Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What can trigger a smoke detector?

I live in an apartment. It’s a community of apartment buildings. My building is very close to a lake if that could be part of the issue.

I have a little alarm system. DIY installation then pay for monthly monitoring. Add or remove components as one sees fit.

Mine has some smoke detectors with it. Basically if a smoke alarm goes off and I’m not here to do something I get a call ☎️ from the company. And…

That’s what happened today. I didn’t think it could be a problem and the monitoring company can use cameras on the system to see what’s going on. Nothing. So I canceled the alarm.

Got home did my PIN and it turned off. Nothing. I have an air purifier I got on flash sale at Walmart. Works well. It has a display that shows the density of particles in the air. Single digits still in the lowest level of concentration.

I’ve had…some issues here. It’s a safe quiet neighborhood but…

Some people hate me. I’m a 40 year old unemployed man labeled with schizophrenia supported by a mix of disability and my parents who were targeted for termination and ended up retiring upper middle class maybe well to do. My psych information was never really kept confidential including a positive HIV test from nearly 20 years ago.

Ugh 😑 rambling. Fairly recently I came home and there were cigarette butts in my from porch area. The way the apartment building is designed no one should be in front of my door smoking.

Another time I came home and it smelled weird and the cover to the breaker box was open. Small things have gone missing…

Bowls shoes cash eye glasses. That’s part of the reason I got this alarm system.

Any idea 💡? Advice?

Thanks 🙏

Any idea 💡? Advice?

Thanks 🙏
Many things can trigger an alarm, and some systems or individual alarms there may be more false, or more unneeded alarms going off than actual events require.
Burglary , break-ins, robberies, seem to be widespread , inluding btw white-collar criminals that may get away with millions to the locals who get away with mere hundreds or thousands.... anyway crime is everywhere.

What to do ?

Leave earth. (but no, no, no - never harm yourself nor others)

Until then, trust Jesus and do as He says. I think you have done that for a long time, from your own testimony.

In a strange way schizophrenia has been a blessing for me. I don’t think it’s a real brain disorder but…

I really can’t support myself. Never could. Disability in my case is very very little money but it’s definitely more than 0 and it provides health coverage and…

A sort of role in society I suppose. If I was always unemployed or between jobs I’d probably just be miserable and impoverished and with all the stigma and junk from before Jesus Christ saved…is saving will save…me, then…

Prison homeless probably end up…and this is strange but true…

Under much more draconian psychiatric surveillance and control than I deal with now…
God is Good 😊 God is Love.

Thanks again…

I don’t think it’s a real brain disorder but…
Realizing that if we post the truth anywhere, exposing the false designations of "legal"/ legally protected ideas, it can be trouble,
I agree with you basically and overall. There is no actual physical (nor any other) test to prove the brain trouble,

but once upon a time (in our lifetimes and earlier)
the trouble was recognized and proven to be nutritional , specifially lack of B-vitamnis, and was successfully eliminated very often thereby. Even legal regular licensed drs used to call the deficiency "pellagra" and remedy this within a few weeks many times. Then the law changed, making it illegal for the doctors to tell truth publicly, and making it illegal to treat people with what was needed to be healthy - exchanging a lie for truth instead; giving bad expensive drugs daily for life when they could under the 'new' druglords.

I do the mega vitamin thing daily. Super helpful. I think…my reaction to oppression has been some very low mood etc. b vitamins in particular have been a huge help. Antioxidants…minerals…etc.

The pharmaceutical do called antidepressants are harmful and toxic. If they actually helped maybe I could sort of justify taking them but…it’s just apathy and sedation and emotional numbing. Not helpful…

FOOTNOTE: mega vitamin use is almost never, if ever , as toxic as taking ONE phardrug.
A few things require a little caution - but very few related to nutritional supplements.

The ONLY two things I can think of at the moment to be aware of and not take too much is synthetic iron and iodine.

They can be probably taken with no worries when as directed, but for instance synthetic iron in baby formuila and in prenatl tabls have caused health problems in men, women, and babies/children. All the cases I'm aware of caused symptoms noticable to the overseeing medical clinic or doctor who prescribed them (who should have known better ), and all were corrected before death occurred.

Before 1950, none of the routine known available vitamins had any known toxicity at any dose Then , apparently to prevent health, the drugmakers made up the fda levels , far far below what is actually needed for health, and not at all helpful.

Back