Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Welcome Home: Your Journey Is Just Beginning

hldude

YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Welcome Home: Your Journey Is Just Beginning”
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NLT
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.

1 week ago Friday, we took my oldest daughter to move into her college dorm and spent the day doing various things. While in the dining hall for lunch, I noticed a tv on the wall with this saying, “Welcome Home: Your Journey Is Just Beginning”. This definitely stirred the emotions that were already inside of me as I knew this was now her new home. I sat there, very excited for her, but very sad that she was now going to be on her own and out of the home.

As I thought about this phrase, it gave me a sense of peace knowing that she is in good hands and will be well taken care of at this college. Her next journey of life and her new home is just beginning. It makes me think of different journeys we have throughout life.

When we start dating someone, our new journey is just beginning. When we get married, our new journey is just beginning. When we have our first child, our journey is just beginning. When we graduate high school and move to college, our journey is just beginning. When we start a new job, our journey is just beginning.

We start a lot of new journeys in life and they can bring on many mixed feelings. We’re excited, nervous, terrified, full of anxiety, etc. We have all been filled with mixed feelings when starting something new.

As we walked off campus Friday night and left my daughter there, I kept thinking about her new journey and all the wonderful life experiences she will have in the coming days, weeks, months and years. I felt very happy for her, but I also felt very emotional leaving as our journey was just beginning coming home with one child gone from home.

Sometimes, we don’t want things to change in life and we’re scared of new beginnings for whatever reason. I was just chatting with a co-worker today that is leaving our company and beginning the same position in a different company. She mentioned doing it all over again and being nervous about a new place.

None of us are exempt from feeling the mixed emotions of new journeys. However, we must always remember that, no matter the new journey, God is always with us wherever we go.

There’s such a welcoming feeling reading those words, “Welcome Home: Your Journey is Just Beginning”. That brings feelings of anticipating really great and new things in life. We must choose to embrace the unknown at every new journey. God is with us and will always guide us.

Everyday we wake up is a new journey in our life and as long as we walk in the path of God's righteousness it will be a hallelujah day.

Back