Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
RND said:
Great, so you admit they weren't referring to UFO's. Great. Next. (That is providing, of course, that you don't think God rides around in UFO's).

It sure sounds to me like His throne is on that "circle in a circle." Providing of course you accept His Word. :biggrin

whirlwind said:
RND said:
Great, so you admit they weren't referring to UFO's. Great. Next. (That is providing, of course, that you don't think God rides around in UFO's).

It sure sounds to me like His throne is on that "circle in a circle." Providing of course you accept His Word. :biggrin
I accept every part of His word and I don't believe the omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and eternal God of the universe needs to fly around on UFO's. What I do believe is Ezekiel saw something that terrified him and was extremely difficult to describe. I mean seriously, think about it. If you saw God how would explain Him?

Isn't interesting that everything moves in a circular fashion? Everything from cells to galaxies.

Let's dissect one verse:

Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

The four beasts of verse 10 are thought to be by practically every theological scholar as the Children of Israel. They had one likeness, meaning they all had the likeness of their creator who's likeness could be found in the sanctuary (tabernacle). The appearance of these beasts and the work (what they did) was like a wheel withing a wheel meaning that they being inside the wheel were guided by that wheel.

Use the Bible to explain itself and you can never go wrong.

RND said:
whirlwind said:
Free said:
To say that any of those verses is referring to UFOs is to insert your own meaning into the text. Certain persons saw things that they found difficult to describe and so they used metaphors and the like to try and do so. That is all we can say about those texts, nothing more.

Okay...what meaning would you attribute to those references? What "things" fitting those descriptions could they possibly be? :confused

How dense are you? Some of the descriptions given are all referring to the same thing - the Ancient of days. God Himself.

Let's see....they fly, they have a circular motion, they're metallic. What could they be? :chin Maybe some type of really weird bird?

God. Ezekiel is describing God. It can't be anymore clear than that because scripture confirms that.

In reply to your edited in comment on a previous post....."If that's the case then maybe you should find a new forum to converse in because I don't think such thinking will fly very far here). :crying Now was that nice? :verysad And then you add...."how dense are you?" Well, aren't you a sweet and loving child of God? :biglaugh

Okay you say...."it is describing God." :rolling God is metallic colored? God is A, not in, but is A firey whirlwind, a great cloud? God is "four living creatures?" God is a "wheel within a wheel?" God is a "swift beast that rotates in a circle?" God is the "chariot of Israel?"

Sure you want to stick with that sweet pea?

RND said:
whirlwind said:
RND said:

I accept every part of His word and I don't believe the omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and eternal God of the universe needs to fly around on UFO's. What I do believe is Ezekiel saw something that terrified him and was extremely difficult to describe. I mean seriously, think about it. If you saw God how would explain Him?

We are made in His image. Remember....

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

I wonder of Jesus looked like a metallic, rotating, whirlwind?

Isn't interesting that everything moves in a circular fashion? Everything from cells to galaxies.

Everything does? I didn't realize EVERYTHING did but what does that have to do with the VEHICLE Ezekiel saw? Do you think he saw a cell or it was a galaxy he noticed coming toward him?

Let's dissect one verse:

Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

The four beasts of verse 10 are thought to be by practically every theological scholar as the Children of Israel. They had one likeness, meaning they all had the likeness of their creator who's likeness could be found in the sanctuary (tabernacle). The appearance of these beasts and the work (what they did) was like a wheel withing a wheel meaning that they being inside the wheel were guided by that wheel.

The four beasts represent the tribes...of that there is no doubt. That in no way explains what Ezekiel was seeing...now does it?

Use the Bible to explain itself and you can never go wrong.

Oh...I do and I see the spirit of what is written. :biggrin

whirlwind said:
In reply to your edited in comment on a previous post....."If that's the case then maybe you should find a new forum to converse in because I don't think such thinking will fly very far here). :crying Now was that nice? :verysad
Whether you find it to be nice or not is irrelevant. My comment should be seen as a gentile concern that you are espousing views that I know the mods and adminis of this forum won't be very tolerant of. You seem to be equating the God of the Universe, which is Jesus Christ, as being equal with some sort of alien floating around in a UFO.

