Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Do You Think That It Feels Like to Die?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Or people with supposed NDE.
When I'm asking this question I mean when you die in your earthly physically body. How much do you know? How much are you aware of? What happens to it physically? Do you see Jesus right away or does your soul stay inside your body until Christ returns to take everybody to Heaven with Him and physically resurrects bodies? I know that there is mixed opinions about the last part but yes I do believe you either go to Heaven instantly after you die because of this Bible verse. Luke 23:43.
this is a strange conversation to come across on my first day in over a week to be on this site. My brother passed away last Thursday and though I know he was saved I have been wrestling with this very question. Where did He go? What was it like? Was he instantly free of the bonds dementia tormented him with? Was he happy and young again and healthy? Did Jesus or angels greet him? Wwere our family members who went before him there to meet him? We're all my dogs there? Questions and more questions. And NO ONE has the answers.

I heard a story where a woman almost died and said she could feel her body stiffen. That's how close I came too a couple of years ago. I begged God for more time and for some purpose to glorify Him. So I would say a stiffening of the body unlike anything you've ever felt before precedes death.

this is a strange conversation to come across on my first day in over a week to be on this site. My brother passed away last Thursday and though I know he was saved I have been wrestling with this very question. Where did He go? What was it like? Was he instantly free of the bonds dementia tormented him with? Was he happy and young again and healthy? Did Jesus or angels greet him? Wwere our family members who went before him there to meet him? We're all my dogs there? Questions and more questions. And NO ONE has the answers.

Sorry to hear of your loss =(

It is true, we don't have all the answers, but we will know them one day. We can take comfort that those saved through Christ are safe in God's kingdom and no longer in any pain.

Aww,.. I'm really sorry to hear about your brother passing away. :crying I've had loved ones pass away before and it really is rough even though they were all saved. :sad Just know though that if it was a sin to cry, Jesus Himself wouldn't have done it. John 11:35.

Last edited:
Aww,.. I'm really sorry to hear about your brother passing away. :crying I've had loved ones pass away before and it really is rough even though they were all saved. :sad Just know though that it was a sin to cry, Jesus Himself wouldn't have done it. John 11:35.
Thank you. Why is it a sin to cry though? I would look up the verse but just got settled in on their couch, under a blanket, with my 70 lb. dog curled up on my feet! Seems like I read though somewhere in the gospels the short sentence, "Jesus wept." I think it was when He saw the widow wailing at the loss of her only son. Then Jesus raised him up.

I had a co-worker who had worked in a funeral home. He said he was working one night and a corpse sat up straight in his coffin. He quit immediately. He learned later the hip tendons contract causing some to partially sit up, but it was unusual for one to sit straight up. He also said never buy an expensive coffin because all of them have plywood bottoms no matter cheap or expensive.

Thank you. Why is it a sin to cry though? I would look up the verse but just got settled in on their couch, under a blanket, with my 70 lb. dog curled up on my feet! Seems like I read though somewhere in the gospels the short sentence, "Jesus wept." I think it was when He saw the widow wailing at the loss of her only son. Then Jesus raised him up.

Oops,.. I meant if it was a sin to cry. I just edited it. :)

I had a co-worker who had worked in a funeral home. He said he was working one night and a corpse sat up straight in his coffin. He quit immediately. He learned later the hip tendons contract causing some to partially sit up, but it was unusual for one to sit straight up. He also said never buy an expensive coffin because all of them have plywood bottoms no matter cheap or expensive.

I would never sleep again if that happened to me. :eek2

Back