Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] "Wet" Computer Stimulates Brain Cells

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

azlan88

According to Popular Science magazine, The E.U. is working on liquid-based super computers that simulate brain cells. The article reads that by attatching itself to the cell walls, the computer can pass signals between itself and the brain's chemical cells. Also according to the article, making computers function like a brain marks the next generation of computer technology, and that has nothing to do with making computers more powerful. This is a whole different ball park, my friends. The only thing that I'm wondering is if this technology could be used maliciously a hundred years down the road. You can read the short article here: http://www.popsci.com/technology/articl ... rain-cells

Just about any technology could conceivably be used for malicious purposes. Germ Theory can help us make better drugs to fight disease, as well as help create biological weapons. Atomic Theory helps us design powerplants that produce close to zero emission energy, but also provides the tools to make nuclear weapons. Physics makes us capable of putting satellites into orbit, and also helps us make more efficient guns and bombs. The list goes on...

Technology is our best tool for both saving and taking lives.
It is up to us to decide which.

of course, we do i keep thinking we are about to digitized by a biodredd. I dooubt some of you know what show i'm referencing.

google soaron and the metal wars, and you'll see.

I can't help but say that the sci-fi-loving part of me is eagerly anticipating what can be done with this technology.

azlan88 said:
I can't help but say that the sci-fi-lvoing part of me is eagerly anticipating what can be done with this technology.

terminator.jpg

:crazy :)

Back