Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Under Law? Under Grace, or both?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Incorrect.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

JLB

You're good at quoting your favorite passages, yet you appear to lack understanding.

Romans 6:3-10
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Death indeed has made me free from the law of sin and death. You first have to reckon yourself as dead, being freed from the law of sin before you can know the law of the Spirit of Life. Just as Romans 6 proceeds Romans 8.

You're good at quoting your favorite passages, yet you appear to lack understanding.

Romans 6:3-10
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Death indeed has made me free from the law of sin and death. You first have to reckon yourself as dead, being freed from the law of sin before you can know the law of the Spirit of Life. Just as Romans 6 proceeds Romans 8.

The Spirit of Life has made you free from the law of sin and death.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

The Spirit continues to keep us free as we live our lives in obedience to His leading; leading us to crucify the lustful cravings of our flesh and thus putting to death it’s sinful deeds.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

JLB

Last edited:
The Spirit of Life has made you free from the law of sin and death.

For me, I know that Death hath set me free.

Romans 6:7
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

The Spirit continues to keep us free as we live our lives in obedience to His leading; leading us to crucify the lustful cravings of our flesh and thus putting to death it’s sinful deeds.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

You keep repeating the same scripture, but to what end? Did you just ignore the scriptures I posted? Or can you only see the ones you post?

There is a problem with your repetition. I don't believe you. It's not that I don't believe what the scriptures say, I do; but rather I don't actually believe that you are freed from sin. Do you still bring your sins before the cross? If you do, then are you not still a servant of sin?

For me, I know that Death hath set me free.

Romans 6:7
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Romans 6:5-12

Here is what verse 7 says…

• For he who has died has been freed from sin.

We know this is true of Christ, because Christ did in fact die, and has in fact been raised from the dead, therefore death no longer has dominion over Him.

• Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.

Have you literally physically died yet?

Have you literally be resurrected from the dead, in which you have a body that dies no more?

If you have been baptized in water, then you have figuratively been united with Him in the “likeness” of His death.

• if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,

In this life our physical body contains sin, and it desires to gratify it’s sinful cravings, and make you it’s slave. The Holy Spirit desires to lead in the way of righteousness, while your flesh, your physical body desires to fulfill it’s lustful cravings; the works of the flesh.

We must “put to death” these deeds of the body, by the Spirit within us.

This is what each of us are called to do; be led by the Spirit, to walk according to the Spirit, rather than walk according to the flesh.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:12-14

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

JLB

For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Romans 6:5-12

Here is what verse 7 says…

• For he who has died has been freed from sin.

We know this is true of Christ, because Christ did in fact die, and has in fact been raised from the dead, therefore death no longer has dominion over Him.

• Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.

Have you literally physically died yet?

Have you literally be resurrected from the dead, in which you have a body that dies no more?

If you have been baptized in water, then you have figuratively been united with Him in the “likeness” of His death.

• if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,

In this life our physical body contains sin, and it desires to gratify it’s sinful cravings, and make you it’s slave. The Holy Spirit desires to lead in the way of righteousness, while your flesh, your physical body desires to fulfill it’s lustful cravings; the works of the flesh.

We must “put to death” these deeds of the body, by the Spirit within us.

This is what each of us are called to do; be led by the Spirit, to walk according to the Spirit, rather than walk according to the flesh.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:12-14

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

JLB

Do you still bring your sins before the cross?

Do you still bring your sins before the cross?

If I sin, I confess my sin and He is faithful to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

JLB

Key Points of Romans 6
Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death
... because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives?
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness

We belong to Christ and our under Him
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead,

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Christ Jesus in whom we live.
Remain in me, as I also remain in you.
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

And Paul stated this before Felix
However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

My conclusion is as long as I am in Christ and united to Him I have been baptized into His death and set free from the curse of the law (Death), which Jesus fulfilled for me. So in Christ there is no sin. Apart from Christ is death from the wages of sin.

I am not under the authority of the law because in Christ I have died to the flesh. So Paul states we are under grace. I like to state I am under Christ and has stated to some He forgave and healed go and sin no more or leave your life of sin.

The importance is not found in works of the law but in faith expressing itself through love.

I am neither Kosher nor do I keep a Sabbath day as in the law. (Absence of work) -that does not bother my conscience before God in the least. Nor has My Lord rebuked me in that regard and He has communicated to me on occasion via the Spirit to my spirit. Nor do we read of Paul rebuking the churches in his letters reminding the saints over and over to keep those commandments. Its just not found.

I do hold to these commandments and violating them would bother my conscience greatly before God. I fear God and I know nothing is hidden from Him.

You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

So like Paul I see all the law as law. I use the NT as a guide to which commandments need to be kept in order that it won't lead to my death.

So like Paul I see all the law as law. I use the NT as a guide to which commandments need to be kept in order that it won't lead to my death.

Yes sir, His commandments are written on our heart and mind, in which the Spirit (grace) empowers us to obey Him, rather than the sinful desires of our flesh.

JLB

If I sin, I confess my sin and He is faithful to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

JLB

Let me rephrase my question...

Do you still require a sacrifice for your sins?

Back