And then you add...."how dense are you?" Well, aren't you a sweet and loving child of God? :biglaugh
You asked the same exact question to another that I adequately answered and which you apparently understood. By asking that same question you appeared to be very dense indeed. My bad though. I should not have maybe such a harsh statement.

Okay you say...."it is describing God." :rolling God is metallic colored?
Frankly, I have no idea what God looks like. What you are suggesting is that is, "The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl" means Has been adequately explained by simply using other scripture verses.

God is A, not in, but is A firey whirlwind, a great cloud?

Eze 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

You sound more like a man looking for an explanation as opposed to having any firm understanding of scripture.

God is "four living creatures?"
The four living creatures are Israel. See Numbers 2.

God is a "wheel within a wheel?"
Explained.

God is a "swift beast that rotates in a circle?"
Doesn't everything?

God is the "chariot of Israel?"

Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

Sure you want to stick with that sweet pea?
You mean compared to thinking the God of the universe floats around in a UFO? Yep.

whirlwind said:

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

You'll recall Jesus left His position as God to be found in the fashion ("likeness") of man. He was first in the "form" of God.

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Everything does? I didn't realize EVERYTHING did but what does that have to do with the VEHICLE Ezekiel saw? Do you think he saw a cell or it was a galaxy he noticed coming toward him?
Frankly I don't know what He saw. Ezekiel was describing what one could rightly say is "indescribable."

The four beasts represent the tribes...of that there is no doubt. That in no way explains what Ezekiel was seeing...now does it?
Sure it does. It describes what Ezekiel saw as enveloping or encircling the four beasts. Isn't that what God was doing in protecting and shepherding Israel?

Oh...I do and I see the spirit of what is written. :biggrin
If that was the case then you'd use Daniel and Revelation to your advantage and stop speculating that the Bible talks about UFO's. Ezekiel 1 is not describing a UFO but the God of the universe.

RND said:
whirlwind said:
In reply to your edited in comment on a previous post....."If that's the case then maybe you should find a new forum to converse in because I don't think such thinking will fly very far here). :crying Now was that nice? :verysad

Whether you find it to be nice or not is irrelevant. My comment should be seen as a gentile concern that you are espousing views that I know the mods and adminis of this forum won't be very tolerant of. You seem to be equating the God of the Universe, which is Jesus Christ, as being equal with some sort of alien floating around in a UFO.

Did I express my views by quoting Ezekiel my "gentile and so very concerned friend?" Are you a mod or administrator of this forum and speak for them? Did I say anyone was alien-like? :confused

[quote:2o1f282j]And then you add...."how dense are you?" Well, aren't you a sweet and loving child of God? :biglaugh

You asked the same exact question to another that I adequately answered and which you apparently understood. By asking that same question you appeared to be very dense indeed. My bad though. I should not have maybe such a harsh statement. [/quote:2o1f282j]

I accept your heart-felt apology in the same spirit in which it was offered. :yes ;) Your "adequate answer" is one I don't agree with. Does that shock you?

[quote:2o1f282j]Okay you say...."it is describing God." :rolling God is metallic colored?

Frankly, I have no idea what God looks like. What you are suggesting is that is, "The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl" means Has been adequately explained by simply using other scripture verses.[/quote:2o1f282j]

NO IT HASN'T been adequately explained by you! You said it was God. :crazy :screwloose

[quote:2o1f282j]God is A, not in, but is A firey whirlwind, a great cloud?

Eze 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

You sound more like a man looking for an explanation as opposed to having any firm understanding of scripture.[/quote:2o1f282j]

I don't need an explanation for I understand exactly what is being said. The whirlwind, great cloud, was around the object that was in "the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire." The whirlwind, the cloud, the fire, was NOT GOD as you are saying but surrounded the amber coloured (like bronze) "wheel within a wheel," IN WHICH Ezekiel saw "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD."

[quote:2o1f282j]God is "four living creatures?"

The four living creatures are Israel. See Numbers 2.[/quote:2o1f282j]

I know...it is YOU saying what Ezekiel saw was God. Part of the thing he saw was the four living creatures and the cloud and the whirlwind and the amber coloured wheel in a wheel. It is YOU saying God is ALL OF THOSE THINGS. God was IN IT....He was not what contained Him.

