Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you suppose is the "mark of the beast"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is it something that has yet to come? And who gets anything put on their forehead? Might it be a bandana? Very strange. Here are a couple of verses from Revelations that discusses the "mark of the beast".

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9-10
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Mark-Of-The-Beast

You may not find many reading it either. Not a slam against your talents, but a definite caustic statement about Christian illiteracy. Most are convinced of their erroneous opinions and refuse correction.

People today don't read. I've published five books, several short stories and regular contributions to an onLine magazine. I've found most people, including professional types, don't read any more.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Can you provide any links to some of the materials that you've written that indicate your beliefs/understandings of scripture. Feel free to message them to me if you prefer.

[ACMP=announcement]
This thread will be locked for clean up. There are to many violations of the ToS.
[/ACMP]

[ACMP=reminder]
I have cleaned up this thread deleting many post that had nothing to do with the OP and some that were argumentative in nature causing division with misunderstanding each other. There will be no more arguing or going off topic or you will be banned from this thread. Respect each others points of views even if you disagree. Discuss the indifferences with scripture and act like mature adults or this thread will be closed permanently.

Please do not reply to this.
[/ACMP]

The use of marks on hand and head does not imply an actual literal tattoo or computer chip or other form of identification upon one's flesh. (Tattoos - actual marks on the flesh - are forbidden in Leviticus.) These descriptions are an abstract for ALLEGIANCE and ACTION. Every nation, every system and every religion demands these things. "I pledge my allegiance to the flag....", "I believe in one God the Father Almighty...", and "I owe you $X....". These are examples of allegiance fulfilled by action. Thus the mark of the beast or any institution in heaven or on earth implies allegiance and action.
Ezekiel 9 KJV
4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
A mark upon the forehead . It will not be the first time .

Reactions: JLB
This is NOT referring to an actual mark on the skin. Read your Bible. (1 Tim 2:15)

Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control. 1 Timothy 2:15

What does this have to do with the mark of the beast?

JLB

Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control. 1 Timothy 2:15

JLB
I notice that ridiculous off topic remarks like this are allowed, while appeals to scholarship and logic are CANCELLED.

What's the purpose of this topic anyway?

I notice that ridiculous off topic remarks like this are allowed, while appeals to scholarship and logic are CANCELLED.

What's the purpose of this topic anyway?

I posted the scripture you referenced, and asked how that it pertained to the mark of the beast, which is the thread topic.

Can you please explain how the scripture you referred to, 1 Timothy 2:15, relates to the mark of the beast?

JLB

What facts? You've stated nothing here except your own predilection to a private point of view.

The mark of the beast refers to ALLEGIANCE and ACTION, not actual writing or tattoos on the skin. Quoting snippets of scripture as religious slogans and buzz words does not qualify as study. Additionally, the Bible does NOT refer to a man as "the beast". The "beast" is a religious system as described in Revelation and interpreted by that same book.

Please read your Bible and toss your comic books. They do not serve anyone except the publisher of that trash.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Please cease with your combative and divisive posts.

Please.

Please just make a point that relates to thread subject and use scripture, written out that pertains to the subject.

Otherwise if you can’t follow the directive given by for_his_glory , then you may lose your privilege to post in this thread.

Thanks,

JLB

Additionally, the Bible does NOT refer to a man as "the beast". The "beast" is a religious system as described in Revelation and interpreted by that same book.

Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.
Revelation 13:11-18

• He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
  • And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast,
  • He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
  • Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

He, him, and his, refer to a man, not a system.

A religious system doesn’t make fire come down from heaven and perform signs and wonders to deceive.

JLB

Can you provide any links to some of the materials that you've written that indicate your beliefs/understandings of scripture. Feel free to message them to me if you prefer.
Why should I do so? Such references won't be accepted.

If you want to know what I believe and how I've arrived at my conclusions all you have to do is read my words.

My thoughts and beliefs are integrated into my posts (unless the moderator chooses to CANCEL/censor them thus increasing the confusion).

[We simply cannot allow people the freedom to arrive at their own conclusions can we? So we CANCEL and censor.]

