Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trump Goes Full Fascist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Acting, a lot of acting.... Oh, the persecution! Look at what the big bad government is doing to us. Oh yes, Jesus said we'd be persecuted........

Being a member of the press does not give one absolute immunity from breaking the law by some magical reading of the first amendment. Claiming to be a member of the press does not give one license to trespass or commit crimes.
Ok
I still dont know, but thanks for responding.

I would like to own an electric vehicle, as you say it can fill a certain niche in society. I personally would see it as being very economical living in and around a city, my SUV doesn't get great fuel milage city at countless stop lights. I would prefer to have one of each to use as it suites me. But why don't I, because I would have to pay insurance on two vehicles when I only could only drive one at a time.

Who's policies tend to favor the insurance companies? I don't even know.
But, don't you support the Democratic push to "save the planet" (insert sarcasm here) by converting to EVs?

But, don't you support the Democratic push to "save the planet" (insert sarcasm here) by converting to EVs?
Oops, posted before finishing. I find it very comical and hypocritical how those that are pushing for EVs have not yet converted completely to EVs and that particularly includes our current administration. It's Al Gore all over again with his mouthing off about climate change all the while not putting his money where his mouth was. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Biden has deployed the DOJ, FBI , CIA, and IRS on opponents, and enlisted states to go after political enemies. That is fascist. Trump never did anything like the Fascist government we have now.

But fascist progressives rightly fear the long arm of the law, once Trump purges the DOJ and other agencies, of government operatives.

Do I support a women's right to choose? Yes. There aren't any government laws or mandates that forces anyone to have an abortion. But what do the Republican policies do? They force a women against their will to carry to term.

I support the right for gays and lesbians to marry one another; that does not mean I would wish to marry another man, and there aren't any government laws or mandates that would force me to marry another man.

I do not need to support and/or march for some "save the planet" organization to see a benefit in moving towards more clean and renewable energy, and that includes EV's. We don't need to save the planet, the planet will cleanse itself. But does that mean that we should not aim to become better stewards of the planet? Or seek to live more in balance with nature? I wonder where the technology would be today if Ronald Reagan had embraced the solar power Jimmy Carter had installed on the White House rather than having it tore out?

There's no save the planet movement, it's more selfish than that. It's about saving ourselves, from ourselves. Much like the evangelical running around crying repent from your sins or god's going to destroy you.

Tell me WIP, do you deny there has been any climate change happening? What have your own eyes seen? How's the ice fishing this year? Not just this year, but from the time you were a kid (I'm assuming you grew up in MN), how have the seasons changed and winters impacted? How has ice fishing changed since you were a kid? I'm curious.

Tell me WIP, do you deny there has been any climate change happening? What have your own eyes seen? How's the ice fishing this year? Not just this year, but from the time you were a kid (I'm assuming you grew up in MN), how have the seasons changed and winters impacted? How has ice fishing changed since you were a kid? I'm curious.
I have never denied that things are changing but as I said, if so many people believe that converting to EVs is the or A solution that needs to be crammed down everyone's throats, why have they not put their money where their mouth is and practiced what they preach including you?

I cannot respect the ideals of someone not willing to stand behind those ideals. Do as I say, not as I preach doesn't make it to my ears.

I have never denied that things are changing but as I said, if so many people believe that converting to EVs is the or A solution that needs to be crammed down everyone's throats, why have they not put their money where their mouth is and practiced what they preach including you?

I cannot respect the ideals of someone not willing to stand behind those ideals. Do as I say, not as I preach doesn't make it to my ears.
Typo correction. Do as I say, not as I do does not make it to my ears.

That's a specious idea of "you cannot support mandated EV's unless you own an EV". That's the same logic as the people who say, "You can't support a ban on marijuana unless you have tried marijuana," or saying you can't own guns and support gun control at the same time. Sure you can. In fact, I understand some of the reasons why people don't want an EV, because they're the same reasons I don't. We don't have critical mass. Fast chargers along the highway are not as pervasive as gas stations. Fighting global warming is an exercise in futility unless we ALL do it. We can't even get everybody to admit it exists. The deniers pretty much sink the ship for all of us.

Just like gun control has to be either for everybody or for nobody. I support it. But the fact is, guns are allowed in the US, and that means virtually everybody. Not just for trump supporters, not just for NRA, not just for white people, not for everybody but Muslims. For everybody.

There's no save the planet movement, it's more selfish than that. It's about saving ourselves, from ourselves. Much like the evangelical running around crying repent from your sins or god's going to destroy you.

At least repenting of sins is free, EVs costs like thousands of dollars not many can afford. I mean if someone wants to buys me one then im happy with that.

That's a specious idea of "you cannot support mandated EV's unless you own an EV". That's the same logic as the people who say, "You can't support a ban on marijuana unless you have tried marijuana," or saying you can't own guns and support gun control at the same time. Sure you can. In fact, I understand some of the reasons why people don't want an EV, because they're the same reasons I don't. We don't have critical mass. Fast chargers along the highway are not as pervasive as gas stations. Fighting global warming is an exercise in futility unless we ALL do it. We can't even get everybody to admit it exists. The deniers pretty much sink the ship for all of us.

Just like gun control has to be either for everybody or for nobody. I support it. But the fact is, guns are allowed in the US, and that means virtually everybody. Not just for trump supporters, not just for NRA, not just for white people, not for everybody but Muslims. For everybody.
That's not what I said. The truth is, people are quick to push their own agendas upon others but are not willing to apply it to themselves. They won't convert unless they can force others to do it. Or they won't convert themselves until they can get a government mandate to order it.

