Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tsunami to Strike the East Coasts of the Americas on 1st Apr

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I started by reading that "About the Author" page... wish I hadn't. But then again, I suppose it has to be read to be exposed.

I will not make any predictions which include dates or claim to be a prophet in any way. However, I will say that even though his 'prophecy' about the east coast was incorrect, the underlying fact that this will occur at some point soon is not. This event will occur and in my estimation.... relatively soon. Even scientists will back this one up.

bkhoward2001 said:
I will not make any predictions which include dates or claim to be a prophet in any way. However, I will say that even though his 'prophecy' about the east coast was incorrect, the underlying fact that this will occur at some point soon is not. This event will occur and in my estimation.... relatively soon. Even scientists will back this one up.
Hehehe, at some point, somewhere, it will get dark and several hours later, it will get light again... unless you are in one of the polar regions. :lol: :lol:

Hah! Just teasing. It's a dead thread now, so maybe you could expand on your post. I don't doubt that someme in the future, it could happen. I won't put muself out there by saying it could happen soon. Any number of ecological or astronomical events could take place in the near future.

The difference between a prophet of God speaking a word that God has commanded to be spoken and someone guessing, wishing, hoping, or wanting something to happen....is as different as night and day.

Re: Tsunami to Strike the East Coasts of the Americas on 1st

alasdair said:
Over the last few months there has been mounting evidence for a prophesy concerning a tsunami that will hit the East Coast of the Americas from the Island of La Palma on the 1st April 2007. To date, evidence has come in the form of parables such as the picture of the whore of Babylon outlined by Hudson Bay, Canada.

The latest such parable involves a volcano erupting on the Island of Sicily on 1st March 2007, exactly one month before the predicted tsunami. The name of the Island “Sicily†is significant for the same reason that April Fools’ Day is significant – the name sounds like “Sillyâ€Â.

Although this does indeed sound silly, the paradox is highly significant because the number of the beast (666) represents the exact opposite of foolishness; wisdom. The 666th name in the Bible is Solomon who was famed for his wisdom. Wisdom is 666 because common-sense reasoning and logic are in direct opposition to faith and following Jesus. For example, common sense dictates that you should not give up everything you have and follow Jesus.

For this reason, on Palm Sunday this year, a tsunami will destroy the East Coast of the Americas in the first step towards the destruction of all ideologies that are in opposition to following Jesus.

http://www.worldends.co.uk

Sicily Volcano:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Lav ... 46081.html

It doesn't look like this guy is claiming to be a prophet. It looks like he's reading into Scripture and trying to come up with an idea for a theory he has. So it doesn't look like the question is whether or not he's a false prophet but rather whether or not his theories or guesses are correct.

On the surface it looks to me like he's peeing in a cup and calling it tropicana, and I don't particularly want to go into any depth with his supposed claims. If something happens on April 30th like he now predicts instead of April 1st as I guess he predicted before, then I might look into it more and decide whether he used geology, seismology, and irrelevant passages of Scripture to make this prediction or if he's got something going for him.

aLoneVoice said:

I just went back to it after Packrat said that there had been an update. (I guess maybe it is just a real slow wave)

Anyway, I did a Google search on the name on the copyright notice at this website. There are some people who mentioned this dude on their websites. Here is just one example: I liked the heading "The End Is Near...Again"

http://theconnexion.net/wp/?feed=rss2&p=2581

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back