The same is true for other posts here. All one has to do is read them to understand the almost total lack of comprehension on the part of those who write about religion. Their muddled thoughts and limited understanding is clearly revealed to anyone who reads them.

Case in point is the Bible itself. The words written there reveal the mind of heart of Almighty God. Censorship begins when humans, who believe themselves in a position to tell God and everyone else what He really meant, rephrase and reinterpret what is written. Jews established this abominable practice first followed by gentiles who do the exact same thing (as evidenced in these pages). Jesus had to deal with such fools continually. In the end they killed Him for His efforts. They still do.

It's not that difficult to understand.

The mark of the beast is not a physical object or writing upon the skin BECAUSE THE LAW FORBIDS IT. God would NEVER command or imply that which contradicts His LAW. Unfortunately Christians (and Jews) who subvert the LAW or ignore it completely are forced to invent their own interpretation thus arriving at false doctrine (doctrines of demons as the Bible calls them).

The beast is not a man as interpreted by the prophet Daniel, not some internet talking head or Christian novelist. Human-animal hybrids are a descriptive device which implies a system, a religion or a nation. In Revelation the sea beast is an international combination of two properties; system and religion. Revelation interprets its own statement when it says the "waters are peoples and nations and tongues". Thus the international quality of the religious system is established BY SCRIPTURE. The beast is an international religion NOT A MAN. READ THE BIBLE.

It amazes me how many pseudo-Christians refuse to study (1 Tim 2:15) and cling to their false doctrine as though it actually meant something. They would be better served if they abandoned their false ideology altogether.

Last edited:
Please cease with your combative and divisive posts.

Please.

Please just make a point that relates to thread subject and use scripture, written out that pertains to the subject.

Otherwise if you can’t follow the directive given by for_his_glory , then you may lose your privilege to post in this thread.

Thanks,

JLB
I DID make a definitive statement regarding the subject of this post. The fact remains that you falsely accuse me and reiterate your own ideas which are supported by nothing except threats.

I have threatened no one here, but have been constantly bullied by people like you. Is this the nature of free exchange of ideas - to squelch, to suppress, to falsely accuse, to censor, to CANCEL that which disagrees with religious propaganda?

You demand I make a point WHICH I DID. On the other hand, you haven't made any point except to threaten me. Is this the nature of Christian study and discipleship today? MY POINT has been proven by you. There is NO respect of scholarship when threats to censor are employed.

I made my point. Why can't you read it?

I submit that you will only allow that which agrees with limited understanding of the Bible, with endless false religious slogans and buzz words that are written by those who don't even understand their own words.

I REPEAT, the Beast is NOT A MAN.
The mark is NOT an actual physical emblem on the hands or head.

I REPEAT - read the Bible.

If it's wrong to recommend reading the Bible, then you really need to reexamine your religion - whatever that may be.

I DID make a definitive statement regarding the subject of this post.

I didn’t ask you to make a definitive statement.

I asked you to cease with the combative and divisive style of posting.

JLB

I REPEAT, the Beast is NOT A MAN.
The mark is NOT an actual physical emblem on the hands or head.

I REPEAT - read the Bible.

You can repeat all you want, but the beast in revelation 13, specifically the passages I quoted is a man, not a religious system.

Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

• He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
  • And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast,
  • He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
  • Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

A religious system doesn’t make fire come down from heaven and perform signs and wonders to deceive.

JLB

Why do you believe “he” refers to a system?

JLB

If it's wrong to recommend reading the Bible, then you really need to reexamine your religion - whatever that may be.

You gave this reference 1 Timothy 2:15.

I asked you how this passage relates to the mark of the beast?

JLB

I have threatened no one here, but have been constantly bullied by people like you. Is this the nature of free exchange of ideas - to squelch, to suppress, to falsely accuse, to censor, to CANCEL that which disagrees with religious propaganda?

I simply asked you to explain how 1 Timothy 2:15 relates to the thread topic.

Please, again, tone down your combative and divisive style of posting.