[quote:2o1f282j]God is a "wheel within a wheel?"
Explained. [/quote:2o1f282j]

:rolling :toofunny In your mind perhaps.

[quote:2o1f282j]God is a "swift beast that rotates in a circle?"
Doesn't everything? [/quote:2o1f282j]

No...everything doesn't rotate in a circle. The swift beast rotating in a circle is....a flying vehicle.

[quote:2o1f282j]God is the "chariot of Israel?"

Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: [/quote:2o1f282j]

You've found another reference to one of the vehicles...good for you!!! :yes :thumb Now do you realize that the chariot isn't God Himself?

[quote:2o1f282j]Sure you want to stick with that sweet pea?

You mean compared to thinking the God of the universe floats around in a UFO? Yep.[/quote:2o1f282j]

Okay..... :shades No problem.

RND said:
whirlwind said:

You'll recall Jesus left His position as God to be found in the fashion ("likeness") of man. He was first in the "form" of God.

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Do you reckon that might mean that while He was in a flesh body He no longer was in the spiritual form of God? Therefore He would die? You really need to see more "in the Spirit" RND. Paul warns that just seeing the letter "killeth." His appearance was the same but God is not flesh....Jesus was at that time.

[quote:9mrnz5u2]Everything does? I didn't realize EVERYTHING did but what does that have to do with the VEHICLE Ezekiel saw? Do you think he saw a cell or it was a galaxy he noticed coming toward him?

Frankly I don't know what He saw. Ezekiel was describing what one could rightly say is "indescribable." [/quote:9mrnz5u2]

I think he described it pretty well. A wheel within a wheel that was metallic and flew on it's side, unlike an upright wheel that rolls on a cart. Picture a UFO skipping through the air.

[quote:9mrnz5u2]The four beasts represent the tribes...of that there is no doubt. That in no way explains what Ezekiel was seeing...now does it?

Sure it does. It describes what Ezekiel saw as enveloping or encircling the four beasts. Isn't that what God was doing in protecting and shepherding Israel? [/quote:9mrnz5u2]

:shame

[quote:9mrnz5u2]Oh...I do and I see the spirit of what is written. :biggrin

If that was the case then you'd use Daniel and Revelation to your advantage and stop speculating that the Bible talks about UFO's. Ezekiel 1 is not describing a UFO but the God of the universe.[/quote:9mrnz5u2]

It isn't speculation...it is written and some of us see it...some don't. You should read it again if you think he is describing God. He is describing the Lord IN something. Something that flies.

whirlwind said:
Did I express my views by quoting Ezekiel my "gentile and so very concerned friend?"
I think so, yes.

Are you a mod or administrator of this forum and speak for them? Did I say anyone was alien-like?
Do I have to be one in order to tell you you are flying way too close to the sun on wings of wax? The bottom line is you are saying that Ezekiel 1 describes UFO's when clearly it does not. You don't want to even accept the fact that what you are saying is completely unsupported in scripture.

I accept your heart-felt apology in the same spirit in which it was offered. :yes ;) Your "adequate answer" is one I don't agree with. Does that shock you?
Not at all. In speaking to someone such as yourself who has bought all the lies from the "serpent seed" types it doesn't surprise me one bit that you think the Bible, especially Ezekiel 1, describes UFO's.

NO IT HASN'T been adequately explained by you! You said it was God. :crazy :screwloose
Both Daniel 7 and Revelation 1 describe the Ancient of days almost exactly like Ezekiel 1 does! I need not explain anything when scriptures paint the picture clearer than I ever could.

I don't need an explanation for I understand exactly what is being said. The whirlwind, great cloud, was around the object that was in "the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire." The whirlwind, the cloud, the fire, was NOT GOD as you are saying but surrounded the amber coloured (like bronze) "wheel within a wheel," IN WHICH Ezekiel saw "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD."
If you accept the obvious then you have to discount the crazy "serpent seed" doctrine that you have bought hook, line and sinker.

Whether you wish to accept it this is describing God:

"...a whirlwind came out of the north..."

God is seen in numerous scriptures of having His throne in the north.

