Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are the most important issues in the 2024 election?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

It seems that they are trying to make allowing abortion , open borders and 'climate change' the most important issue on all the news reports, but research points to the inflation and soaring housing costs directly hurting people and the economy. We have other things which they are trying to ignore or keep quiet such as the unrest at the colleges, crime and killings spreading to even rural America, and the social breakdown and unraveling in the cities and especially in what was claimed to be progressive in California and other states now seeing the results.

It seems like ideology cannot be pushed above the truth that is plain to the voters. What is truly more important, needing to cover up the lack of moral restraint and destructive results, or taking care of and feeding your family, seems like a easy answer...

What we're seeing now is both late stage capitalism and an empire that's in decline. The only way things like this get fixed, if you can call it a fix, is for the bottom to fall out. When people are starving, they become more amenable to alternative forms of government. Which is what we need. One that represents the interests of the people. One that can only be elected by the people.

The uniparty and the corporations have a death grip on the country. As the ship sinks, they'll be the first into the lifeboats while all of us drown. We saw this in 2008. So, I think people should vote for Trump. But don't expect him to be a saviour.

As usual the politicians continue to ignore the real issues.

If only the American people would vote accordingly... like Illinois they voted for higher taxes.

It seems that they are trying to make allowing abortion
So far, every time abortion access has been on a state's ballot it's passed, even in conservative states like Kentucky. Women seem to be pretty motivated to protect their right to make their own medical decisions.

This fall, abortion access will be on the ballot in both FL and AZ, which could drive turnout and help Democrats.

open borders
Since no one is proposing anything like "open borders", that's just a meaningless catchphrase.

and 'climate change'
Yep. As the effects and costs continue to rise, it's become a major issue.

the most important issue on all the news reports, but research points to the inflation and soaring housing costs directly hurting people and the economy.
Sorta. A recent poll shows....

Preserving democracy tops the list of issues for voters in this election year, but not for Republicans, who are most concerned with immigration, a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds.

For Democrats, they said preserving democracy is top of mind for them when thinking about voting in this November's election, followed by inflation. For independents, it was preserving democracy, followed by immigration and inflation. After immigration for Republicans, it was inflation, and nothing else came close.

We have other things which they are trying to ignore or keep quiet such as the unrest at the colleges, crime and killings spreading to even rural America, and the social breakdown and unraveling in the cities and especially in what was claimed to be progressive in California and other states now seeing the results.
Actually, as has been posted here over and over, crime rates have been falling rather dramatically across the country.

It seems like ideology cannot be pushed above the truth that is plain to the voters. What is truly more important, needing to cover up the lack of moral restraint and destructive results, or taking care of and feeding your family, seems like a easy answer...
Yep, if economic matters are important, then President Biden is the better choice. Under his leadership, the US has tamed inflation without going through job losses or a recession (shocking economists), we're in the midst of a jobs boom with many being blue-collar jobs, wages continue to rise, and public investment in things like infrastructure, manufacturing, and clean energy is soaring.

Don't forget, Donald left office with the worst jobs record since Herbert Hoover, added massively to the national debt, and a negative GDP.

Add in all his other drama and embarrassing immoral behaviors, and there's no way he should ever get anywhere near the White House again.

When people are starving, they become more amenable to alternative forms of government. Which is what we need.
What type of government are you thinking of?

One that represents the interests of the people. One that can only be elected by the people.
A direct democracy?

The uniparty and the corporations have a death grip on the country. As the ship sinks, they'll be the first into the lifeboats while all of us drown. We saw this in 2008. So, I think people should vote for Trump. But don't expect him to be a saviour.
So weird to see you think that Don the Con is the one to go against the rich and powerful.....as if he's some sort of champion of the regular folks.

The con man who scammed regular folks out of their money via his fake "university", his fake "charity", pardons other con men (Bannon and his "build the wall" fraud) who conned regular folks out of their money, NFT's, his media company collapse, etc.

Why in the world anyone would look to someone with that record and think they're on the side of the regular people is a complete mystery. But, I guess that's how con men operate.

