Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What do you believe about Nostradamus?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I do not know if there are any people here who believe or at least partly believe in his predictions but I hope we can have a discussion on it and see what others think. I'm not trying to spread lies if you think it is however he has made true predictions and among others he has predicted.

Do you believe what Nostradamus has predicted? If you would like my personal opinion I believe that he is correct as some things lead towards it however no one can be for sure. Nostradamus says that there are three Anti-Christs the last being the evilest and most vile of them all. Now Nostradamus lived in about 1500-1570 and he has so far correctly for told two of them. Now the Bible does not say three however, even so he has correctly predicted two very evil people who we might consider Anti-Christs but no Bible reference to this. His third prediction in which some believe is with us now and might come in time. Now we can cut out Marilyn Mason and all those others who "claim" to be one as the Bible states he will be of high power and will be loved by many. Now according to what Nostradamus says he will come from the Middle-East and this likely states that it could be someone high in power such as a Muslim leader. Now you may say that I am an evil person for saying this however he does say that tensions will be tense and that the war will stat in 1999 and seven months. Around that time tensions were heavily rising with foreign Middle-East countries and he also says "One day the sky will burn at 45 degrees" 45 degrees is near the Trade Center but he also claims the city would be destroyed which is believed that New York is yet to be destroyed.

Can we debate now?

Ii wouldnt belive any word Nostradamus says, he copied his ideas from the bible if I was you I would avoid all of his crap.

his words cant really be taken at face value but reflect very important issues. i believe he could see what would happen if things stayed the same or negative chances that happened. he was a wise man but i dont believe that his predictions are 9%%

The couple times watching the Nostradamus stuff on TV I noticed the narrators embellishing the quotes. Much of that kind of stuff is so general you can make it fit what a person want it to fit.

When ideas are written like poetery thay can take on a mistical sound. To read that kind of stuff is one thing to let it 'get to you' another. Becarefull. God gave us what we need in Scripture. The rest is just a novel.

Hes as accurate as Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, Pat Robertson, Zola Levitt ....

It has been quite a few years since I last read Nostradamus, and I have surely forgotten much of what he predicted, but I agree with reba that the predictions were so general and vague that most of the predictions could be bent to fit many probable events.

It has been said that Nostradamus purposefully hid many of the meanings in his predictions so as to prevent punishment from the era's authorities, but whether or not that is true I have no way of verifying.

Prophesies known to me to be valid are those that state specific names, dates, locations, and events that are considered unknowable during the time of the prophesy but are verified to be accurate and true when the specific event does occur. If Nostradamus quoted specific names and dates, then it would be interesting to see what he predicted, but if he did not give specifics then there is no reason to believe his prophesies might be true.

I believe that it is too easy for a person to use any word they might choose, and the meaning of the word does not have to imply the same definition that anyone else might give to the word. Anyone can say "anti-Christ" but saying the word does not imply that it can only have a Biblical definition or refer to a Biblical event.

I would suggest that to debate Nostradamus' predictions that it would be best to present each prediction one at a time to be inspected and discussed.

The couple times watching the Nostradamus stuff on TV I noticed the narrators embellishing the quotes. Much of that kind of stuff is so general you can make it fit what a person want it to fit.

When ideas are written like poetery thay can take on a mistical sound. To read that kind of stuff is one thing to let it 'get to you' another. Becarefull. God gave us what we need in Scripture. The rest is just a novel.
Not only embellished, but some of the words in his predictions were changed to suit a particular belief.

Recently this happened right after 9-11. An email was circulating with an edited version of one of his predictions to make it look like he was predicting what happened on that day. :screwloose

I do not know if there are any people here who believe or at least partly believe in his predictions but I hope we can have a discussion on it and see what others think. I'm not trying to spread lies if you think it is however he has made true predictions and among others he has predicted.

Do you believe what Nostradamus has predicted? If you would like my personal opinion I believe that he is correct as some things lead towards it however no one can be for sure. Nostradamus says that there are three Anti-Christs the last being the evilest and most vile of them all. Now Nostradamus lived in about 1500-1570 and he has so far correctly for told two of them. Now the Bible does not say three however, even so he has correctly predicted two very evil people who we might consider Anti-Christs but no Bible reference to this. His third prediction in which some believe is with us now and might come in time. Now we can cut out Marilyn Mason and all those others who "claim" to be one as the Bible states he will be of high power and will be loved by many. Now according to what Nostradamus says he will come from the Middle-East and this likely states that it could be someone high in power such as a Muslim leader. Now you may say that I am an evil person for saying this however he does say that tensions will be tense and that the war will stat in 1999 and seven months. Around that time tensions were heavily rising with foreign Middle-East countries and he also says "One day the sky will burn at 45 degrees" 45 degrees is near the Trade Center but he also claims the city would be destroyed which is believed that New York is yet to be destroyed.

Can we debate now?

Dear Eric, I believe there are more things to prophecy than predicting the future. The most important prophet before Jesus of Nazareth was Moses, the Hebrew from Egypt. I believe it's better to hear Moses, for if we hear Moses, we hear Christ, and Christ doesn't totally do away with all of the Mosaic law. But I think Nostradamus is so obscure it's false teaching to put much faith in any of his many prophecies or alleged predictions. In Erie PA Scott Harrington
PS We should not take Nostradamus seriously. I think your post is a bit funny (strange).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back