Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

vaccines

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't know here, maybe I'm going to show how young I am so maybe someone older can correct me but wasn't abortion illegal in the 60's? I mean Roe Vs Wade was 1973 and as far as I know before that most abortions were done in a back alley with a coat hanger, not the type of abortion that would produce fetal tissue for use in medical research. If I'm correct then the article that Lovely posted would actually confirm what Peace4All said about it not being actual babies that were aborted because they were not wanted but babies that were miscarriages. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, I wasn't even born when Roe Vs. Wade went throught the courts so I wouldn't remember anything about the 60's :lol:

Hi everyone,

CDC article quoted:
CDC is aware that some, but not all, vaccines are made from human cell-line cultures, and some of these cell lines originated from aborted fetal tissue, obtained from legal abortions in the 1960's.

I think the lines are so unclear, we just can't sort it out. It says that some are made from these cultures, and that only some of the cell lines orginated from aborted babies...legal in the 1960's. I think the Center for Disease Control is pretty reliable, and when I read some of the ingredients of individual vaccines, they tell you if they are made from human diploid cells or not, but they do not tell you where they came from. I imagine the CDC specifically wrote this document to let the public know, since they do not manufacture them, that they consider it safe. I suppose they clone them from these lines.

CDC excerpt
No new fetal tissue is needed to produce cell lines to make these vaccines, now or in the future. Fetal tissue is not used to produce vaccines; cell lines generated from a single fetal tissue source are used--vaccine manufacturers obtain human cell lines from FDA-certified cell banks.

I suppose if you could find out which cell bank a certain manufacturer uses, then you could try and find out if the cell lines were obtained in a moral way. I don't know. I hope you find a way to resolve this issue for your family, Paisely. The Lord bless you.

because abortions were ilelgal in teh 60's, a legal abortion meant a miscairage (i believe-99% positive with the sites I have read)) since back then, at that time, that is what miscairages were called.

I do agree that now, if you told someone they "aborted" their baby, they would think of it negativley, although it is honestly what the word means.

Its like, Calling me a Fool. Although, biblicly speaking, I am a fool. It isn't a very kind thing to say to someone.

I don't know all the medical laws but I think back then it was illegal to have an abortion just because one did not want the baby. However, if a doctor suggested an abortion for medical or mental reasons it was permitted. I say this because I was born in the 60's, but my mother's doctor suggested that she have an abortion with me for medical reasons. She declined, but this was not some under the table, secretive thing he was suggesting. My grandmother was also a nurse in the 40's, 50's and 60's and she talked about how the doctors would sometimes perform abortions so I think it was probably legal for serious medical conditions rather than for "choice". The legality for choice came later, I think.
I think if it were a miscarriage, knowing how inflammatory this topic can be, I think that would be clearly distinguished in the reputable sources. Also in the link peace4all gave it said, "Both fetuses were intentionally aborted". A miscarriage is normally not intentional. However, if 2 mothers were carrying diseased babies in their wombs and the doctor suggested it would be best to abort them for medical reasons, I think it would have been legal to perform an abortion, and again I think live cells were needed rather than dead cells from a miscarried baby.

peace4all, I was not suggesting you are a fool. You obviously think things out and I appreciate a lot of your comments. However, I did feel you were a little careless in your terminology, because you went from saying an abortion to miscarriage as though they were the same thing, and I did not know if you fully understood how a woman who has miscarried might perceive those words despite the fact that you are technically correct. As a sister to a brother in Christ, I just wanted to make that aware to you lest you make that mistake with a woman in your daily life. Please don't take my comments so hard because they were not intended to be condescending or harsh.

srry paisley, I was not saying you called me a fool. I was just using it as an example from previous discussions on this forum. :-P

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back