Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Unconditional Love

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Hey guys, I was just going to post this topic because it seems like it was a rather crazy day today. Please realize that I'm not very good :crosswhen it comes to the Bible but I do know this one thing; God is love. And when somebody else (not naming names) tries to convince children of God otherwise it really makes my hair stand on end! :angry3First of all I am tagging Tessa since this was her idea and I think I will also tag for_his_glory and Stringfellow_Hawke because all three of you know exactly what I am talking about.

First of all to all of the new Christians who are reading this now, here's a basic Bible verse to start you off with. "For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

That pretty much says it all. The whole entire reason that we even celebrate Christmas and Easter in the first place is because God loved us enough to send Jesus into the world to die for our sins. So He pretty much was being brought up as a pig for slaughter. For He is the way, the truth, and the life. :cross The devil is the one who lies and he hates us. Just like God gave us all free will to choose between good and evil, He gave Lucifer the same choice and once he decided to rebel against Him he was banished from Heaven. I do believe that can be a lesson for all of us. Luke 10:18 God gave all of us the chance at being reconciled with Him because He saw just how imperfect we are all.

Jesus being the only perfect person who did absolutely nothing wrong was sentenced to death. He could have backed out of it but He still decided to die on our behalf because that's how much He loved us. So,.. point being,.. there is absolutely nothing we can do that gets us to Heaven. Jesus paid the cost for us and if we accept Him, we are guaranteed to join Him in Heaven. However, a lot of people decide that they don't want to accept the gift that they were given and they mock Him, curse Him, and spit in His face. He can take it and believe it or not He still offers those people a chance at salvation since His love is unconditional and towards everybody in the world.

Whether or not we are black or white, male or female, young, old, mentally disabled, (like me) physically disabled, skinny, fat, it really doesn't matter what you are on the outside because unlike other people in the world, God looks at the heart. Even if your mind starts to doubt His existence, (I'm guilty there too) if He's truly in your heart He knows about it and you will join Him someday in paradise. Samuel 16:7 Luke 23:43 So there you have it guys, God loves you and He wants to have a relationship with you and He will always be with you. That is the truth. He has always been and will always be Father and He wants you to be His child. The only question now, is will you let Him? John 14:6 :readbible

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭NASB‬‬

““I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”
John 5:24 NIV ‘84

I quoted this verse in all these translations because these are my translation choices (in that order) and because it’s a verse that truly shows God’s love for us and how we’re in His hands. The “shall not” in this verse is the same as in “thou shall not steal.” At no point is it permissible to steal. Likewise, at no point does one who truly believes (trusts) in Christ ever condemned.

Thank you for posting April, that is so beautiful. The true message!
Lovely video too.

John 3:16 NKJV
For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Thank you for posting April, that is so beautiful. The true message!
Lovely video too.

John 3:16 NKJV
For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

You're welcome, I'm really glad that you enjoyed it. :) I know that it is technically an Easter song, but it really can be listened to and enjoyed any time of the year. I may not understand the Bible entirely, this post came entirely from my heart. That's how I know that I really do have Jesus in my heart though although the devil tries to confuse me about it sometimes. Here's another song that I love to listen to even though it really is supposed to be a Christmas song.

April, it's the simplicity of words that you have given in the OP that shows a pure unconditional love that Christ has for us. The love of Christ is God's grace in action to all who will come and receive Him. Our inheritance is life eternal with the Father and no one can pluck us out of His hands. I also like that you added an invitation to come to Jesus.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

April, it's the simplicity of words that you have given in the OP that shows a pure unconditional love that Christ has for us. The love of Christ is God's grace in action to all who will come and receive Him. Our inheritance is life eternal with the Father and no one can pluck us out of His hands. I also like that you added an invitation to come to Jesus.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

Thank you, I really appreciate that since I'm not all that familiar with the Bible yet, I still have to look most of the verses up. I just speak from my heart and I want everybody to know that God loves them and He isn't angry with them, He just wants a relationship with them. The last so called church that I went to never taught me any of that stuff. They taught me that God was angry at me and He wanted to unleash His wrath upon me.

Thank you, I really appreciate that since I'm not all that familiar with the Bible yet, I still have to look most of the verses up. I just speak from my heart and I want everybody to know that God loves them and He isn't angry with them, He just wants a relationship with them. The last so called church that I went to never taught me any of that stuff. They taught me that God was angry at me and He wanted to unleash His wrath upon me.

You're more familiar than you think you are with scripture as you already have the milk and now proceeding to be fed the meat. I believe at times we get so caught up in the meat that we need people like you that reminds us of the milk. It's a shame many churches don't even preach salvation as they want to scare you into accepting Jesus and this is why so many run from Him instead of coming to Him.

God bless the purity of your heart Sis :hug

You're more familiar than you think you are with scripture as you already have the milk and now proceeding to be fed the meat. I believe at times we get so caught up in the meat that we need people like you that reminds us of the milk. It's a shame many churches don't even preach salvation as they want to scare you into accepting Jesus and this is why so many run from Him instead of coming to Him.

God bless the purity of your heart Sis :hug

Well, I don't know what you mean by meat and milk but thank you very much. Love ya sis! :hug

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back