Don't you think that if everyone that supports converting to EVs would actually do it, it would have a pretty significant impact toward their goals? I've already shared that I am not anti-EV but I also personally don't think EVs are much of a solution as the current thought is and in fact will replace one ill for another but that's not this discussion. I have altered my own lifestyle to try to do what I can to waste less and take better care of our environment. I didn't do it all at once. Some examples include: replacing all light bulbs with LEDs as they needed replacing, remodeled our home and adding insulation as it had none, upgraded our septic system to a completely enclosed system to conserve water, cut back on frequency of washing my vehicle to save water, upgraded my truck in 2016 to one that still serves my needs but uses less fuel to do it, replaced the outboard on my boat to a new one with much higher efficiency standards and cutting my fuel use by about 30% and oil use by about 50%, weather permitting and not having to carry too much I started riding my bicycle whenever I need to go into town about 3 miles away saving almost 20 gallons of gasoline last summer. Not sure how beneficial this was but in the spirit of converting to battery power as so many thing we should be doing last spring I replaced my gasoline powered ice auger with an ION and this past winter I purchased a battery powered snowblower.

I can have a lot more respect for someone like a gun owner that expresses support for gun control. My neighbor is one of them. He owns guns, lots of guns, and he is also a supporter of certain levels of gun control so even though I may disagree with him, I do listen.

I would hope that you step down from your high places and stop making assumptions. I'm not preaching anything. I haven't jumped on any soapbox saying anyone should purchase an EV. Quite the contrary, I've only pointed out that no one has forced YOU to purchase and EV against YOUR will. Period. End of story.

You seem to be the one trying to make it all about hypocrisy, even insinuating that I am somehow a hypocrite for not practicing whatever you think I am preaching when I already said I have purchased solar power form my house.

But tell me, what does your concerns about their hypocrisy say about your character? Does the hypocrisy of the many of the church leaders prevent you from practicing your faith? Because in the same vein, as you are put off by the push for EV's, there are many more who are put off by the hypocrisy of the church.

Typo correction. Do as I say, not as I do does not make it to my ears.

Oh, I'm so sorry. That is just too bad. As I asked above, what does your concerns about their hypocrisy say about your character? Well you have told us all: "Do as I say, not as I do does not make it to my ears." Maybe there is something else that does not make it to your ears? Say like, the word of God? Do you forget the words of Jesus? What did he tell you concerning the scribes and pharisees, the hypocrites? Did your Lord and Savior not instruct you to do as they say, not as they do?

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Is it? Jesus may forgive you, he bore the cost. But make no mistake, in this world you will pay for your sins the rest of your life.

That is true. I have noticed that in life and in general society the consequences of sin or just not observing Gods ways that i have had to deal with the consequnces of my own stupidity and being a fool, and i see it in general society as well.

Just basic relationship and family values, look at the mess in society resulting from fatherless kids or broken marriges and the stress it causes and overwhelnes the court system, or playing around alot of STDs going around. All the opposite of Gods will and all have consequences.

Opposite of Gods way of family values and adultary there is consequences. Issues and stress and the millions of problems in different ways.

Drunkardness always suffer the consequences. Either say or do stupid things and if manage to pass that going to be sick the next day. Always a consequence.

Commit crimes people get punished by the law and suffer the consequrnces.

DIsrespect Grandma, teacher, parant, and suffer the consequences that was. lashes with a whip or a chord. Maybe not these days as itd all politically correct, but in the earlier days disrespecting ones elders was a punishment.

If you ever feel stupid can always remember there are people who think they are saving the planet by driving a EV.

Aside from the definition of Fascism being a far-right ideology, I personally think that our current Democratic party is becoming more fascist all the time. Fascism does promote strong government control of the people and Democratic isealism does impose more and more control. I'm seeing here in MN as well.
In example : The Supreme in a 9 to 0 slap down decision found them to be not only fascists , but fascist crackpots.
Then continued to school them in the concept of freedom & liberty .

I would hope that you step down from your high places and stop making assumptions. I'm not preaching anything. I haven't jumped on any soapbox saying anyone should purchase an EV. Quite the contrary, I've only pointed out that no one has forced YOU to purchase and EV against YOUR will. Period. End of story.

You seem to be the one trying to make it all about hypocrisy, even insinuating that I am somehow a hypocrite for not practicing whatever you think I am preaching when I already said I have purchased solar power form my house.

But tell me, what does your concerns about their hypocrisy say about your character? Does the hypocrisy of the many of the church leaders prevent you from practicing your faith? Because in the same vein, as you are put off by the push for EV's, there are many more who are put off by the hypocrisy of the church.

Oh, I'm so sorry. That is just too bad. As I asked above, what does your concerns about their hypocrisy say about your character? Well you have told us all: "Do as I say, not as I do does not make it to my ears." Maybe there is something else that does not make it to your ears? Say like, the word of God? Do you forget the words of Jesus? What did he tell you concerning the scribes and pharisees, the hypocrites? Did your Lord and Savior not instruct you to do as they say, not as they do?

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
This discussion isn't about EVs. It's about the accusation of Fascism with regard to Mr. Trump and I proposed that the Democratic Party policies are more Fascist than him and the laws concerning EVs was just one example I put forth.

In example : The Supreme in a 9 to 0 slap down decision found them to be not only fascists , but fascist crackpots.
Then continued to school them in the concept of freedom & liberty .
I don't know who or what you are talking about here. You'll need to clarify.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back