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I know...it is YOU saying what Ezekiel saw was God. Part of the thing he saw was the four living creatures and the cloud and the whirlwind and the amber coloured wheel in a wheel. It is YOU saying God is ALL OF THOSE THINGS. God was IN IT....He was not what contained Him.
The four living creatures where enveloped and encircled by God. That's the "wheel within the wheel."

What's funny is believing that Ezekiel was describing UFO's. Now that's funny.....sad too.

No...everything doesn't rotate in a circle. The swift beast rotating in a circle is....a flying vehicle.
Really? A flying vehicle? How'd you come up with that idea? Just because?

You've found another reference to one of the vehicles...good for you!!! :yes :thumb Now do you realize that the chariot isn't God Himself?
The "clouds his chariot" reference is describing the multitude of angels. Clouds are commonly seen as referencing angels.

Psa 97:2 Clouds and darkness [are] round about him: righteousness and judgment [are] the habitation of his throne.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Okay..... :shades No problem.
Instead of buying the tripe of all those knuckleheads selling fascinating doctrine that tickles your ears you might try buying the sound doctrine that God Himself sells.

Heb 11:13 These all died by way of faith, not having received the promises, but seeing them from afar, and being persuaded, and having embraced and confessed that they are aliens and tenants on the earth.

I think we are the aliens.

:lol :tongue

whirlwind said:
Do you reckon that might mean that while He was in a flesh body He no longer was in the spiritual form of God?
Nope. Jesus was always connected to the Father by the Holy Spirit.

Therefore He would die?
He did, didn't He?

You really need to see more "in the Spirit" RND. Paul warns that just seeing the letter "killeth." His appearance was the same but God is not flesh....Jesus was at that time.
Jesus Christ is God and He came in the flesh, born of a woman under the law. When He resurrected He plainly told His disciples: "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

God clearly came in the flesh. Do you deny that?

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

I think he described it pretty well. A wheel within a wheel that was metallic and flew on it's side, unlike an upright wheel that rolls on a cart. Picture a UFO skipping through the air.
Nope. It has nothing to do with UFO's. That is something you have ingrained in your mind. You realize that if you allow the scripture to speak for itself it will clearly point out that Ezekiel 1 is describing the God of the universe.

What's shameful is your insistence on espousing views that are so contrary to the word of God and more in keeping with a science fiction movie that you cannot see the forest through the trees.

It isn't speculation...it is written and some of us see it...some don't. You should read it again if you think he is describing God. He is describing the Lord IN something. Something that flies.
"He is describing the Lord IN something." So you believe that the God of creation, that made everything by the words of His mouth, needs a UFO to fly around in. OK. :screwloose Again, espousing such a view is clearly contrary to the rules of the forum.

RND said:
whirlwind said:
Did I express my views by quoting Ezekiel my "gentile and so very concerned friend?"
I think so, yes.

Are you a mod or administrator of this forum and speak for them? Did I say anyone was alien-like?
Do I have to be one in order to tell you you are flying way too close to the sun on wings of wax? The bottom line is you are saying that Ezekiel 1 describes UFO's when clearly it does not. You don't want to even accept the fact that what you are saying is completely unsupported in scripture.

You may think whatever you wish. :biggrin Yes, bottom line is I AM saying Ezekiel was describing a flying, circular, fiery, metallic object. I can say that because Ezekiel said that.

[quote:2v12m9ea]I accept your heart-felt apology in the same spirit in which it was offered. :yes ;) Your "adequate answer" is one I don't agree with. Does that shock you?
Not at all. In speaking to someone such as yourself who has bought all the lies from the "serpent seed" types it doesn't surprise me one bit that you think the Bible, especially Ezekiel 1, describes UFO's.

