Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Interesting thread..

If God was to appear to us right now in the skies as He has in ancient times, I wonder whether He would be classified as being a UFO?
From the detailed descriptions given in the Bible by the likes of Ezekiel it does sound strikingly similar to what we would call an 'unidentified flying object' in our times. Did not Ezekiel get taken up into the heavens with God where he saw the globe of the earth rotating upside down?

Also, how can we be absolutely sure that our God, Creator of the universe does not indeed use some kind of vehicle to appear to us or move around? Given that we are made in His image yet He is of spirit, could it not be possible that He would use an object to transcend to us in our dimension?

The fact is is that no-one really knows, as God is a mystery, that will be revealed to us on that very special day, and to try and say that UFOs are definitely not in the Bible and to make strong statements that apparently prove them to be identifiable objects without even meeting God yourself, is just humanistic speculation.

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

RND said:
Job 38:1 ¶ Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Job 40:6 ¶ Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

The Lord spoke to Job "out of a whirlwind." Hmmm. Interesting.

I'm not going to reply to the above posts as it has all been said. However, your use of the verses in Job show that God speaks "out of a whirlwind,"...He Himself is not The whirlwind. The question the OP asked isn't whether or not it was God speaking to Ezekiel but what He was "in the midst of."

cybershark5886 said:
Ok guys, obviously this conversation is going no where.

Whirlwind, unless you redefine what a UFO is there is no way you can use those bible verses to associate them with UFOs. What is your opinion of the suggestion I offered here (page 1)?

There is no need for me to define or redefine. It is written. We must deal with it. Whether or not you, or Free, or RND believes it is or is not a UFO doesn't matter to me. Previously someone asked for Scripture on this subject and....I provided it. :)

UFO =/= "flying saucer"

Just sayin'.

There's an interesting movie that mentions this "wheel within a wheel". The movie is called "Knowing", and stars Nicholas Cage. It has some interesting ideas.

whirlwind said:
RND said:
Job 38:1 ¶ Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Job 40:6 ¶ Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

The Lord spoke to Job "out of a whirlwind." Hmmm. Interesting.

I'm not going to reply to the above posts as it has all been said. However, your use of the verses in Job show that God speaks "out of a whirlwind,"...He Himself is not The whirlwind. The question the OP asked isn't whether or not it was God speaking to Ezekiel but what He was "in the midst of."

The fire and color of amber came from the midst of the whirlwind:

Eze 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof (of the whirlwind) as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

It is more than evident that people only "see" what they want to "see." Jesus was right.

researcher said:
Heb 11:13 These all died by way of faith, not having received the promises, but seeing them from afar, and being persuaded, and having embraced and confessed that they are aliens and tenants on the earth.

I think we are the aliens.

:lol :tongue
:biglol :biglaugh

If God is some alien that travels the universe in a UFO, then Satan and his demons are terminators flying around in H/Ks destroying humans. :robot

This is a real distortion of scripture and the way God intended to reveal HIMSELF to HIS creation. :shame

Vic C. said:
If God is some alien that travels the universe in a UFO, then Satan and his demons are terminators flying around in H/Ks destroying humans. :robot

Hehe, what an idea that is! :chin

Now I'm not saying 'Yay' or 'Nay'...but......WHO knows for sure?

No-one, not one of us.

Now, that is the mystery of God, as He intended, and Praise the Lord for His superiority! :clap

Steve76 said:

No-one, not one of us.
Anyone that reads his Bible with an open heart for learning about God will know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God does not fly around in spaceships.

RND said:
Steve76 said:

No-one, not one of us.
Anyone that reads his Bible with an open heart for learning about God will know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God does not fly around in spaceships.

I have met Jesus Christ in Spirit, I have an open heart for learning about God, and I am open to the suggestion that there are unidentified flying objects in some scriptures.

What they are is a mystery just as our Creator is a mystery, and no-one has the right to state for sure whether or not God uses a vehicle of some sort, if they have not met or seen Him.

It is not blasphemous to be in awe and wonder about how our Creator works..in fact, it is fascinating.

Steve76 said:
I have met Jesus Christ in Spirit, I have an open heart for learning about God, and I am open to the suggestion that there are unidentified flying objects in some scriptures.
Wow! I would presume just the opposite.

What they are is a mystery just as our Creator is a mystery, and no-one has the right to state for sure whether or not God uses a vehicle of some sort, if they have not met or seen Him.
I have met God through His word and I can assure you that a God that "speaks" things into existence has no need to fly around in spaceships.

It is not blasphemous to be in awe and wonder about how our Creator works..in fact, it is fascinating.
Indeed, that's why He gave us His word. God has appeared as a cloud column by day and a pillar of fire at night and as a baby born to a virgin and later a grown man. No where is God ever seen in scripture piloting a spaceship.

