Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
(THE) said:
Banned??????or a simple upgrade?????????
Can't say. But if you were and decided to jump back in it would appear that you'd at least change your posting style.

RND said:
(THE) said:
Alright,,,,,I havent been thru the whole thread,,,and theres really not much to tell.....
Wow, your style is very similar to another poster that posted here but I think was recently banned I think. Remarkable.

Maybe you should take the time to pursue the thread and give us your take on all the parts of the Bible that specifically reference spaceships or UFO's.

"fire infolding itself" is simply a way of saying "light" or flashing lights"
Or it is a description of God appearing as a "pilar of fire."

[quote:2i9btyn3]The word "Amber" in the Hebrew is"glowing metal". Strong's Hebrew dictionary, # 2830 says; "bronze, or polished spectrum metal".
This has a direct reference to other parts of scripture that describe Jesus Christ , 'the Ancient of days."

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Dan 7:9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Eze 1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

SO we see wherever this flashing,,polished piece of metal goes,,,we have the the "Protecting cherubs" (Zoe) that watch over the throne of God..........,
Which alludes to the two cherubim that were atop of the Ark of the Covenant which is symbolic of the throne of God.

1Ki 8:7 For the cherubims spread forth [their] two wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above.

What Ezekiel seems to being trying to describe is is a flying vehicle and attahed to the vehicle is the Zoe......Wherever it goes they go it does not turn when it goes it just goes....The (Zoe) dont even look where they go they just go..........
In relationship to the "four faces" Ezekiel is specifically describing the tribues of Israel - see numbers 2.

This is a small peice of what scripture has to offer concerning this highly polished bronze vehilce.....
This small peice of scripture is the words of a man describing the indescribable.

When can continue and touch on the people that were seen inside this object,,,and the "landing gear"...
:lol You need to lay off the late night Burrito Supreme's.[/quote:2i9btyn3]

Ezekiel 1:15 "Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces."

Ezekiel 1:16 "The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel."

Ezekiel 1:18 "As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four."

Ezekiel 1:19 "And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up."

Now after reading this carefully if you still beleive we are not discussing a flying vehicle that obviously has wheels (landing gear) then hey.....But the scriptures you left have nothing to do with the word "amber" as it is being utilized here in Ezeliel,,,I would suggest you refer back to your Hebrew for a more accurate assessment.....

Also you might want to research the word "horses" many time it not a literal horse but the same Hebrew wording used in the Hebrew......I believe Ezekiel was having a little trouble describing this highly advanced vehicles after seeing ox carts is whole life......

Can't say. But if you were and decided to jump back in it would appear that you'd at least change your posting style.

SO what does that tell ya???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

(THE) said:
Ezekiel 1:15 "Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces."

Ezekiel 1:16 "The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel."

Ezekiel 1:18 "As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four."

Ezekiel 1:19 "And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up."

Now after reading this carefully if you still beleive we are not discussing a flying vehicle that obviously has wheels (landing gear) then hey.....
I still believe that. Always will.

But the scriptures you left have nothing to do with the word "amber" as it is being utilized here in Ezeliel,,,I would suggest you refer back to your Hebrew for a more accurate assessment.....
The word for amber - chashmal means: probably bronze or polished spectrum metal. The references from Daniel and Revelation say the exact same thing. Polished metal.

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Dan 7:9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Eze 1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
Also you might want to research the word "horses" many time it not a literal horse but the same Hebrew wording used in the Hebrew......
How does this have anything to do with Ezekiel 1, considering horse are not referenced in Ezekiel 1.
I believe Ezekiel was having a little trouble describing this highly advanced vehicles after seeing ox carts is whole life......
You are free to believe anything you wish. You would do well to reference any scriptures that solidify your points and make your position strong.

RND said:
(THE) said:

Now after reading this carefully if you still beleive we are not discussing a flying vehicle that obviously has wheels (landing gear) then hey.....
I still believe that. Always will.

But the scriptures you left have nothing to do with the word "amber" as it is being utilized here in Ezeliel,,,I would suggest you refer back to your Hebrew for a more accurate assessment.....
The word for amber - chashmal means: probably bronze or polished spectrum metal. The references from Daniel and Revelation say the exact same thing. Polished metal.

[quote:3jg25qwu]
Also you might want to research the word "horses" many time it not a literal horse but the same Hebrew wording used in the Hebrew......
How does this have anything to do with Ezekiel 1, considering horse are not referenced in Ezekiel 1.
I believe Ezekiel was having a little trouble describing this highly advanced vehicles after seeing ox carts is whole life......
You are free to believe anything you wish. You would do well to reference any scriptures that solidify your points and make your position strong.[/quote:3jg25qwu]

So did Ezekiel see a highly polished bronze vehical or not??????????

