Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Happened?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
Screenshot_20210822-174227.png

An Emoji devotions for Sun 22nd August, 2021

Topic: What Happened?

Highlight:

But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go , sir: and went not.
Matthew 21:28‭-‬30 KJV

A Christian is a born again believer of Jesus Christ. When anyone changes the game plan of being a Christian to being religious, then that person is not more doing the will of God. What are the game plan of being a Christian.

1. You are the salt for everyone on earth. But if salt no longer tastes like salt, how can it make food salty? All it is good for is to be thrown out and walked on.
Matthew 5:13

There are two different things between saying "No".and walking away. In the older days, a slap on the right cheek is a bad insult. So when someone slaps or insults you, our Lord Jesus asks us to walk away. Matthew 5:39. Hey I know this is not going to be easy but that is what the Lord commands us to do. If you truly wants to follow the game plan you have to obey God's command because as a believer of Christ, you are the salt of the whole earth, and you are supposed to be sweet as ever. So what happened to sweetness if Christians behave like the every other socialites? May God have mercy.

2. As a Christian, You are the light for the whole world. A city built on top of a hill cannot be hidden, and no one lights a lamp and puts it under a clay pot. Instead, it is placed on a lampstand, where it can give light to everyone in the house. Make your light shine, so others will see the good you do and will praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:14‭-‬16. If you cannot shine the light of Jesus Christ for others around to see as an example. What then is the evidence that you are obedient child of God.

3. If you are only kind to your friends, then you are not doing anything special. Even people who do not believe in God do that. So you must be good in every way, as your Father above is good in every way.’
Matthew 5:47‭-‬48

Let me stop here and go back to the question of the topic: "what happened?". Whatever you can do to go many miles for the sake of Christ . Do it.

When God called you from darkness to light for being a Christian, He did not call you to behave like everyone non-Christians. He called you to do be like Jesus His only son. Are you living up to the true meaning of your calling or you are just doing something else under the umbrella of Christianity? Pray to God to lead you to the right path and read the book of Matthew chapter 5 and 6 for more information about being a true child of God.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for your mercy and kindness to count me among your children. please Lord help me amend my ways in any way I have been disobedient to you and also let your grace be sufficient for me in all ways in Jesus name. Amen.

Back