I submit that you will only allow that which agrees with limited understanding of the Bible, with endless false religious slogans and buzz words that are written by those who don't even understand their own words.

How is posting a passage from Revelation a buzz word?

Why do you believe he, him and his refer to a religious system.

JLB

JLB

Your reference to the land beast ignores the implication of the scripture itself.

The prophet DANIEL established the template for interpreting human-animal hybrids in scripture. They ALWAYS refer to; systems, religions or nations. The Bible interprets itself. USE IT.

In Revelation two of these properties are combined to describe the sea beast and the land beast. Revelation further defines the sea beast by saying it arises out of "peoples and nations and tongues". A man has two parents, not a multitude of them as most 6th grade students are aware. Thus the sea beast refers to an international religion based in the city of Rome.

The sea beast, the church of Rome, DOES INDEED support and magnify all manner of miracles and hocus pocus including but not limited to demon worship. Is the reader not aware of Vatican claims to miracles? Saints are RCC human agents that enact miracles and we are encouraged to worship them as demi-gods. Look it up. Educate yourself. Learn.

Horns on a beast, as defined by Daniel and Revelation, refer to leadership - either a single leader or a progression of leaders as expressed by multiple horns. In the case of the sea beast we see multiple horns - a progression of leaders commonly known as popes.

The land beast is limited in scope. It is limited to action and terrain. It isn't global. It's limited as to leadership. The land beast has only two horns indicative of the Republican and Democratic parties in America. No other nation has two-only leader parties. Some have only one while others have multiple parties as in a parliamentary system.

Additionally, the land beast supports the sea beast. The American Protestant church marches in lock-step with Vatican doctrines and ceremonial requirements. Its also obvious that when the American military uses drones, attack helicopters and high level bombers IT IS CALLING DOWN FIRE FROM THE SKY. The first instance in modern times when this phrase was actually used was when President Truman issued an ultimatum to Imperial Japan to surrender. Truman claimed he could call down fire from the sky upon Japan. (*) As we all know from history this is exactly what happened.

In the late 16th century Catholic Jesuit priest Francisco Ribera published a work called FUTURISM. [google it] In this book, the Catholic church established all the false doctrines about the End Times that American Protestants fanatically support today. Its purpose was to squelch, usurp and CANCEL all the rhetoric issued by the European Protestant Reformers concerning the End Times. Reformers opposed it. American Protestants embrace it. Where are the voices of the Reformers today? Censored by fanatics who accept without an ounce of Biblical examination what predictions in Daniel and Revelation have actually happened and what they imply. Instead they support future events that will NEVER HAPPEN because they are entirely fictional.

Thus the beast is not a man as the RCC would have us believe. According to Daniel and Revelation it's a religious system. The mark is indicative of ALLEGIANCE (mental acquiescence) and ACTIVE SUPPORT (physical obedience) of the system. We see both of these qualities demonstrated by American Protestants who link themselves to RCC doctrines and ceremonies. The only thing we don't see very often is a tattoo of the pope's likeness on the skin of gentiles. I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SUCH A THING. Tattoos are FORBIDDEN according to Leviticus 19:28.

Hope this clears things up. If you disagree, then study the Bible. Please do not quote religious slogans from the Vatican to support your theory. If you choose to bully me instead there isn't anything I can do about it. Cancel me or thoughtfully consider my words. That's all you can do.

(*)
If they do not now accept our terms they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth. - President Harry S. Truman

Last edited:
Thus the beast is not a man. It's a religious system.

Yes, I see you have stated this, but the scripture from Revelation 13 seems to teach us something different.

Where specifically is this “religious system” mentioned in the following passage?

• Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.

This contextual opening verse, refers to another beast, in which the word “he” is used and parabolically described him as a “lamb” (a reference to messiah) but when he spoke it was as a dragon,
(a reference to Satan, as thus the antichrist).

I simply asked you to explain how 1 Timothy 2:15 relates to the thread topic.

Please, again, tone down your combative and divisive style of posting.

My intent was to quote 2 Tim 2:15. My bad. I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing it out.

CL

Back