Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

Truck Has Served Me Well

WIP

Staff member
I've had my 2016 F-150 with 2.7L v6 Tubo from new. When I purchased it, I reset the onboard computer. Every time I fill up with fuel, I reset the trip meter to record my average mileage. So far, I have been more than pleased with this vehicle. It has enough power to tow anything I've needed including a trailer load of 120 small squares of hay, about 6,000 pounds of hay plus the trailer.

Every year in June and sometimes again in the fall, I haul my boat, gear, and two passengers 1,200 miles round-trip to Canada fishing, once every year about 600 miles round-trip to northern MN fishing, which would be about 20% of my annual driving miles plus numerous other trips to other lakes as well as towing my ATV on fishing trips in the winter.

Since resetting the on-board computer when I left the dealership lot in 2016, my total average miles per gallon has been 21.5 according to the computer. Typically, during the summer months my average miles per gallon hovers around 23mpg according to my trip meter. During the winter months it drops to about 19mpg but every once in a while, it does better.

Here are a couple photos from the most recent tank full of fuel. The first one below I took on my way home a couple days ago after filling the tank. I had the cruise set at 55mph but took the photo when I stopped at a stop sign in my small town. The drive home was relatively flat with just a few slight hills and the wind was light but slightly behind me as I was traveling mostly southeast and the wind was south-southwest. As you can see, according to the on-board computer I got 34.5mpg driving home that day.

1724257545913.jpeg

The second one I took just a half-hour ago on my way home from town. I set the cruise at 55mph and the drive to this town is a little more hilly than the other one but not real bad. The wind today is light from the east and the town I was in was east of me, so I faced the wind on the way to town and had it on my back coming home. As you can see, so far on this tank of fuel I'm averaging about 27mpg. I think it's pretty impressive.

1724257823629.jpeg

Back