Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Unrepentant Adulterers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You know the Scriptures, good.

Matthew 5:17
New Living Translation (©2007)
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

Galatians 3:10
New Living Translation (©2007)
But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law."

I know those scriptures. I'm just not sure why you're presenting them to me.

All scripture is for us. The problem is that many misconstrue it.

2 Timothy 3:16 NLT
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

The New Testament had not yet been compiled at the time the above epistle was written. What you are implying is that the author of 2 Timothy 3:16 is referring to HIS OWN epistle as being God-inspired, etc. Scripture, as referred to in the above epistle, was the Torah ...NOT the as yet unheard of NT.

The New Testament had not yet been compiled at the time the above epistle was written. What you are implying is that the author of 2 Timothy 3:16 is referring to HIS OWN epistle as being God-inspired, etc. Scripture, as referred to in the above epistle, was the Torah ...NOT the as yet unheard of NT.

Ahh, another bit of your schtick.

Scripture before the NT compilation and after, is all inspired by God and alive with power to teach us, correct us, and point us in the right direction---to God, and His ways.

Ahh, another bit of your schtick.

Scripture before the NT compilation and after, is all inspired by God and alive with power to teach us, correct us, and point us in the right direction---to God, and His ways.

That's just your take and makes not a shred of difference to what I said. Nothing to do with schtick but the common sense facts. Any reference to scripture given in the NT is in regard to the Torah.

That's just your take and makes not a shred of difference to what I said. Nothing to do with schtick but the common sense facts. Any reference to scripture given in the NT is in regard to the Torah.
2 Pet 3:15-18, "15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." (ESV)

Peter sure thinks Paul's writings are authoritative. There is reason to believe each of the Apostles thought the others' writings were authoritative, on the same level as the OT writings.

Then by all means, feel free to choose to ignore any scripture as God-breathed and relevant to you.

2 Pet 3:15-18, "15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." (ESV)

Peter sure thinks Paul's writings are authoritative. There is reason to believe each of the Apostles thought the others' writings were authoritative, on the same level as the OT writings.

Absolutely.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

The scriptures are a whole, complete, unit, The scriptures are God's Word. I would think we should give equal value to all scripture. They fit together until we mess 'em up.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Forgiveness -

Another question as long as you're in the 'answering' mode ...can one repeatedly repent of the same sin or are they required to give up each sin each time they repent of that particular sin?

If they don't "give it up" - then there was no repentance to begin with. But being HUMAN, one can "Fall again" in the same way. YOU do, and so do I. re: Mat 18:

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

I doubt if the Lord meant "490" - chances are he meant "Just KEEP forgiving as long as it takes". I have a child that I've been "forgiving" for almost 40 years. It's a parent's job (and nightmare).

Next??

Last edited by a moderator:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. -Revelation 22:14-15

End of story. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either ignorant of the scriptures, a liar, or one who calls God a liar. Or that Paul lied to the Corinthians or that John is a liar when he wrote to the seven Churches of Anatolia.

Last edited by a moderator:
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? -Hebrews 10:26-29

Romans 1:28-32

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Psalm 51:17

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise

Without repentance, there is no salvation.

Messiah was prepared to spit the Church of Laodicea out of his mouth except they repent. What makes you think the common adulterer is any different?

How do you discribe an unrepentant adulter?

My guess who be a person who is in a second marriage not widowed.

Deu 24:1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
Deu 24:2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
Deu 24:3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Deu 24:4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Thank you Lord for Your mercy and grace Your forgivness.

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

How do you discribe an unrepentant adulter?

My guess who be a person who is in a second marriage not widowed.

Deu 24:1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
Deu 24:2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
Deu 24:3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Deu 24:4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Thank you Lord for Your mercy and grace Your forgivness.

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Not necessarily. I used to think this too. If you recall, King David remained with Bathsheba beyond the death of Uriah and David and Bathsheba's firstborn. In fact, God gave David Solomon through Bathsheba after the first child died.

Granted that technically, Uriah being dead loosed him from the sin of adultery by virtue of Bathshebas husband being deceased, but once a man marries a woman, that pretty much seems to be mitigated in the going forth of in terms of sin. It is a big big sin and one that is just stuck in place. An unrepentant adulterer is probably someone who constantly fornicates despite the spouse --including that of the heart. God have mercy on us.

God hates a proud look and a lying tongue...God hates sin. Whatsoever is not faith is sin.
Prov. 6:16-19 said:
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

So what of an unrepentant liar? What if a man dies without confessing his sin? The sin of adultery is among the many sexual sins...even worse because believers are the temple of the Holy Ghost. But...Jesus died for all our sins. When we don't confess our sins, we are out of fellowship with the Lord, and this state can go on for years.

There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus.

So someone seems to be an unrepentant adulterer...if that person is born of God, we can be assured that Christ lives to make intercession for him and will complete what He has begun.
Hebrews 7:25 said:
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Is God not able to bring his children to repentance? Is HE not the author and finisher of our faith?
Ephesians 2:10 said:
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God. So I'm persuaded that a true son of God will eventually repent...perhaps not according to our timetable, but we know that He is more than up to the task of sanctification.
Romans 8:38-39 said:
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God hates a proud look and a lying tongue...God hates sin. Whatsoever is not faith is sin.

So what of an unrepentant liar? What if a man dies without confessing his sin? The sin of adultery is among the many sexual sins...even worse because believers are the temple of the Holy Ghost. But...Jesus died for all our sins. When we don't confess our sins, we are out of fellowship with the Lord, and this state can go on for years.

So someone seems to be an unrepentant adulterer...if that person is born of God, we can be assured that Christ lives to make intercession for him and will complete what He has begun.
Is God not able to bring his children to repentance? Is HE not the author and finisher of our faith?

Nothing can separate us from the love of God. So I'm persuaded that a true son of God will eventually repent...perhaps not according to our timetable, but we know that He is more than up to the task of sanctification.

Exactly! :thumbsup

So are you saying that once someone is saved they are always saved??? that it is impossible to fall??

i believe there is a big difference from sinning and living a life of sin....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back