Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What age will you be in heaven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Aardverk

What age will you be in heaven? Do you get to choose, as Mark Twain suggested?

As I stagger towards the end of my life, I sometimes ponder what is ahead of me.:chin

If you die as a decrepit 90 year old, do you stay that way for eternity or are you magically transported back to being a 21 year old with a perfect body minus the hormones maybe. :kissing

What if you are disabled, blind, grossly fat, ugly etc? Are you given a good, beautiful body or do we live in spirit only?:angel3 Is there actually anything to see? If we have no body, how do we see it?:shocked!

What about the mother who lost her baby at a few weeks or a few months old, waiting 40 years for death to reunite her with her baby? Will she get there and find that her baby is now 40 years old :bigcryand not in the slightest bit how she remembers and the 40 year old ‘child’ is not really interested in having a mother now having lived a glorious and self-sufficient 40 years in heaven?:verysad

If parents want to be reunited with their children, that applies for hundreds of generations and married couples can’t stay together – or can we be in two places at once?:biggrinunno

What about a baby, dying with no knowledge? Are they instantly knowledgeable and grown up or do they age in heaven and learn in the normal way? If they can learn, can the rest of us too?:infinity

What about the less mentally able among us? Are we to suddenly become wise and intelligent? :study

Most important though, what are you going to do for an eternity?:bounceball Sport? TV? Sex? Sun bathing? Music?:headphones Reading? If reading is an option, that implies learning and therefore social division. Is there division and social structure in heaven or equality?:confused:

Perhaps I will go somewhere else instead.:onfire:biggrinevil

Interesting question, the answer to which is... I don't know!

As far as my understanding goes, the 'life' of Heaven is unlike the life on this Earth. That is necessarily the case, because in this world there are things like death, illness, pain, etc. while in Heaven it will only be pleasure and God's bounty and reward.

So - I believe - God will give us a body that is beyond our understanding. It can't be like our bodies in this world made of cells that degrade and break down, proteins that are hydrolysed, DNA that is fragmented or mutated - because all these things lead to death. And Heaven is not called Eternal Life for no reason! I do make an assumption that nobody will enter Paradise "old" because what is "old"? It is a state of weakness or frailty. Rather, everything in Heaven will be beautiful! May God guide us to it!

I'm going to be a 22 year old with perfect hair, beard, and teeth. I'll stand in at about 6' 3" and I will weight 230lbs, all of it pure muscle. If I stand still people will mistake me for a statute because I will be just that bronze with tan!

Or that is at least the model I requested from God when I get to Heaven!

I think of it like this: in Heaven, we will be perfected and made "real"--fully, truly alive in sinless perfection for eternity. The perfection of souls--made possible by Christ and our own lives pursuing righteousness--will be visible in our (perfect, ageless, disease- and imperfection-free) bodies.

Also, we're dealing with God here. He loves us, He called us, and He saved us. Whatever bodies we are given will be the perfect ones.

IMO, since the spirit/soul is eternal once you have been created body/soul/spirit by God [1 Thes.5:23], it has no such thing as aging once the human being part of it has matured. Therefore, you remain the very same spirit/soul as to when that period of time occured in your human life.

The spirit/soul is an inseparable integral duo that can only be separated by God, according to Heb.4:12.

Quasar

I read a book called 90 Minutes in Heaven where the author claims to have died and spent...well....90 minutes in heaven...

In the book, he explains it as, for those who you know, you are greeted by them first and they appear to you just as you last remembered them. I don't know if that even answers the question or if that's even true, but I found that kind of nice. For those who you didn't know on Earth...I have absolutely no idea.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back