Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Twila Paris

Is there anyone out there who fondly remembers/still listens to her music? What was your favorite and why? I like best "The Warrior is a Child" and ""I Will Be Your Friend." To me her words are so real and heartful. And her voice, compounded with the words, is like listenig to a real angel of God for me.

I know some of her songs used to be on the radio station my mom listened to, but back then I didn't keep track of artists like I do now. I do know her song "God is in Control".

I love those two also. There is an album by the name of "True North" with that song on it and everyone knows "God is in Control" at least most everyone. There is one she sang about the man whos chose to be a man of God professionally who had the opportunity, like most, to make more money and such if he chose another career. I love this song of hers, too; very much. I can't remember the name but she POWERFULLY embolsters and honors such a man in this song. It gives me goose bumps.

Yes, Farouk it was/is a very good daily devotional by Oswald Chambers. I have a learther bound one whcih was goven to me as a gift. I remembered that great encourageing song for those Christians who live thier Christian life out in the world or from the pulpit or from afar in minisrty and take a stand for our Savior and Lord in that hostile darkness. It is so emboldening. She should have won an award from the Christian community for that song. It is "He Is No Fool." You can hear it live at this link if you want to:
It is live so not as acoustically sound as a studio recording but you'll get the idea.

Yes, Farouk it was/is a very good daily devotional by Oswald Chambers. I have a learther bound one whcih was goven to me as a gift. I remembered that great encourageing song for those Christians who live thier Christian life out in the world or from the pulpit or from afar in minisrty and take a stand for our Savior and Lord in that hostile darkness. It is so emboldening. She should have won an award from the Christian community for that song. It is "He Is No Fool." You can hear it live at this link if you want to:
It is live so not as acoustically sound as a studio recording but you'll get the idea.

This must be from a few years ago! Twila Paris had longer hair then; I hardly recognized her; I think she's done The Chop since.

Back