Free said:
(THE) said:
No.

Please, everyone, play nice.

Im not sure your able to have this kind of conversastion,,,regarding Ezeliel 1....

You say Ezekiel didnt see a highly polished bronze vehical..........

Ezekiel 1:4 "And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire,"

The word "Amber" in the Hebrew text, "glowing metal". Strong's Hebrew dictionary, # 2830 says; "bronze, or polished spectrum metal".

NOw you dont have to believe what we are seeing here is what we deem as a UFO,,,but it is clear Ezekiel saw highly polished bronze.....

We also see from verse 16 that this highly polished bronze has wheels....

So either you dont understand a lick of Hebrew,,,or you say "NO" before you even do the research,, in any case by saying "NO" you clearly are unable to see the obvious......

RND said:
(THE) said:
Nope.

Ok and he didnt see wheels either ...

What this seems to be coming down to,,,is instead of reading what Ezekiel saw you want to tell him what he saw.....

SO what were these wheels connected to??????,,,,,,,,,OH I know :wave maybe God got a knew set of killer rollerblades and we he grinds he makes fire.........

(THE) said:
The word "Amber" in the Hebrew text, "glowing metal". Strong's Hebrew dictionary, # 2830 says; "bronze, or polished spectrum metal".
Do not make such a strong appeal to Strong's since you have no Hebrew training (if you did, you wouldn't be using Strong's). The word "amber" could very well be referring to the colour given off by bronze and not at all be referring to the material itself.

(THE) said:
So either you dont understand a lick of Hebrew,,,or you say "NO" before you even do the research,, in any case by saying "NO" you clearly are unable to see the obvious......
Again, unless you have formal training in Hebrew, you really should not make such a strong appeal to it and think that you have it figured out. And you most certainly are not qualified to tell anyone that they "don't understand a lick of Hebrew."

Ezekiel saw something incredible. But to go beyond the text and state that it was a vehicle of some sort, a UFO or a spacecraft, is error.

(THE) said:

This is a description of the "four beasts" that Ezekiel saw. The "living creatures" are referring to the tribe of Israel and the four "faces" that were used to describe Israel. A Lion, and Ox, an Eagle, and lastly a Man. These were the banners of Israel in the book of numbers.

What this seems to be coming down to,,,is instead of reading what Ezekiel saw you want to tell him what he saw.....
I'm not trying to tell Ezekiel anything. I'm attempting to use scripture to help in describing what Ezekiel saw.

SO what were these wheels connected to??????,,,,,,,,,OH I know :wave maybe God got a knew set of killer rollerblades and we he grinds he makes fire.........
Well, aside from your disrespectful characterization of God and who He is the word wheels coincides with the the actions of a King and the actions of His chariots and is analogous to a whirlwind.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Free said:
(THE) said:
Do not make such a strong appeal to Strong's since you have no Hebrew training (if you did, you wouldn't be using Strong's). The word "amber" could very well be referring to the colour given off by bronze and not at all be referring to the material itself.

[quote="(THE)":nvv6cfwn]So either you dont understand a lick of Hebrew,,,or you say "NO" before you even do the research,, in any case by saying "NO" you clearly are unable to see the obvious......
Again, unless you have formal training in Hebrew, you really should not make such a strong appeal to it and think that you have it figured out. And you most certainly are not qualified to tell anyone that they "don't understand a lick of Hebrew."

Ezekiel saw something incredible. But to go beyond the text and state that it was a vehicle of some sort, a UFO or a spacecraft, is error.[/quote:nvv6cfwn]

You dont know my qualifications,,,you dont seem to know much of anything concerniong this topic...

Lets look at your response...

Ezekiel saw something incredible

Well duh.....

a 1st grader could have told us that,,,,if thats all you have to offer save it.......

Saying Ezekiel saw something incredible does not describe the wheels and works spoken of in verse 16
along with many other things spoken.....

I told you already,,,,when it comes to searching out the truth of Gods word in debth,,,you should discuss it with someone w who can say whoooo "incredible" and let the learning stop there,,,but that person aint me..............

Thats nonsense I know many who speak Hebrew and still use a stongs,,,,I use the strongs because it is numbered to the Greek Hebrew and Chaldee from the bible I use....
Funny for you to critize when you seem to no none....and it shows in these ignorant responses....