OK, no problem, you are right, totally and absolutely correct.

There, do you feel better now?

Like I said, I am open to there being some kind of UFOs in the Bible, you obviously are not so let someone else now have their say on here because we understand, that you are right, as you know the truth and are 100% certain of it, right?

Well done, and I cannot wait to become as certain and as wise as you.. :clap

Steve76 said:
OK, no problem, you are right, totally and absolutely correct.

There, do you feel better now?
Honestly? I feel very sorry for you quite frankly. You say you believe in God and His son Jesus Christ. So tell me, why would a God that can part the Red Sea with His breath need to fly around in a spaceship?

Like I said, I am open to there being some kind of UFOs in the Bible, you obviously are not so let someone else now have their say on here because we understand, that you are right, as you know the truth and are 100% certain of it, right?
Again, I see your understanding of who God is extremely superficial and quite degrading to the God who created the universe with His words.

Well done, and I cannot wait to become as certain and as wise as you.. :clap
You're a smart alleck that just doesn't get it. The reason you are open to the possibility of God flying around in spaceships is because you haven't fully surrendered to the truth of His word. You are like those tossed about by every wind of change of doctrine.

What's next for you? God as Ms. Piggy?

PS: I read your blog. Very interesting. "A Church that has sound doctrine, uses the KJV Bible and sticks to the Word of God."

Is sound doctrine related to speculating about God and His flights of fancy on spaceships? Ask you pastor that one.

I can understand your defensive stance on this and appreciate your ferverence so I will try to re-itirate..

Yes, I believe that there are unidentified flying objects in the Bible. I did not say I believe God uses one,
I said that it was an interesting topic that I am open to.

Like I said, you seem to know for certain the things that I want to know, and, I will stay open to the possibility that God may well use a vehicle of some sort until I know for sure whether He does or does not so there we go, you call yourself a Christian, I call myself a Christian, as we are brothers in Christ, let us agree to disagree.

Thanks for taking the time to read some of my blog btw. :thumb

For argument sake, if the bible says that God comes "on the clouds", does that make the clouds a vehicle? Are they needed? If not, why have them?

I have no opinion on whether or not God needs a vehicle of any type, but nothing else, Ezekiel's vision is a wild one. :yes What's interesting is that, no other person, who is describing God, has ever used those descriptive words. Moses, John, etc.

RND said:
[ I have met God through His word and I can assure you that a God that "speaks" things into existence has no need to fly around in spaceships.

But a God that speaks things into existence doesn't need a jar of water to create wine either. That doesn't mean he doesn't use spaceships/jars of water necessarily.

The problem with this wild, outlandish interpretation is the interjecting of 20th./21st. visions and terminology to something written well, well over 2,000 years ago. :confused

Go research what it may have meant at the time it was written... and then come back and discuss. Maybe look at it from a Jewish/Hebrew scholar (Rashi), since the 20th. century interpretation doesn't hold much water. Hey, did you ever stop to think this is NOT about God in the sense some of you are stating?

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo ... rashi/true

2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, which parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Well, God at least has flying chariots. Lol.

The word for horses is used a few times for birds also, depending on context. Lol

Gosh....it's getting really difficult to make my way through the utter pomposity of one of the posters on this forum...not saying who but...my goodness. :o

Steve76 said:
I can understand your defensive stance on this and appreciate your ferverence so I will try to re-itirate..

Yes, I believe that there are unidentified flying objects in the Bible. I did not say I believe God uses one,
I said that it was an interesting topic that I am open to.

Like I said, you seem to know for certain the things that I want to know, and, I will stay open to the possibility that God may well use a vehicle of some sort until I know for sure whether He does or does not so there we go, you call yourself a Christian, I call myself a Christian, as we are brothers in Christ, let us agree to disagree.

Thanks for taking the time to read some of my blog btw. :thumb
Brother, I worry about you that you could be so easily swayed from the truth of scripture.

Vic C. said:
The problem with this wild, outlandish interpretation is the interjecting of 20th./21st. visions and terminology to something written well, well over 2,000 years ago. :confused

Go research what it may have meant at the time it was written... and then come back and discuss. Maybe look at it from a Jewish/Hebrew scholar (Rashi), since the 20th. century interpretation doesn't hold much water. Hey, did you ever stop to think this is NOT about God in the sense some of you are stating?

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo ... rashi/true

Interesting opinions from Rashi, thanks for that.. ;)

Think of all the artwork created from the visions we are talking about here and we usually get -
an old looking human with a long grey beard, peering out of pillars of clouds looking down at the people below.
It would be interesting to see a piece of artwork expressing exactly what Ezekiel saw instead of the normal
'Bearded old guy' which is so common. Anyone know of any such artwork? Art that has a close resemblance to what Ezekiel witnessed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back