Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Water Found on Mercury!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well, that's fair play...

Mercury found in Water...
http://people.uwec.edu/piercech/hg/mercury_water/drinkingwater.htm (WFTH-I)

I wonder, though, how the evolutionists are spinning this little discovery.

Evolutionary theory isn't about conditions on other planets. So, not much. But Sagan speculated that water might exist here and there on Mercury, which is a lot cooler than Venus, after all.

People will always have their own interpretation of "findings."

Yeah, that was a new one. I think some people think "evolution" is a synonym for "science."

It just describes the way populations change over time; it's not about conditions on other planets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought water on Mercury was old news.
In any case it's not anything that would conflict with scripture.
Hebrews 1:1-3
1 Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. 3 He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Colossians 1:16
for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.

Besides, I don't see Evolution being in conflict with God if one believes God creates everything he would certainly be credited with insuring everything survives or perishes by his will, without his having to have his finger on the button the whole time.

I thought water on Mercury was old news.
In any case it's not anything that would conflict with scripture.
Hebrews 1:1-3
1 Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. 3 He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Colossians 1:16
for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.

Besides, I don't see Evolution being in conflict with God if one believes God creates everything he would certainly be credited with insuring everything survives or perishes by his will, without his having to have his finger on the button the whole time.

I agree.

The Christians foolishly oppose science as if God is negated because we understand His natural laws, the "tools" by which all things are accomplished.
They magnify their foolishness when they ignore the power in the Bible that recognizes Genesis to be describes exactly the same cosmic evolution.
They misread and misinterpret the step by step description of the History of the Earth in a set of seven durations only recently acknowledged by our own geologists:

Eraclock.jpg

Interesting read: http://creationrevolution.com/2012/12/ice-found-on-mercury-confirms-creation-prediction/

I wonder, though, how the evolutionists are spinning this little discovery. People will always have their own interpretation of "findings."
Um, predicting something that is also predicted by most other cosmologists on the basis of scientific evidence scarcely counts as an earth-shaking prophecy, unless you can show us of course that most other cosmologists had a quote different view of the likelihood of water molecules being common in non-terrestrial environments.

Not sure what this has to do with evolution, but water on other planets is kind of obvious, isn't it?

I'd say it was a good guess.

The point of bringing up the evolutionist view is they believe where you find water you will find the "building blocks" of life, which means they would then start looking around for life on Mercury since water was found there.

I'm pretty sure that the building blocks of life exist regardless of water, which is just a medium.

Hydrogen cyanide, methane and phosporous are potential candidates in which life could emerge.

But, yes, if we could, we would investigate Mercury for life, like we are doing with Mars right now.

I feel that the purpose of this thread was to rub the noses of people who acknowledge evolution theory as the means of species diversity.

The conversation really has no bearing on evolution theory, however.

The discussion should focus on abiogenesis. Either way, it really does nothing to damage the viewpoint of those who acknowledge the theory of evolution as being the best explanation for speciation. There is really nothing to spin.

Water on Mercury is fascinating. I wouldn't be surprised to learn there was once life there. However, I would hope that we spend some time learning how to deal with life on this planet before we go looking elsewhere. There's a certain level of prioritizing that needs to be done in our culture.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back