I believe what Ezekiel saw was God but to some it is compared to a UFO..
The detail of the vision is interesting and strong and out of all the UFO pictures and videos out there, I have never seen a UFO that is at all similar to Ezekiel's vision, intriguing as it may be!

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

RND said:
(THE) said:

This is a description of the "four beasts" that Ezekiel saw. The "living creatures" are referring to the tribe of Israel and the four "faces" that were used to describe Israel. A Lion, and Ox, an Eagle, and lastly a Man. These were the banners of Israel in the book of numbers.

I'm not trying to tell Ezekiel anything. I'm attempting to use scripture to help in describing what Ezekiel saw.

[quote:3st3at7o]SO what were these wheels connected to??????,,,,,,,,,OH I know :wave maybe God got a knew set of killer rollerblades and we he grinds he makes fire.........
Well, aside from your disrespectful characterization of God and who He is the word wheels coincides with the the actions of a King and the actions of His chariots and is analogous to a whirlwind.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.[/quote:3st3at7o]

I am very famialr with the banners what they mean and to what tribes they belong.........

Oh yeah saying God got some rollerblades is just horrible ,,O how will I ever make into the kingdom???? for I have mentioned God and rollerblades in the same sentance surely this is the unpardonable sin......

(THE) said:
I am very famialr with the banners what they mean and to what tribes they belong.........
Great! Then you should be able to see how this has nothing to do with spaceships and aliens.

Oh yeah saying God got some rollerblades is just horrible ,,O how will I ever make into the kingdom???? for I have mentioned God and rollerblades in the same sentance surely this is the unpardonable sin......
It's mocking God and making fun of His word, that's all. ws a lack of reverence and respect for the creator of the universe.

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

There isn't anything in the bible that says UFO. Its all based off interpratation of whats being read.
Thats the entire bible itself. When you read Ezekiel, here is man trying his best to put into words
what he is seeing. For some reason people on here refer to scholars and other professionals that know the bible.
These people went to school and have a degree and spent time reading the bible. I can do exactly the same thing minus the schooling and come up with a different or same conclusion based off how its interpreted. Obviously the bible has issues with interpretation, discrepancies and translations. The NIV, KJ, and American Standard although just the begining do have different meanings, and just one word can change the meaning. Then there is the Catholic Bible which has more books in it then the three I just mentioned. My point being when the scribes were writing these books in the dark by candle light sometimes hundreds of years later. You dont think the translations got fouled up?

Nowadays people forget what they were doing 15 minutes ago.
In ezekiel maybe what they were trying to describe to us was a UFO and we got it wrong.
i know i went off my own topic a little but all i am seeing here is the same argument.

There are proper and improper ways of interpreting Scripture. Scholars simply employ skills that most do not have. Yes, they disagree on things but I can all but guarantee you that no reputable scholar would interpret this passage as referring to some sort of spacecraft.

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread about the difficulties of reconciling such an interpretation with the nature of God an how he interacts with the us and the world. To say that God uses or needs a vehicle displays much ignorance of what the Bible reveals about God and his interactions with creation.

I'll put it another way:

UFOs, spaceships and vehicles are man's ways of describing methods we, and any material beings like us, need for mobility. Anyone who thinks that Ezekiel saw God in some sort of spacecraft has to explain why God would need one for travel, especially in light of God being an omnipresent spirit. There simply is no Scriptural basis for thinking Ezekiel saw a UFO, much less God at the helm. It is clearly man putting his interpretation onto Scripture.

Free said:
(THE) said:
You dont know my qualifications
You're right, I shouldn't assume. Do you have formal biblical Hebrew training?

The key word is "Biblical" yes I have,,, and am going through biblical hebrew trainging now....But I only use hebrew as it relates to the word,,,,and even then I dont present all I could....

Ezekiel has never seen anything but a ox/horse cart,,, describing a polished bronze piece of metal with lights descending from the sky is a little advanced for his descriptive skills dont you think?????,,,,,,so we need to realize that Ezekiel is going to have trouble describing what he is seeing,,,,thus using Hebrew here will help...

Let me,, let in you in on a little biblical secret,,,,God assigned the Levites to be the priest and keep the doctrine of God.....But kenites worked there way to become biblical scribes,,,so Ezra/Nehemiah put a Hebrew lock in the bible to keep those who would change the words from doing so...........So it might be helpful to learn a little Hebrew.....

(THE) said:
The key word is "Biblical" yes I have,,, and am going through biblical hebrew trainging now.
Where at?

(THE) said:
Ezekiel has never seen anything but a ox/horse cart
But he had certainly seen polished bronze metal and if it looked like amber, then it would make sense to use the word to describe the same colour he saw.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back