Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

U.S. Says 'Yes' to Wiccan Grave Symbols

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jgredline

:roll: ......Well lets see here... Why not just make statues of the Devil himself with an arrow pointing down with Matt 25:46....and use those as tomb stones.....

Madison, Wisconsin - The Wiccan pentacle has been added to the list of emblems allowed in United States cemeteries and on government-issued headstones of fallen U.S. soldiers, according to a settlement announced Monday.

A settlement between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Wiccans adds the five-pointed star to the list of "emblems of belief" allowed on VA grave markers. Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons, but variations of the pentacle have been used in horror movies as a sign of the devil - a usage not accepted by Wiccans.

"This settlement has forced the Bush Administration into acknowledging that there are no second-class religions in America, including among our nation's veterans," said the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, which represented the Wiccans in the lawsuit.

Eleven families nationwide are waiting for grave markers with the pentacle, said Selena Fox, a Wiccan high priestess with Circle Sanctuary in Wisconsin and a plaintiff in the lawsuit.

The settlement calls for the pentacle, whose five points represent earth, air, fire, water and spirit, to be placed on grave markers within 14 days for those who have pending requests with the VA.

"I am glad this has ended in success in time to get markers for Memorial Day," Fox said. Memorial Day is celebrated in May.

The VA sought the settlement in the interest of the families involved and to save taxpayers the expense of further litigation, VA spokesman Matt Burns said. The agency also agreed to pay $225,000 (euro165,965) in attorneys' fees and costs.

The pentacle has been added to 38 symbols the VA already permits on gravestones. They include commonly recognized symbols for Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism, as well as those for smaller religions such as Sufism Reoriented, Eckiankar and the Japanese faith Seicho-No-Ie.

The American Civil Liberties Union said the agreement also settles a similar lawsuit it filed last year against the VA. In that case, the ACLU represented two other Wiccan churches and three individuals.

VA-issued headstones, markers and plaques can be used in any cemetery, whether it is a national one such as Arlington near Washington or a private burial ground.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/216/story_21667_1.html
:roll:

usa.gif
God bless America.

Honestly, it would be totally inappropriate to place a cross over their graves, don't you think?

I'm glad to hear that, but then maybe I'm a little biased. :wink: Our country was founded on the freedom of religion, and like it or not, that does include Wicca.

I'm not sure why you associate Wicca with the Devil. Is it just because it's a non-Christian religion? Do you feel the same way about Buddhism or Native American Sprituality?

Black Cat said:
I'm not sure why you associate Wicca with the Devil. Is it just because it's a non-Christian religion? Do you feel the same way about Buddhism or Native American Sprituality?

Yes...If it is not of God, then it is of the devil...

What are the "other" symbols? And what are those other 'religions'?

Those wicca baskets and wicca furniture are real nice, but they will be burnt up one day, and eternity will have much, much better affair!! :wink:

Solo said:
Those wicca baskets and wicca furniture are real nice, but they will be burnt up one day, and eternity will have much, much better affair!! :wink:

:lol:

wi-ccan allow the tarres to grow with the wheat on this earth, and wi-ccan allow them that are not His to have their pagan/heathen gods, and idols, and symbols, but the separating of them will take place in God's time and turf, on God's terms. :wink:

jgredline said:

Do you feel threatened by non christian religions that are so called "devil" controlled?

It is not a matter of who is right and who is wrong. It is not a matter even about future judgment.

If somone else was in control and you as a Christian had to fight for your right for the government to allow you to put crosses over a gravesite, you'd be singing a different tune.

Respect for someone else's faith is not an issue of condoning it or not disagreeing with it. It is about the golden rule and the fact that if God respects our freedom of choice then we must do so with others. If you believe in the separation of church and state and no 'state enforced religion' then you must allow that liberty to all no matter what they believe or whether or not you agree with it.

It is not good to try and get back at what they say by saying, oh well, God will separate the tares from the wheat. Not a good call, guys, we are mere men! Besides, are we not supposed to try and save people? Bad call. Stop judging people as worthy of eternal hellfire! You're not supposed to do that!

jgredline said:

True, very true. Lost people will not grasp the depth of that, though.
Much prayer is needed as we talk in here.
We may be the only Jesus they see, ever.

Black Cat said:
I'm glad to hear that, but then maybe I'm a little biased. :wink: Our country was founded on the freedom of religion, and like it or not, that does include Wicca.

In response to your last question, the answer for me is an absolute YES!

Any faith that satan uses to draw people away from the ONLY way to God and the ONLY Name whereby anyone can be saved is a satanic religion and that includes buddhism and Native American "spirituality." It may look good on the outside but inside it is filled with death and destruction.

Gabbylittleangel said:
usa.gif
God bless America.

Honestly, it would be totally inappropriate to place a cross over their graves, don't you think?

to place a cross over a wiccan/witch/wizard/warlock grave? Inappropriate?
well, we don't know if that person, on their death bed, got born again, and, we don't know if they still rejected Jesus, so, it's best to leave the gravesites alone.
A lot of graves with crosses on them don't necessarily denote a born again Christian grave.

jgredline said:
:roll: ......Well lets see here... Why not just make statues of the Devil himself with an arrow pointing down with Matt 25:46....and use those as tomb stones.....

:roll:

even though it's true, that the dead person who died in their sins, is in hell,
it's not up to us to decide if they rejected Jesus Christ with their last breath.
My own mother rejected Jesus all her 79 years, but, on her death bed, while she was in immense pain, and scared, she said the sinner's prayer. At least that's what my brother told me. A few minutes after she said the prayer, the EMT's put her under such heavy sedation that she never opened her eyes again.
She never regained full consciousness.
Boy, I miss her. She died on Nov. 13th. People, PLEASE always witness to your family and friends, even if they call you names, or dismiss you.
Please!
Please also pray for a man we know, who has acute leukemia now, and we're going to visit him in the hospital tonight, God willing.
I've been given the blessed opportunity to witness to SO MANY people who are dying from an illness.
Don't let the hospital environment scare you. My older daughter is an RN, and she is ALWAYS GLAD when a true Christian visits a patient in the hospital she works in. Always!!

Back