The immoral liars facilitating the illegal import of the greatest amount of drugs, child trafficking , criminals, terrorists of any Administration in history will be held accountable by voters

FEBRUARY 27, 2024

Immigration Surges to Top of Most Important Problem List

First time immigration has been the single most important problem since 2019

BY JEFFREY M. JONES
bf57a257-0023-4258-a48d-38187e1b02c7.jpg

The immoral liars facilitating the illegal import of the greatest amount of drugs, child trafficking , criminals, terrorists of any Administration in history will be held accountable by voters
I certainly hope so. Don the Con can't keep demanding that Republicans kill bipartisan border security bills just because he needs something to campaign on. We definitely need to make sure he doesn't get anywhere near the White House again, and we need to get Dems in charge of the House again so we can pass the bill and have President Biden sign it.

Trump says ‘blame it on me’ if border bill fails

Former President Trump told his supporters during a rally in Nevada that he is fine with being blamed for tanking the bipartisan border bill currently negotiated in the Senate...

...“I’ll fight it all the way. A lot of the senators are trying to say, respectfully, they’re blaming it on me. I say, that’s okay. Please blame it on me. Please.”

What type of government are you thinking of?
A representative republic. That's what we're supposed to be. But we currently have no representation.

A direct democracy?
Absolutely not. Politicians would only campaign in the most densely populated areas of the country. Fly over States would be ignored completely, and their votes wouldn't matter.

So weird to see you think that Don the Con is the one to go against the rich and powerful.....as if he's some sort of champion of the regular folks.
I never said that he was. But what's the alternative? Vote for the administration that doesn't represent the American people in any capacity? Sure, if you're Richard Spencer and believe in accelerationism. He voted for Biden last time around for this reason.

Trump certainly isn't perfect, but any political figure that the uniparty hates this much, well... they can't be all that bad.

A representative republic. That's what we're supposed to be. But we currently have no representation.

Absolutely not. Politicians would only campaign in the most densely populated areas of the country. Fly over States would be ignored completely, and their votes wouldn't matter.
So what changes do you propose?

I never said that he was. But what's the alternative? Vote for the administration that doesn't represent the American people in any capacity?
I've actually been pleasantly surprised at how well President Biden has done representing and addressing my views and priorities.

Trump certainly isn't perfect, but any political figure that the uniparty hates this much, well... they can't be all that bad.
Given how Don the Con's main act was to give historically massive tax breaks to billionaires and mega corporations (and then brag to them about doing it), and how he's promising to do it even more, I again have to say I'm baffled by your comment.

A vote for Trump is a vote for destruction chaos and fascism. A vote for Biden is a vote for a patched up version of the status quo. Hmmmm…

Sad statement on how our democracy is doing.

I wouldnt say this is late stage capitalism so much as the latest round of pain and distress from neoliberalism. I personally think 🧐 some form of capitalism is inevitable but it could be different if the laws and social policies reflected what the people want and need.

It’s crazy because the 40s to 70s were good for many people vs now and it’s not as if the formula is top secret. Don’t give billionaires tax breaks. Invest in social programs and education and infrastructure. Of course…
The 60s were a largely destructive decade. I don’t think 🤔 it was just the hippy culture or the drugs and some radicals here and there…

The shift in focus to self actualization and fulfillment and the view of tradition and social bonds as stifling and damaging to the individual…

Not good at all. I’ve heard that everyone points to 1968 as the year USA changed forever. Ugh 😑 it is what it is…

I certainly hope so. Don the Con can't keep demanding that Republicans kill bipartisan border security bills just because he needs something to campaign on. We definitely need to make sure he doesn't get anywhere near the White House again, and we need to get Dems in charge of the House again so we can pass the bill and have President Biden sign it.

Trump says ‘blame it on me’ if border bill fails

Former President Trump told his supporters during a rally in Nevada that he is fine with being blamed for tanking the bipartisan border bill currently negotiated in the Senate...

