Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What God Can Do For Me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I believe that a belief in God can have some very real tangible positive benefits for the individual. Man has always had an apparant need to have God or gods and many have wondered why. Those answers, in my opinion have to do with man's limitations and the belief that God or gods can help man overcome those limitations.

Believing in God will:

- add value to my self worth
- help validate me as an individual
- lend credibility to my morals and ideals
- give me a sense of comfort in a world filled with uncertainties
- be a source of peace

God can do anything He pleases with me.

He is my Creator; my Source, and my Provider for all things I require, both physical and spiritual.

He is my Intercessor, my Mediator, Saviour from my sin and shame; the Redeemer of my soul,
and the Almighty Spiritual Power working within me.

He knows my every thought. And when I call on Him, and He promptly answers!
He has promised me Life Eternal: escape from the coming cataclysm in which
He will righteously Judge this wicked world.

He has given me His Word to feed upon with understanding, enables me to trust in Him,
and causes me to please Him, which truly is my most ultimate pleasure!

TGBTG!

Believing in God will: - add value to my self worth - help validate me as an individual - lend credibility to my morals and ideals - give me a sense of comfort in a world filled with uncertainties - be a source of peace

One wonders if it is indeed God that is responsibile for the things listed above or can it be that it is a person's or a people's BELIEF in their god that adds these things to their lives..............

Can it be said that a person's faith is more involved in a person's outlook and fulfillment than the god the person places their faith in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that a belief in God can have some very real tangible positive benefits for the individual. Man has always had an apparant need to have God or gods and many have wondered why. Those answers, in my opinion have to do with man's limitations and the belief that God or gods can help man overcome those limitations.

Believing in God will:

- be a source of peace

I can see how this maybe can work for someone, but I don't need God to achieve either of those things.

Believing in God will:

- be a source of peace

I can see how this maybe can work for someone, but I don't need God to achieve either of those things.

Everyone is blessed when it rains.

One wonders if it is indeed God that is responsibile for the things listed above or can it be that it is a person's or a people's BELIEF in their god that adds these things to their lives..............

Can it be said that a person's faith is more involved in a person's outlook and fulfillment than the god the person places their faith in?

Good morning ToT! I have asked myself that very question many times. I must say I like the threads you make, they really get me thinking about my faith.
When I pray for help finding my keys or getting home from work safely I wonder which is more involved, and if the outcome would have been the same whether I prayed or not. Even the time I held my lifeless 4 year old in my arms and cried out to God "please don't let her die!". I'd like to think it was my prayer but to be honest I think the outcome would have been the same whether I had prayed that prayer or not. In less than 3 hours she developed a high fever which caused a seizure, which caused her to lose conciousness, eventually she recovered and is fine, thank the Lord. Afterwards, I asked myself what exactly am I thanking him for? So I'm not misunderstood, I was not asking in an ungrateful manner, quite the contrary, my motivation was wanting to understand more about just how God was involved, I was curious and wanted to learn. I think my prayer did more for me than my daughter, after all she will die someday, I just didn't want it to be that day. When I saw her have a seizure and go limp I was just a blabbering idiot who would have just pulled my hair out and banged my head against a wall. But, the moment I prayed to God peace came over me and I had the wherewithall to check for pulse and respiration, call my wife, and then 911. Did the peace come from my faith? The holy spirit? Some might even say it was neither. I believe the holy spirit is responsible, my faith just gives the holy spirit access to me.
As a result of examing that experience I learned I love Jesus. I had believed in him for some time, but as someone believes in a politician. I believed in his message, would campaign for him, would give money for him, even follow him as best I could. But it was like I met him in person that day. I felt like I knew him and he knew me, even had my daughter died that day. I learned I have a father in heaven who loves me and I love him.

When I pray for help finding my keys or getting home from work safely I wonder which is more involved, and if the outcome would have been the same whether I prayed or not. Even the time I held my lifeless 4 year old in my arms and cried out to God "please don't let her die!". I'd like to think it was my prayer but to be honest I think the outcome would have been the same whether I had prayed that prayer or not. In less than 3 hours she developed a high fever which caused a seizure, which caused her to lose conciousness, eventually she recovered and is fine, thank the Lord. Afterwards, I asked myself what exactly am I thanking him for? So I'm not misunderstood, I was not asking in an ungrateful manner, quite the contrary, my motivation was wanting to understand more about just how God was involved, I was curious and wanted to learn. I think my prayer did more for me than my daughter,
Powerful testimony Vaccine. The question of who prayer does more for is definitely one worth contemplating as well.

the belief that God or gods can help man overcome those limitations.

Not what the bible teaches.

Even demons believe in God and shudder, so how does there very real belief help them?

It is not a general belief that does anything but a personal faith in who and what Jesus has done that gives any benefit to the believer.

Sounds to me like you're saying that the power doesn't come from God but instead from the PERSON due to the faith they have.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back