Both Daniel 7 and Revelation 1 describe the Ancient of days almost exactly like Ezekiel 1 does! I need not explain anything when scriptures paint the picture clearer than I ever could. [/quote:2v12m9ea]

Lies? I don't lie. :shame

What you are unable to see is that the Bible has indeed painted a very clear picture but it hasn't yet been revealed to you. Perhaps as you overcome certain feelings of strife you will be able to see.
:pray

[quote:2v12m9ea]I don't need an explanation for I understand exactly what is being said. The whirlwind, great cloud, was around the object that was in "the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire." The whirlwind, the cloud, the fire, was NOT GOD as you are saying but surrounded the amber coloured (like bronze) "wheel within a wheel," IN WHICH Ezekiel saw "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD."
If you accept the obvious then you have to discount the crazy "serpent seed" doctrine that you have bought hook, line and sinker. [/quote:2v12m9ea]

I see. You know you have lost this battle and try to launch a sneak attack. :lol If you want to discuss the serpent seed, as you apparently feel a need to....then open a thread. If you mention it too many times though you could be banned so....be very, very careful. ;)

Whether you wish to accept it this is describing God:

"...a whirlwind came out of the north..."

God is seen in numerous scriptures of having His throne in the north.

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

He is not the whirlwind. He is not the cloud. He is not the fire. He was in the object that was in "the midst thereof" that was the color of amber....bronze. The question is not where His throne sits or has been but what that object was that He was in.

[quote:2v12m9ea]I know...it is YOU saying what Ezekiel saw was God. Part of the thing he saw was the four living creatures and the cloud and the whirlwind and the amber coloured wheel in a wheel. It is YOU saying God is ALL OF THOSE THINGS. God was IN IT....He was not what contained Him.
The four living creatures where enveloped and encircled by God. That's the "wheel within the wheel."

What's funny is believing that Ezekiel was describing UFO's. Now that's funny.....sad too.[/quote:2v12m9ea]

When we began this tirade I asked you explain what it is if it is not a flying vehicle. So far you haven't been able to.

[quote:2v12m9ea]No...everything doesn't rotate in a circle. The swift beast rotating in a circle is....a flying vehicle.
Really? A flying vehicle? How'd you come up with that idea? Just because?

The "clouds his chariot" reference is describing the multitude of angels. Clouds are commonly seen as referencing angels.

Psa 97:2 Clouds and darkness [are] round about him: righteousness and judgment [are] the habitation of his throne.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [/quote:2v12m9ea]

Yes...He comes with the clouds. He is NOT the cloud nor is He the whirlwind nor is He the chariot nor is He the four beasts. But...they are something and that something flies and is metallic.

[quote:2v12m9ea]Okay..... :shades No problem.
Instead of buying the tripe of all those knuckleheads selling fascinating doctrine that tickles your ears you might try buying the sound doctrine that God Himself sells.[/quote:2v12m9ea]

I wouldn't call Ezekiel or Elijah a "knucklehead."

RND said:
Nope. Jesus was always connected to the Father by the Holy Spirit.

No kidding? :o What a shock!!! Are you sure?

He did, didn't He?

Yes He did. He physically died and therein you see the meaning of the verses you quoted that apparently you failed to understand. Allow me to quote you.....

It wasn't that He no longer had the appearance of God...which was the subject, but was in a different form as He was flesh.

Jesus Christ is God and He came in the flesh, born of a woman under the law. When He resurrected He plainly told His disciples: "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

God clearly came in the flesh. Do you deny that?

What in the world are you trying to pull? Of course He is God and of course He came in the flesh but He came in a different form...that of flesh man. Therein is the meaning of the above quote where "being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God."

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Nope. It has nothing to do with UFO's. That is something you have ingrained in your mind. You realize that if you allow the scripture to speak for itself it will clearly point out that Ezekiel 1 is describing the God of the universe.

What's shameful is your insistence on espousing views that are so contrary to the word of God and more in keeping with a science fiction movie that you cannot see the forest through the trees.

So you believe that the God of creation, that made everything by the words of His mouth, needs a UFO to fly around in. OK. :screwloose Again, espousing such a view is clearly contrary to the rules of the forum.

If you have a problem with it I would suggest that you take it up with Ezekiel. I have quoted the Words of our Lord as written.

whirlwind said:
You may think whatever you wish. :biggrin Yes, bottom line is I AM saying Ezekiel was describing a flying, circular, fiery, metallic object. I can say that because Ezekiel said that.
Then you are stating something completely unscriptural.

Lies? I don't lie. :shame
Never said you did.

