Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Well i finally did it....

John

..I've made up my mind.

If anyone remembered a while back i posted a thread about my new job that was supposed to take me up north to a remote town?? Well that tanked..it did not workout, Instead i now have a full time job as a assistant carpenter which is much more rewarding then some store in the middle of no ware. :yes

But my dreams of moving up north have not been crushed yet. Because of this full time job and my current set up living with my parents (paying then a % of my payments to help out) i am able to save a lot of money.

I have decided to save all my cash and make the move to Whitehorse, Yukon or preferably Dawson City. sometime late this year.

step 1. Pay off my credit card :eyebrow
step 2. get my dog his shots (to be able to travel on plane)
step 3. sell my big things that i can't bring with me (car, drums some guns)
step 4. update my cards (drivers, gun, health etc etc)
step 5. transfer weapons.
step 6. hunt down a apartment that allows pets.
step 7. get plane ticket
step 8. say good bye to family/friends
step 9. Get job (easy since i know someone there)

I cannot wait, this is gonna be awesome :lol :D the projected date is October 2009 for departure.

John said:
which is much more rewarding then some store in the middle of no ware.

Oh the play on words...
:lol :lol

I'll pray your plans are fulfilled John. :yes
:pray

winnipeg is acually a nice place in the summer...as far as winter is concerned you cant get much further north!!!.you can get a house cheap...last i was there i saw a 2.5 story with a basement and 3 bathrooms plus a 750 sq foot brick building with a bathroom in the back where the garage should have been and it was zoned so you could have a buisness...70 thousand dollars.

dvd said:
winnipeg is acually a nice place in the summer...as far as winter is concerned you cant get much further north!!!.you can get a house cheap...last i was there i saw a 2.5 story with a basement and 3 bathrooms plus a 750 sq foot brick building with a bathroom in the back where the garage should have been and it was zoned so you could have a buisness...70 thousand dollars.

I am a fan of smaller towns. I don't plan on having a family of my own so i have no need for a 3 bedroom home. A cabin is fine for me :rolling

Wow, House prices must be low in Canada. A little 2 bed-Flat could set you back £70,000 over here. :sad

BTW, good luck with your new Job and planned departure, John! :yes

I'll be supporting your plans with prayer John......God's speed. Sounds like a great adventure, go for it in God's guidence. Whahoo!!! :thumb :clap :pray

Vic, If I've read correctly, John Is working right now, he's just pointing out that when he does get to go, he'll need a new Job.

Where i live now you either have a crappy job say at MacDonalds or a high end job requiring many years at a university. It just so happens that i am best suited for the mid range stuff and my resume reflects that beautifully. So while i will always have a hard time finding a job here out there..well i don't think its a problem, But yes Vic a job is one of those things i must acquire BEFORE moving lol.

Yo John My Brother,

You don't live close to rock throw of Anchorage Alaska in Canada do you? If you do brother, get you mask ready! Read this if you haven't heard already, or go straight to it with this url.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=6767149

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This 1990 photo release by the Alaska Volcano Observatory shows an ascending eruption cloud from...
This 1990 photo release by the Alaska Volcano Observatory shows an ascending eruption cloud from Redoubt Volcano about 100 southwest of Anchorage Alaska as viewed to the west from the Kenai Peninsula on April 21, 1990. Redoubt Volcano is rumbling and simmering, prompting geologists to warn that an eruption may be imminent.
(R. Clucas/Alaska Volcano Observatory/AP Photo )Hardware stores and auto parts shops scored a post-holiday run of business this week as Anchorage-area residents stocked up on protective eyewear and masks ahead of a possible eruption of Mount Redoubt.

Monitoring earthquakes underneath the 10,200-foot Redoubt Volcano about 100 miles southwest of Anchorage, scientists from the Alaska Volcano Observatory warned that an eruption was imminent, sending experienced Alaskans shopping for protection against a dusty shower of volcanic ash that could descend on south-central Alaska.

"Every time this happens we do get a run on dust masks and goggles," said Phil Robinson, manager of an Alaska Industrial Hardware store in Anchorage. "That's the two main things for eye and respiratory protection."

Customer Ron Cowan picked up gear at the store Thursday before heading off to an auto parts store for a spare air filter.

"I'm older now and I'm being a little more proactive than I was the last time," Cowan said.
When another Alaska volcano, Mount Spurr, blew in 1992, he waited too long.

"The shelves were cleared, so I thought I wouldn't wait until the last minute," Cowan said.

Unlike earthquakes, volcanoes often give off warning signs that usually give people time to prepare.

The observatory, a joint program between the U.S. Geological Survey, the University of Alaska Geophysical Institute and the state Division of Geological and Geophysical Surveys, was formed in response to the 1986 eruption of Mount Augustine.

It has a variety of tools to predict eruptions. As magma moves beneath a volcano before an eruption, it often generates earthquakes, swells the surface of a mountain and increases the gases emitted. The observatory samples gases, measures earthquake activity with seismometers and watches for deformities in the landscape.

On Nov. 5, geologists noted changed emissions and minor melting near the Redoubt summit and raised the threat level from green to yellow. It jumped to orange; the stage just before eruption; on Sunday in response to a sharp increase in earthquake activity below the volcano.

I am quite far away from Anchorage. But thanks for the article, i may just take a trip there to view this marvel :D

Those things fascinate me!

The geological aspects of Whitehorse are another thing that draws me there. I have always been a rock hound and Whitehorse is perfect. Fossils, Extinct volcanoes, dormant volcanoes, gold and other metals, crystals etc all can be found there.

I can just picture it now.... in a canoe with my German shepherd and my climbing and rock hunting gear going down a river into the unknown, haha :lol

Gabriel Ali said:
Wow, House prices must be low in Canada. A little 2 bed-Flat could set you back £70,000 over here. :sad

BTW, good luck with your new Job and planned departure, John! :yes
It just depends where. In my city, and it isn't the most expensive, a little 2 bed-flat goes for $200,000-$275,000+, depending on location of course.

The house i live in now has a full basement with 2 levels on top of that, 4 acres of land and it was only 80,000 CAD

John said:
Does anyone have any experience with relocating?

I do...the first time I was single, no kids, no house to sell, which made it a whole lot easier, it was more of an adventure and I wish I could do it again! The second time was with the family and we bought and sold a home which makes it 10x more stressful.

In your case, :thumb it'll be an adventure!

Back