Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Verse help please

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JaneH

Hi, I’m looking for a verse and can’t seem to find it. It’s something about the Lord will forget our sins as “far as the east is from the west” if we confess and repent — or something to that effect. I’ve tried searching on “east” and “west” with no success. Can anyone help please/

The question came up in our home group in response to reading Romans 2, where Paul was explaining about Judgement Day. The basic question is what kind of judgement is it, if our sins are forgiven and -- according to Psalm 103 -- wiped away? I'm not exactly sure myself, but I think that it's judgement according to how we've lived following our acceptance of Christ. It's probably more complicated than that, but .....?

my understanding is that -genuine Christians- (think Matthew 7:21-23) are judged in the sense that rewards can be given or withheld, depending on one's life choices and God's decree (of course), but...

unbelievers are simply punished, because they do not have Jesus' atonement to cover their sins.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back