...“I’ll fight it all the way. A lot of the senators are trying to say, respectfully, they’re blaming it on me. I say, that’s okay. Please blame it on me. Please.”
Trump in charge he statistically kicked old, doddering, dithering, mumbling , Biden's butt in controlling the border &
And the whole world knows it .
Biden opening the flood gates , having canceled every executive order that was working on day one.
Pissing everybody off except the communists .
Causing those who believe in a secure border to abandon Biden in droves .
Leaving the democrats no other choice but to go full communist /Marxist and try to jail Biden's biggest political threat.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/mar/22/joe-biden-desperate-to-reverse-massive-defection-o/

Joe Biden desperate to reverse massive defection of Hispanic voters

Mar 22, 2024 ... Shockwaves ran through the White House earlier this month when a Siena College/New York Times poll showed President Biden trailing former ...

Trump in charge he statistically kicked old, doddering, dithering, mumbling , Biden's butt in controlling the border &
And the whole world knows it .
Nope. Simply saying "everyone knows it" doesn't change reality.

The stark reality is that Senate Republicans and Democrats negotiated an immigration reform bill that would have rolled back and sped up the asylum program, sent lots of additional agents and other resources to the border, added physical barriers, increased surveillance, etc.....

....and Donald ordered House Republicans to not allow it to come to a vote because he needs immigration as an issue for his campaign. As I showed, he even said to blame him for the bill being killed.

Biden opening the flood gates , having canceled every executive order that was working on day one.
Pissing everybody off except the communists .
Nope. As has been posted here before, President Biden submitted multiple supplemental funding requests for additional agents and other resources for the border, and Republicans denied them.

"If approved, Biden wants the border funds to hire 1,000 more U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers, as well as 1,300 more Border Patrol agents on the Southwest border."

Republicans denied that request. Facts matter.

So what changes do you propose?
A criminal investigation into all members of Congress and it must be made illegal for corporations to donate to political figures. There needs to be accountability to help restore faith in America's institutions. The American people need to know that the representatives they elect will serve them and not highest bidder.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised at how well President Biden has done representing and addressing my views and priorities.
Imagine my shock.

Given how Don the Con's main act was to give historically massive tax breaks to billionaires and mega corporations (and then brag to them about doing it), and how he's promising to do it even more, I again have to say I'm baffled by your comment.
I don't know why you're still baffled when I've explained myself about a half a dozen times.

So far, every time abortion access has been on a state's ballot it's passed, even in conservative states like Kentucky. Women seem to be pretty motivated to protect their right to make their own medical decisions.

This fall, abortion access will be on the ballot in both FL and AZ, which could drive turnout and help Democrats.

Since no one is proposing anything like "open borders", that's just a meaningless catchphrase.

Yep. As the effects and costs continue to rise, it's become a major issue.

Sorta. A recent poll shows....

Preserving democracy tops the list of issues for voters in this election year, but not for Republicans, who are most concerned with immigration, a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds.
For Democrats, they said preserving democracy is top of mind for them when thinking about voting in this November's election, followed by inflation. For independents, it was preserving democracy, followed by immigration and inflation. After immigration for Republicans, it was inflation, and nothing else came close.

Actually, as has been posted here over and over, crime rates have been falling rather dramatically across the country.

Yep, if economic matters are important, then President Biden is the better choice. Under his leadership, the US has tamed inflation without going through job losses or a recession (shocking economists), we're in the midst of a jobs boom with many being blue-collar jobs, wages continue to rise, and public investment in things like infrastructure, manufacturing, and clean energy is soaring.

Don't forget, Donald left office with the worst jobs record since Herbert Hoover, added massively to the national debt, and a negative GDP.

Add in all his other drama and embarrassing immoral behaviors, and there's no way he should ever get anywhere near the White House again.
Uncle J
When I read your posts, I get the feeling that you're living on another planet and take the time to come to visit us earthlings every now and then.

I admire those that respond to your posts.

Millions of people have signed up to a tongue-in-cheek Facebook event to storm the US military base “Area 51” on 20 September to discover whether aliens are inside.

Do YOU make area 51 your home?
We might get through that fence!
It would be interesting to meet up with you.
😂

A criminal investigation into all members of Congress and it must be made illegal for corporations to donate to political figures. There needs to be accountability to help restore faith in America's institutions. The American people need to know that the representatives they elect will serve them and not highest bidder.

Imagine my shock.

