Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] We have to confront the legacy of colonalism and racism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In criticising those who stopped there practices you are in effect approving of those practices.
No I am not. You are free however to have your views.
Yes two wrongs don't make a right and a blanket condemnation of Christianity is wrong.
I have every to critize evil people masking themselves are Christianity to manipulate and personal gain.

Have you seen my video shared or the nuns and popes abusing natives and using scriptures, that native women was sexually assaulted. That is not Christianity. That is satanic behaviour.

This has caused future generations to turn away because that is what was reprrdented towards them.

I am not condemning Christians. Wolve is not a Christian. Anyone can read the bible.
You should also be aware that the commercial interests In colonial countries where never keen on having Christian missionaries in there areas because of there support for the rights of the indigenous people and there protests at the abuse of them.
Yes that is good again that erase damage done.

But I will let God be the judge

And so did the Catholics that abused them.

I am already aware of that. How about we right wrongs of attitude.

They worship idols (celebrities) in the west today. Does that mean they should abused and tortured, no.

There was also witchcraft in the West too and the USA practise human sacrificd lynchings and killing, while practising sodomy and rape of forced labourers and natives while posing as righetous christians.
Hello Friend,
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

No one escapes God's judgment.

So did the colonisers that came to use greed and forced labour through torture and cruelty.

They aren't the only ones as humans groups throughout history to colonise and enslave but using the bible is blasphemous and the legacy has cause resement.

Also the rulers of that time who were in control were rumoured to practise in occult too.
As I just posted....we are to watch ourselves and our conduct, I cannot go back and answer for each individual situation. You make a point, but it cannot be one size fits all.Those who lived this way have already gone on to their judgment.

I have every to critize evil people masking themselves are Christianity to manipulate and personal gain
You have the right to critics and condem those who manipulate etc, but you do not have the right to critics and condemn those who are not doing that.
By your blanket condemnation of All Christians you are falsely accusing those who you have no right to condem.
I am not condemning Christians. Wolve is not a Christian
Yet that is what you are doing.

Did I watch your video of Rcc abuse, no, I don't consider the rcc to be Christian.

You have the right to critics and condem those who manipulate etc, but you do not have the right to critics and condemn those who are not doing that.
By your blanket condemnation of All Christians you are falsely accusing those who you have no right to condem.

Yet that is what you are doing.

Did I watch your video of Rcc abuse, no, I don't consider the rcc to be Christian.
It is okay, peace ans and blessimgs ❤

Sometimes European missionaries go to third world countries that habe been poorly effected as result of colonalism and abusive teachings.

There are attitudes that still take place in the church.

Interesting piece, Merci. And you are probably right. Tribes like this one may have learned that accepting Westerners to their island would not be good for them if they wanted to preserve their own culture, so that is why they are still unreachable.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

It is okay, peace ans and blessimgs ❤
No it is not okay.
You have made unsubstantiated accusations and think you can just walk away when shown how wrong you are.
You should repent of spreading what are lies and actually investigate what happened in the colonies.

No it is not okay.
You have made unsubstantiated accusations and think you can just walk away when shown how wrong you are.
You should repent of spreading what are lies and actually investigate what happened in the colonies.
No you don't tell me when or what I can do.

I can absolutey walk away as I am not getting somewhere.

The fact some defend actions of evil people masked as Christians is troublesome.

And no I am not wrong, when a spouse abused their partner in martiage be it phsyically, emotionally, or finacially that is a sin and going against God. Some have pevertef the word of God to attempt to justify when it reality it os wickedness.

Peverting the world of God for greedand free labour and practisomg cruetly is not christ like or Godly.

So yes I can. You are to free carry on as you wish. I am not going back and forth

Hi MerciG777
Have you seen my video shared or the nuns and popes abusing natives and using scriptures, that native women was sexually assaulted. That is not Christianity. That is satanic behaviour.
I know the fellowship that I worship with teaches that we are all sinners. Not only those who are born again among us, but also those among us who are not so born. Because we are all sinners, and not all born again repentant sinners, there is sin even among the fellowship of the church on the earth. Yes, we should speak out about such abuses and, whenever it is within our power, do what we can to put a stop to such abuses. But just because you have some video that shows a group of nuns abusing natives using Scripture, doesn't mean that the process is all flawed. Personally, having the measure of faith that I have today, i would expect such abuses from a Catholic organization. That particular branch of the practice of the christian faith, has long had problems with forcing God's authority on the people and wielding what they believe to be God's authority as a weapon of pain, suffering and murder.

True story. Friend of mine had fairly rough marital relations throughout her life. She had two sons who were born when she was living with a man for many, many years, but had never 'officially' married. The Catholic organization refused to baptize her sons because they were, in the eyes of the Catholic organization, bastard children. Not worthy of God's mercy and grace. So yea! You want to talk about some pretty serious wrong application of Scriptural truths?

True story. My father was married to my mother for 25 years and there were four children from the marriage and two were grown and gone from home and the other two, one died and the other was probably 7-8 when my father fell enamored with his secretary. It was, as I have now been told, a fairly regular event that he would be looking for some satisfaction outside of his marriage. Anyway, the young (my age) secretary was a devout Catholic. She refused to marry my father unless it could be done within the church.

Now, I digress, but it makes me laugh to think that this woman must have thought that having an affair with a married man was all fine and dandy so long as if they were to get married it would be only with the Catholic organization's approval.

So, my parents get divorced and over the next couple of years my father works through whatever the channels are to have the 25 year marriage annulled. Really!?!?!?! Of course, my grandfather, who married my mother and father was a devout teacher of the truth of God's word and a fully ordained minister all of his life. But apparently that doesn't count as a 'valid' form of marriage within the Catholic organization. Anyway, they issued a decree of annulment, or however that works, and my father and his devout Catholic girlfriend got married.

So yea, I would not be surprised that you have some evidence that a Catholic organization would twist the Scriptures. And before everyone jumps in with their random stories about groups from other denominations practicing some sinfulness...I get it! We're all sinners. I'm merely pointing out an issue of preponderance. That these things are more likely under the auspices of an organization that has, as far as I understand them, a pretty warped understanding of what the Scriptures tell us.

So, for me, let's set aside any big confrontation with colonialism and racism among those who are born again. Let's understand that we live in a sin cursed world and such issues with sinful living have been a part of human life now for about 6,000 years. Let's try rather, to do what Jesus asked us to do. Go out and tell everyone who will listen the good news of God's salvation offered through His Son. For those who will believe, let's baptize them. Then take them into the fellowship of believers and teach them all that Jesus has taught us.

God bless,
Ted

Back