Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] trojan horse of creationism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

reznwerks

“Those who cavalierly reject the Theory of Evolution, as not adequately supported by facts, seem quite to forget that their own theory is supported by no facts at all.â€Â
â€â€Herbert Spencer, 1820-1903

http://www.creationismstrojanhorse.com/

the fact is were all opinionated bias and religous Its just that scientists arent willing to except the fact that they are religous.

goliwog man said:
the fact is were all opinionated bias and religous Its just that scientists arent willing to except the fact that they are religous.

Goliwog, there's a corner, sit down in it and read a book on evolution.

Wedge of Truth - splitting the atheists with truth

I was wondering...... have you read either of the books mentioned reznwerks?

The site references a book "Creationism's Trojan Horse" by Forrest and Gross. That is the first book. Have you read it?

It is an attempt to rebut the "Wedge Strategy" of the "Intelligent Design" movement.

Already one leading atheist, Antony Flew, has bought into that strategy, admitting that there IS intelligent design. He is now an ex-atheist!

The start of the "Wedge Strategy" was a book by Phillip Johnson called "The Wedge of Truth - splitting the foundations of naturalism." Have you read that book?

Want to read about what you atheists are so scared about?

Try it...... or are you (a) too scared? (b) have your head in the sand? (c) don't read books?

product_shot.gif

http://www.gospelcom.net/ivpress/wedgeoftruth/

Learn more:
http://www.gospelcom.net/ivpress/wedgeoftruth/book.html
http://www.gospelcom.net/ivpress/wedgeo ... urces.html

:) :)

Re: Wedge of Truth - splitting the atheists with truth

Gary_Bee said:
I was wondering...... have you read either of the books mentioned reznwerks?

The site references a book "Creationism's Trojan Horse" by Forrest and Gross. That is the first book. Have you read it?

It is an attempt to rebut the "Wedge Strategy" of the "Intelligent Design" movement.
The "Wedge Strategy" is a book primarily about politics of evolution not science.

Already one leading atheist, Antony Flew, has bought into that strategy, admitting that there IS intelligent design. He is now an ex-atheist!
Are you still on Flew? He was a philosopher and not a scientist and certainly said that Christianity has no legs. Why don't you keep posting that fact as well? Forget about reading all those books you keep challenging everyone to read. You have a great deal of trouble staying focused on the main points of simple articles. Flew said that if a creator exists he HAS NOT INTERVENED IN MANS AFFAIRS SINCE CREATION.Can I assume you will embrace his philosophy as well since he appears to be a sort of savior to you?

The start of the "Wedge Strategy" was a book by Phillip Johnson called "The Wedge of Truth - splitting the foundations of naturalism." Have you read that book?

Want to read about what you atheists are so scared about?
There is no need the book since it offers nothing scientific and creationists are famous for taking quotes out of text and twisting facts ane inventing facts to suit them. Check out the sites I posted and look at the facts for these "scientists".Here is another link that posts all the arguements against creationism and unlike the opponents they argue from science not conviction.Did you read them Gary? Perhaps it is you that is whistling in the dark and afraid to go back to being an atheist.Perhaps you found the truth to be too disconcerting and are more comfortable in believing a fairy tale than knowing the truth. Remember there is far more evidence for evolution than creationism. No matter how many books you read that fact can never be overcome.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:biggrinD ... otes&hl=en

Try it...... or are you (a) too scared? (b) have your head in the sand? (c) don't read books?

[

So the bottom line is that you have read neither of the books......

It figures.

:) :) :)

I wouldn't think any Christian would want much to do with that group, either.

Christianity did fine without a moonie-inspired "ID" doctrine for 2000 years.

botom

Gary_Bee said:
So the bottom line is that you have read neither of the books......

It figures.

:) :) :)
No the bottom line is you've wasted a great deal of time reading things you never understood.

It sounds to me that he understands them just fine.....but, will you answer the question presented....did you or did you not read the books mentioned?
Sorry to interupt...I was just reading along and got curious :biggrin

books

Pale^Rider** said:
It sounds to me that he understands them just fine.....but, will you answer the question presented....did you or did you not read the books mentioned?
Please go back and read what I posted. Even you should be able to understand what I wrote. Did you read the books as well or are you just lonely?

Goliwog, there's a corner, sit down in it and read a book on evolution.

sorry asimov but my religoin involves reading a bible If you get a lift from sciece books then more power to you and to each his own.

No the bottom line is you've wasted a great deal of time reading things you never understood.

The bottom line is your just as bias as the next man. If you read a factual creationist book and straight away you say thats wrong your obviously an Biast evolutionist or athiest if you look into it then thats a different matter.

If the question was directed to me.... here is my answer.

The whole of the book points to ID. In particular, chapter 2 "The Information Quandry - Can natural law and chance create genetic information?" (pages 39-62) is one of the most interesting.

The discussion (in that chapter) about Paul Davies and his work is fascinating. There are quotes from his book "The Fifth miracle: The Search for the Origin of Life".

Read it then we can discuss further.

Regards
Gary

(Barbarian asks what evidence was found to be convincing)

The whole of the book points to ID. In particular, chapter 2 "The Information Quandry - Can natural law and chance create genetic information?" (pages 39-62) is one of the most interesting.

Turns out the answer is "natural selection and random mutation have been observed to produce new information." You do know what "information" is, right? If you do the math, you'll find that a mutation that causes gene duplication, followed by the mutation of one of the genes, produces new information.

From the way you endorsed this book I would have thought there would be more than that.

One thing, and it was demonstrably wrong.

Was there anything else?

Re: books

reznwerks said:
Pale^Rider** said:
Please go back and read what I posted. Even you should be able to understand what I wrote. Did you read the books as well or are you just lonely?
If you yourself will go back and read what i posted and that you so happily quoted at the top of your last post.....it clearly states that i was just curious.....and yet you still duck the question, did you or did you not read the books?
You know, rez...you've been ducking alot these days :-?

And since you asked.....a Christian never gets lonely.....how can one get lonely with an Awesome God walking with me every step?

I'm man enough to admit that Mackay is over my head.....

the more i read of him, though....the more i can see how he must be a really lonely philosophy nut....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back