Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Bible character do you most identify with?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There's not just one.

But for sheer range of experience: highs, lows, mountain top and valley experiences, David is particularly remarkable, especially as seen in the Psalms.

Last edited by a moderator:
At a very young age Joseph always resonated well. Perhaps with all my step brothers or foster siblings, I always wanted a special coat of my own.

At a very young age Joseph always resonated well. Perhaps with all my step brothers or foster siblings, I always wanted a special coat of my own.

I love reading books about Joseph like "God meant it for good" by R.T. Kendall and "Joseph, A man of integrity and forgiveness" by Charles R. Swindoll. Both excellent books ;)

Thomas because of his questioning mind, his constant fighting doubts but unwavering loyalty

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Elijah.

His greatest prophetic ministry (raising up a generation of Sons of the Prophets) came after his greatest feeling of despair (fleeing from the wrath of Jezabel.)

Some interesting choices so far. The most interesting, if I can use the word, is Thomas, because I would not have thought that Thomas would be regarded as an actual role model by anyone. (The question wasn't strictly about role models.)

I love reading books about Joseph like "God meant it for good" by R.T. Kendall and "Joseph, A man of integrity and forgiveness" by Charles R. Swindoll. Both excellent books ;)

Agape:

I think Charles Swindoll is the guy that has the radio ministry, right?

Blessings.

I like Paul and his conversion and how he persevered through all of his trials, tribulations and kept on fighting the good fight.

I like Paul and his conversion and how he persevered through all of his trials, tribulations and kept on fighting the good fight.

Wow, yes; his good fight; his journeyings oft: he was such a dear man and his heartbeat comes across in his writings. Sometimes it's as if he is just in the next room...

Wow, yes; his good fight; his journeyings oft: he was such a dear man and his heartbeat comes across in his writings. Sometimes it's as if he is just in the next room...

I agree!

Would Paul be the Bible character you most relate to?

In a way, at first Paul thought he was doing the right thing and found out it was wrong...then he learned, converted and fought for Christ to spread the gospel. I can relate to Paul's life and struggles but am humble enough not to compare myself to him.

In a way, at first Paul thought he was doing the right thing and found out it was wrong...then he learned, converted and fought for Christ to spread the gospel. I can relate to Paul's life and struggles but am humble enough not to compare myself to him.
Thanks, just wanted to clarify because you wrote, "I like Paul" but my question was more about whom we relate to and why (what we have in common, good and/or bad character traits, experiences, lives, etc) than whom we like, but now that you've indicated that you relate to Paul's life and struggles, we know what you have in common with him ;)

Back