What you are unable to see is that the Bible has indeed painted a very clear picture but it hasn't yet been revealed to you. Perhaps as you overcome certain feelings of strife you will be able to see.
Brother, I have clearly described the picture that Ezekiel was describing was his view of what God was like that was revealed to him. No UFO's. I have a feeling this post is going to wind up the same way as the other one that you insisted on.

I see. You know you have lost this battle and try to launch a sneak attack. :lol If you want to discuss the serpent seed, as you apparently feel a need to....then open a thread. If you mention it too many times though you could be banned so....be very, very careful. ;)
I won't be opening up such a thread because it is against the rules, just like insisting God fly's around in a flying saucer is. I'm not backing down from any battle frankly I just want to point out the danger of believing and teaching such doctrines that go beyond any semblance of sound Bible teaching.

He is not the whirlwind. He is not the cloud. He is not the fire. He was in the object that was in "the midst thereof" that was the color of amber....bronze. The question is not where His throne sits or has been but what that object was that He was in.
You still don't get it. The whirlwind that came out of the north, was described as "a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire." Verse 27 clearly says that the amber color came "as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about."

When we began this tirade I asked you explain what it is if it is not a flying vehicle. So far you haven't been able to.
I quoted Daniel 7 and Revelation 1. Those verses speak for themselves.

Yes...He comes with the clouds. He is NOT the cloud nor is He the whirlwind nor is He the chariot nor is He the four beasts. But...they are something and that something flies and is metallic.
Which come out of Him. Read verse 27. God is the whirlwind of the north.

I wouldn't call Ezekiel or Elijah a "knucklehead."
I'm not. I'm calling those "teachers" and "theologians" you listen to knuckleheads.

whirlwind said:
No kidding? :o What a shock!!! Are you sure?
As sure as I am that Ezekiel isn't describing UFO's.

Yes He did. He physically died and therein you see the meaning of the verses you quoted that apparently you failed to understand. Allow me to quote you.....

[quote:2y1zjysm]You'll recall Jesus left His position as God to be found in the fashion ("likeness") of man. He was first in the "form" of God.

It wasn't that He no longer had the appearance of God...which was the subject, but was in a different form as He was flesh. [/quote:2y1zjysm]

Jesus wasn't in the form of God on earth He was fashioned into the likeness of man. It's not too hard to understand. Jesus asc3nded to heaven as a man and thus forever left His place with God to become the likeness of men.

What in the world are you trying to pull? Of course He is God and of course He came in the flesh but He came in a different form...that of flesh man. Therein is the meaning of the above quote where "being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God."
Jesus was not in the form of a "flesh" being in heaven.

If you have a problem with it I would suggest that you take it up with Ezekiel. I have quoted the Words of our Lord as written.
Nope. You have read things into scripture that are not there. No UFO's only a vivid description of what God is like. Hard to describe.

Job 38:1 ¶ Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Job 40:6 ¶ Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

The Lord spoke to Job "out of a whirlwind." Hmmm. Interesting.

Ok guys, obviously this conversation is going no where.

Whirlwind, unless you redefine what a UFO is there is no way you can use those bible verses to associate them with UFOs. What is your opinion of the suggestion I offered here (page 1)?

This is perverse. I've seen enough. :nono

This will remain open for now but everyone better start playing nice or it will be shut down.

RND said:
Interesting how this parallels with:

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

and with:

Rev 1:14 His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

If you were to ask me Ezekiel, Daniel and John all saw the same thing - the Ancient of days.

Keen observation RND on the similarities in Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation. I too have made this observation many times before, and I am convinced all the more that this is yet another reason why you cannot deny that Jesus is God. See my post here where I explored some more similarities between those three books and how it applied to Jesus.

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
RND said:
Interesting how this parallels with:

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

and with:

Rev 1:14 His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

If you were to ask me Ezekiel, Daniel and John all saw the same thing - the Ancient of days.

Keen observation RND on the similarities in Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation. I too have made this observation many times before, and I am convinced all the more that this is yet another reason why you cannot deny that Jesus is God. See my post here where I explored some more similarities between those three books and how it applied to Jesus.

God Bless,

~Josh
Thanks Josh. I'm glad we agree that the Bible can speak for itself without any extraneous nonsense about UFO's! :) If people would just read their Bibles and let the Bible speak for itself we would be home already!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back