Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Urgent Prayer Needed Now

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

I'm currently chatting via text with one of Viola's closest friends. She just had a fight with her mom and told Viola that she's in the habit of cutting herself when things get bad and that she wanted to walk outside in front of traffic.

Just pray that I can help sort out what is just anger and hurt speaking from what might be a serious problem that will need further attention.

Thanks.

I'm currently chatting via text with one of Viola's closest friends. She just had a fight with her mom and told Viola that she's in the habit of cutting herself when things get bad and that she wanted to walk outside in front of traffic.

Just pray that I can help sort out what is just anger and hurt speaking from what might be a serious problem that will need further attention.

Thanks.
:olord i dont know where to start here but you do.

Wow, Dora.

I pray you say the things that need to be said and ask the questions that need to be asked. God bless you for willingly being used at this time.

Thanks for the prayers ...

She is feeling better now. She is going to come over tomorrow after school, just for some girl time with Viola and also to follow up with me.

Here's where it's sticky for me...I know her mom quite well and I know her mom needs to know about this...that I do know...

But, how to go about this, getting her to confide in her mom, or at least getting her mom the information...without causing more hurt and damage.

So, I will really appreciate your prayers. I feel confident that there is time to allow her to speak to her mom...and she's already told me that she is going to go see the school counselor...but, it's just hard to "sit" on information like this...I'll feel much better when I can talk to her mom...but it really needs to be God's timing, because I want things to be better between them, not worse. I know that timing is not right now...perhaps after talking with the girl tomorrow, it can be then...

Meanwhile, if folks can pray for this little family...it's just the mom and her daughter. The mom is a single parent, never married and the "father" is completely out of the picture having abandoned her the moment he found out she was pregnant. Her folks help her out, as does her brother, but nonetheless, the burden of being mom, dad, bread-winner, etc. etc. falls on her. Add to that a drama queen of a teenage daughter (I have one myself) and the fact that she is trying to get the house she just purchased ready to live in by doing much of the repair work after her work hours...it's no wonder the stress level is through the roof.

Also, they are both Mormon. Very devout and she truly does love God, but with all the Mormon baggage, which can also be burdensome. I don't think the Mormon church has a good handle on "It was for freedom that Christ set us free".

Getting ready to head on down to town and I will be talking with the young lady this afternoon.

My daughter offered to go with her to the school counselor's office today as well.

My main concern is how to either get the girl to talk with her mom, or know the right timing to talk with her mom myself. I don't think the school counselor is allowed to, so it will either have to come from the girl herself or me. :sad

Praises to God...I so appreciate the fact that we have a Father who hears His people....

The girls were gone when I go to the house here in town. As I was waiting for them, the mom showed up. The school counselor had already called her, so she brought up the whole subject up with me. We were able to have a good talk, and she will now talk things over with her daughter without anger or frustration.

I think this is all worked out. :pray Thank You, Lord!

And thanks for all who upheld this situation in prayer.

Praising God with you that He hears our prayers, and asking, believing in Jesus name, that He will continue to work out this situation.

I asked the lord to help this situation for you as soon as I read your post.

Wow, that's tough. Praying that this young soul can know the power of the Lord and heal her of those destructive urges.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back