Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] We have to confront the legacy of colonalism and racism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MerciG777

2024 Supporter
The whitening of Christ needs to be addressed even though it is of thr past needs to be address sincr Jesus of Middle Eastern origin. Many seem to lack knowledge in this.

Colonizers were evil and masked themselves with Christianity/Cathocalism caused mass deception influencing generations, this legacy still has influence in politics, finances, generational trauma affecting many mental health, and of coutse some natives knew no better and went on to practise the same poor treatment of the Colonalism towards their own.

Rarely have churches(majority European/North America) I have been to address these issues but rather just state the negative impacts.

We are all humans and no one should self condemn as that is not the Will of God for I believe.

Remember Ruths Ancestors Moabities who were shameful and dishonoured God did not define Ruth she was graceful and honoured with the Blessing of the Most High.

Colonizers were evil and masked themselves with Christianity
That is a broad blanket with which to blacken a period of history.
Can you substantiate this charge.

I'm not denying that many cruel and evil deeds were done, but you are denying that good did come through colonisation.

Would.d you really want the Aztec empire to be still practicing human sacrifices and waring war to obtain the sacrifices.
Do you approve of ' sati ' were indian widows threw themselves on their husbands pyre?

Science is good if it keeps itself bo`wed down under the Word of God: but when it begins to think and speak above that which is written, then it is no more good; rather it is then evil.

That is a broad blanket with which to blacken a period of history.
Can you substantiate this charge.

I'm not denying that many cruel and evil deeds were done, but you are denying that good did come through colonisation.

Would.d you really want the Aztec empire to be still practicing human sacrifices and waring war to obtain the sacrifices.
Do you approve of ' sati ' were indian widows threw themselves on their husbands pyre?
I didn't say anything about Aztrc practises being good.

The behaviour that was inflicted on the Natives was savage type as much as the occultic prsctise of the natives.

Two wrongs do not make a right. Repaying evil with evil isn't good.

These practise have helped many turn from their faith on God. Which is pure wickedness.

I will do some bible studying to find the verse. But I believe Christ dislikes Wolves in sheeps clothing let alone those who use his world to manipulate the masses.

I find it sad that you response was to suggest that good came from colonalism.

The colonalism from the West was not good, it was in fact Backwards. The fact that the natives regained amd found their faith was a great miracle and just how powerful Gods love is.

Science is good if it keeps itself bo`wed down under the Word of God: but when it begins to think and speak above that which is written, then it is no more good; rather it is then evil.
Was this in response of my topic. I should possibly find another catergory.

@hawkman why do you ask?
Because you said this .
Rarely have churches(majority European/North America) I have been to address these issues but rather just state the negative impacts.
And I was curious to which denomination(s) that you had attended since all denominations do not say the same thing .
If I were in Brussels this is the church I would go to :) .
The New Jerusalem Hasselt is a branch of The New Jerusalem - The Church of God in Belgium.

I'm not quite understanding what you are saying here, MerciG777. What are you suggesting needs to be done and by whom?

I'm not quite understanding what you are saying here, MerciG777. What are you suggesting needs to be done and by whom?
We all should address these issues.

Sometimes European missionaries go to third world countries that habe been poorly effected as result of colonalism and abusive teachings.

There are attitudes that still take place in the church.

I don't have all the answers but it cannot be an elephant in the room. There were racist attitudes by the headship against mexicans. Maybe some members should call them out and stand up for those who can't

Are we not called to stand for injustice? Where we can.

Why have we become comfortablr
What injustice are you talking about? So far, you seem to have been speaking of general things. I would like you to be more specific. That might help me better understand.

The behaviour that was inflicted on the Natives was savage type as much as the occultic prsctise of the natives.

These practise have helped many turn from their faith on God. Which is pure wickedness.

I will do some bible studying to find the verse. But I believe Christ dislikes Wolves in sheeps clothing let alone those who use his world to manipulate the masses.

I find it sad that you response was to suggest that good came from colonalism.

The colonalism from the West was not good, it was in fact Backwards. The fact that the natives regained amd found their faith was a great miracle and just how powerful Gods love is.
they worshipped idols, and not God. They worshipped demon spirits

And so did the Catholics that abused them.

I am already aware of that. How about we right wrongs of attitude.

They worship idols (celebrities) in the west today. Does that mean they should abused and tortured, no.

There was also witchcraft in the West too and the USA practise human sacrificd lynchings and killing, while practising sodomy and rape of forced labourers and natives while posing as righetous christians.

So did the colonisers that came to use greed and forced labour through torture and cruelty.

They aren't the only ones as humans groups throughout history to colonise and enslave but using the bible is blasphemous and the legacy has cause resement.

Also the rulers of that time who were in control were rumoured to practise in occult too.

to be clear the natives colonised got what their ancestors and they created. They won't exactly inmocent. Their descendents had to paid the price. Which is an imoortant lesson.

Again I believe that Crrator ignored the natives because they became stiff knecked just like the Israelites in the old testaments. They aren't innocent and in fact made their bed ans ha

Last edited by a moderator:
And so did the Catholics that abused them.

I am already aware of that. How about we right wrongs of attitude.

They worship idols (celebrities) in the west today. Does that mean they should abused and tortured, no.

There was also witchcraft in the West too and the USA practise human sacrificd lynchings and killing, while practising sodomy and rape of forced labourers and natives while posing as righetous christians.
Are you talking about the history of the United States, Canada, and Central America when the Europeans came and colonized the areas? Is this what you're talking about or am I still not understanding?

In criticising those who stopped there practices you are in effect approving of those practices.

Yes two wrongs don't make a right and a blanket condemnation of Christianity is wrong.

You should also be aware that the commercial interests In colonial countries where never keen on having Christian missionaries in there areas because of there support for the rights of the indigenous people and there protests at the abuse of them.

Back