I don't know why you're still baffled when I've explained myself about a half a dozen times.
Uncle doesn't wish to understand.
He speaks a different language.
:whirl

A criminal investigation into all members of Congress
For what? You realize that you can't just start criminal investigations against people as a fishing expedition, right? You have to have some evidence of wrongdoing.

and it must be made illegal for corporations to donate to political figures.
That's not something a President can do. It would take Congress to craft and pass the bill, and a (likely non-conservative, see Citizens United) Supreme Court to uphold it.

Because the last time I asked you what you thought Donald would do to change the entire system, you said you didn't know.

Nope. Simply saying "everyone knows it" doesn't change reality.

The stark reality is that Senate Republicans and Democrats negotiated an immigration reform bill that would have rolled back and sped up the asylum program, sent lots of additional agents and other resources to the border, added physical barriers, increased surveillance, etc.....

....and Donald ordered House Republicans to not allow it to come to a vote because he needs immigration as an issue for his campaign. As I showed, he even said to blame him for the bill being killed.

Nope. As has been posted here before, President Biden submitted multiple supplemental funding requests for additional agents and other resources for the border, and Republicans denied them.

"If approved, Biden wants the border funds to hire 1,000 more U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers, as well as 1,300 more Border Patrol agents on the Southwest border."

Republicans denied that request. Facts matter.

If you think the majority of Americans do not hold Biden responsible you need to get your head out of the toilet and take a look at the facts​

FACTSHEET: FINAL FY23 NUMBERS SHOW WORST YEAR AT AMERICA’S BORDERS—EVER​

October 26, 2023

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, the House Committee on Homeland Security released its latest “Startling Stats” factsheet outlining U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) September and Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 border encounter data. In the final month of FY2023, CBP recorded 269,735 encounters at the Southwest border, marking another unprecedented milestone under Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and President Joe Biden’s open-borders policies. This monthly number also represents an 86% increase from June 2023, when the Biden administration celebrated a short-lived drop in illegal crossings following the end of Title 42.

The annual numbers proved just as catastrophic. In FY23, CBP recorded more than 2.4 million encounters at the Southwest border and more than 3.2 million encounters nationwide. Just this fiscal year, 169 individuals on the terrorist watchlist were apprehended attempting to enter the country illegally, and at least 1.7 million known gotaways have evaded apprehension since FY2021. Americans did not need more proof that Biden and Mayorkas’ post-Title 42 strategy had failed, but unfortunately, that’s exactly what we have gotten.

As this disaster spirals further out of control, the Biden administration does not know how many dangerous illegal aliens are entering the country undetected, especially as Border Patrol agents are being pulled off the front lines to help process and release the historic number of illegal aliens flooding the border. While monthly apprehensions and encounters continue to increase, Mayorkas simply continues to double down on his mass-parole programs, incentivizing and facilitating the entry of otherwise inadmissible aliens into the United States at a scale never before seen.

Key Facts:

When I read your posts, I get the feeling that you're living on another planet and take the time to come to visit us earthlings every now and then.
That's weird, because from where I sit I'm the one who keeps posting facts and the like, to which a lot of other folks here respond with "they're all lying".

Do you have a specific example of me posting something that's inaccurate or untrue?

Millions of people have signed up to a tongue-in-cheek Facebook event to storm the US military base “Area 51” on 20 September to discover whether aliens are inside.

Do YOU make area 51 your home?
We might get through that fence!
It would be interesting to meet up with you.
😂
Again, if you see me posting something that's not true, by all means point it out.

If you think the majority of Americans do not hold Biden responsible you need to get your head out of the toilet and take a look at the facts
Yep, the facts don't change based on what people believe. The shape of the earth doesn't change from flat to spherical based on what people believe.

Likewise, that Donald ordered Republicans to kill the immigration bill because he needed an issue for his campaign remains a fact no matter what. That he's since gone around telling people to blame him for killing the bill remains a fact no matter what.

That President Biden submitted supplemental funding requests for increased border security, and that Republicans denied those requests, remain facts no matter what.

So how about you explain why you think Don the Con had Republicans kill the immigration bill, if the situation is so dire? After all, it can't be that bad if Donald and Republicans are content to do nothing about it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back