Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Are Your Plans For he Coming Season?

myangelsb4u

Pentecostal
Staff member
Administrator
I have been so busy lately that I have not been able to think about the on coming spring season. It's usually going to be about getting the garden organised and doing some spring cleaning around the home and property. What will you be up to in the next season in your are?

I have been so busy lately that I have not been able to think about the on coming spring season. It's usually going to be about getting the garden organised and doing some spring cleaning around the home and property. What will you be up to in the next season in your are?
Here, as we approach the fall/autumn season, I look forward to my favorite time of year. In most years, the weather starts to cool down giving us a reprieve from the heat of summer, although this summer so far has been great. This morning it is only 53° F. and feels almost a bit on the chilly side and now in late July it is usually our hottest time of the year.

I'm looking forward to harvesting my wheat in a couple weeks and soybeans in September, God willing, and then it's fall tillage in October/November. To help reduce erosion potential and protect the microorganisms in the soil, I try to do my fall tillage as late as possible before freeze-up.

Fall is also a great time of year for hunting and fishing. September is also the beginning of many hunting seasons like bow hunting for deer, early goose season, duck hunting, grouse hunting, and pheasant hunting, although I only pheasant or grouse hunt now and don't participate in all the others. November has our firearms deer hunting which I still do. Then, with the cooling water temps, fall fishing can also be quite enjoyable.

Then too is the fall color change in the foliage. I grew up in northern Minnesota, about 50 miles (80 Kilometers) norther of Duluth. Every year we plan a get together in late September or early October for some ATV riding, grouse hunting, and camping. We choose this time of year so we can catch the fall colors. It can at times be breathtaking with the brilliant yellows of the aspen, ash, and walnut trees mixed in with the bright red and orange of the oaks and maples, browns of the tamarack and others, and the greens of the coniferous or evergreens like spruce, balsam, and pine thrown in. I remember one year when it seemed the air actually took on color. It was like being surrounded by God's mural.

Finally ending with the snows of November and the beginning of the winter ice fishing season.

Once the weather becomes cooler, it's in the high 90's right now, my husband and I will plan more trips on our Can Am Spyder. This is hubby doing the Dragons Tail in Tennessee this spring. We live in South Carolina.
20230507_191653.jpg

Back