Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Update:

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am so overwhelmed with emotions...
She is so beautiful dear Sister @dianecook. Has the concept of the future sixteen years of your life being dedicated to babysitting horrified you yet. After sixteen years of age most are so far more intelligent than us they sprout wings and fly to those that can indulge their superior human attributes.

May God richly bless you and your family in these days to be in His perfect will in Jesus' name. :wave2

She is so beautiful dear Sister @dianecook. Has the concept of the future sixteen years of your life being dedicated to babysitting horrified you yet. After sixteen years of age most are so far more intelligent than us they sprout wings and fly to those that can indulge their superior human attributes.

May God richly bless you and your family in these days to be in His perfect will in Jesus' name. :wave2
Thanks Eugene..
I am overwhelmed with emotions because :
I had no sleep for about 30 hours..
I watched my daughter struggle having her..
She pushed about 5 hours, while throwing up and in pain..
Her pelvic was too small, ended up having a c section...
Also the babies head was slightly turned, so during all her pain, they were putting their hands in her trying to turn the baby which really caused more pain..
So my emotions of concern turned to the emotion of joy, when I seen that both were ok, coming out of the O.R, my daughter was literally shining with joy, that a mother could only understand.
Lol, guess you didn't want all those details..

I understand about the intelligence of these kids now, lol.
I couldn't help my own kids with their homework beyond the 7th grade..
They taught me, lol.
All I can offer her is my love and good food..
And ask God for her protection..

Again Thanks..

Thanks Roro
My first grandchild.
I started late, lol, I had my first child, my son, when I was 31..
I had my first at 30 and forth at 36, well I say me my wife had them but I did have some input.

Congrats on the birth of your first grandchild, I'm sure you will be a wonderful grandparent. Will you be grandma, granny or nana?

Father we do thank you for safe arrival of your daughter, we lift the whole family up to you. We pray for rest, and we pray that your daughter will come to know you, we pray for wisdom for those that you have given her to, to look after. To teach, instruct and walk in your ways.

I'm so pleased for you all.

God bless ya

Bill

Congrats grandma. I waited a long time to be a grandpa of now, 3 grandsons. Needless to say the female contingents of the family are waiting for this to balance out with some grand daughters. And so am I, of course! They do change our lives dramatically toward the good. What joy, to be able to play with them and spoil them rotten, and then send them home.

Congrats grandma. I waited a long time to be a grandpa of now, 3 grandsons. Needless to say the female contingents of the family are waiting for this to balance out with some grand daughters. And so am I, of course! They do change our lives dramatically toward the good. What joy, to be able to play with them and spoil them rotten, and then send them home.
So they are hyper. I remember the times when grandma and grandad looked after our kids, when they came home they were like monkeys on speed or squirrels on caffeine.

Turns out grandad used to take them down the side of the river with a pack of sweets with pop and they would sit there and eat and drink stuff full of additives.

So they are hyper. I remember the times when grandma and grandad looked after our kids, when they came home they were like monkeys on speed or squirrels on caffeine.

Turns out grandad used to take them down the side of the river with a pack of sweets with pop and they would sit there and eat and drink stuff full of additives.

I can not force the word no out of my mouth with the grandsons. It just doesn't want to come out. Although I do not give them candy or pop, but healthy alternatives, which we enjoy together. And yes, both grandpa and grandsons can get wound up, even with, oh, say coconut or cashew milk ice cream, like the "salted carmel" variety that we love. Or too much organic fruit juice, etc. Still better than pop and candy and it's not going to hurt them a'tall.

My own grandparents used to give me Pepsi/Coke and candy, by comparisons, but even those were probably less harmful back in the day. Today it's not even a question. They are not in the house to be had.

Grandpa does like to provide obnoxiously loud toys though. They are particularly fun to send home.

I had my first at 30 and forth at 36, well I say me my wife had them but I did have some input.

Congrats on the birth of your first grandchild, I'm sure you will be a wonderful grandparent. Will you be grandma, granny or nana?

Father we do thank you for safe arrival of your daughter, we lift the whole family up to you. We pray for rest, and we pray that your daughter will come to know you, we pray for wisdom for those that you have given her to, to look after. To teach, instruct and walk in your ways.

I'm so pleased for you all.

God bless ya

Bill
Thanks for your prayers, they mean a lot to me..
I don't know what I will be called, lol, guess I will leave it up to her.
Again Thanks..

Hi Smaller
Amen to that, she was being spoiled before she was born..
Yes, same with my family...
My Mom had 4 girls and 1 boy
She had 3 grandsons and 1 grand daughter, my daughter..
Guess it balances out somehow.
Thanks for your congrats!

Back