow tongues to be practiced in their churches. They say "no." It seems that to be consistent, this passage cannot be ignored.

Respectfully

Adelphos

Another prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled is the speaking of true tongues,Im not talking about the babble that's going on today in some churches,rather as per the below scriptures.......

How exactly do you know that what is being spoken today is babble?

Mark 13:9
"But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake,, for a testimony against them."

Mark 13:11 "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."

When this time comes into being in the very near future, it will not be the elect of God that does the speaking, but the Holy Spirit speaking in and through the mouths of His elect. Every one of these individuals will be delivered before these false councils before the final day of this earth age. This is why Peter would say to the people in Acts 2, on Pentecost day; "This is that which was spoken of by Joel the Prophet."

Acts 2:16: "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;"

We can read this prophecy in Joel 2:28-32. These sons and daughters shall speak in a cloven tongue, as recorded in Acts 2:6; meaning that the language that they shall speak in will need no interpreter, for every one that hears will hear in their native tongue of the dialect of the neighborhood they grew up in. This is the way that the gospel will go forth in the last days, for it is the evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit. These sons and daughters will speak, as stated in Mark 13:11, but whatsoever words they do speak in that hour, it will be the Holy Spirit that speaks through them.

Acts 2:17"And it shall come to pass in the last days,' saith God, `I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and you old men shall dream dreams:"

When the sons and daughter speak, it will be heard in every language and dialect in the world. This will not come from the mind of those people, but those people shall be willing witnesses that allow God to speak directly through them to the people. Thus the true gospel of Christ will be spoken.

So my question is,when was true tongues spoken again after pentecost??? Let me answer,it hasn't........

Please explain further. I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that tongues is preaching?

Respectfully,

Adelphos

Tongues ceased with the infancy of the church.

Hi,

Historically, this doctrine originated in the early 1900s by B.B. Warfield (1887 to 1921), a Reformed Theologian who taught at Princeton for over 30 years. From there it spread out into many other groups. Before this teaching, believers did not doubt that God could do anything. It seems that this has brought about a new kind of liberal theology. Instead of cutting out passages because of higher criticism, many, in effect, cut out passages about spiritual gifts in the name of one out of context passage. It is a form of unbelief that no believer should be proud of, in my opinion.

Respectfully,

Adelphos

Having had experiences of 65 years in and around the Pentecostal movement there is not much in the way of tongues i have not seen/heard. From the phony to the real. The pressure tactics to the quiet closet.

Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. ....Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Are we not all brothers in the Lord? When you look at your siblings are you all exactly the same? God tell us to have charity/love and to love one another. Seems this silly battle has gone on as long as Christianity. How much better off would Christianity , and the world ,be if we would just be willing to accept each other instead of demanding to be right in our own minds.

Back