Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What I Do Not Want to Do, I Do-Romans 7:15-20

dga

If you think, that it is only you, who struggle with sin as a Christian, you are not, but everyone of us, who is born from heaven, struggles with sin on a daily basis.

When we read Romans 7:15-20, we can see the struggle, Apostle Paul was having with sin. Some people say, that Paul was talking about his past, before he became a Christian, but when you read the verses, you can see plainly, that Paul was not talking in the past tense, but in the present tense. That is because he said that he want to do good, but does not do it, because he does the bad things, which he did not want to do. And also, he said very clearly, that it is not him who wants to do the wrong things, but it is sin in his body, which causes him to do the wrong things. So, even Apostle Paul was struggling with sin, daily. So, we are not very different from him, because we all struggle daily, with sin in our lives.

If Apostle Paul was struggling like that, so what about us? Of course, we struggle daily too, with trying to do the right things, and often, doing the wrong things, which we do not want to do, as Christians.

Apostle Paul says that he sees another law in his body, working against the Law of God, in his heart. And he says that when he does do the wrong things, it is not him who does it, but sin, or the sinful nature in his body, which does make him to sin.

We also have the sinful nature in our body, and although we are born again from the Holy Spirit, in our spirit, our body is not born again, and remains with the sinful nature in us. So we have always the daily choice of deciding what or who we want to follow, the sinful nature in our bodies, or the Holy Spirit, who is in our born again spirit. It is up to us. Even in the Epistle to the Galatians 5:17, Apostle Paul talks about the struggle in us, between what the Holy Spirit in us, wants us to do, in order to serve and obey God, and what the sinful nature in our bodies, wants to do, in order to cause us, to disobey God.

We can not find it as an excuse, that because we have the sinful nature in our bodies, so we do not have responsibility, if we do the wrong things or not. God has given us his Holy Spirit in us, and the Holy Spirit is the one who helps us, to fight against sin in our life, and to be able to conquer the sinful nature in us. It does not mean that we will never sin, no, we will sin, not because we want, but because, sometimes we fall into temptation, yet the Holy Spirit is in us, to help us do, what God requires.

God has provided us with everything necessary, for us to not do the wrong sinful things in our life, and to conquer the sinful nature in us, by the Holy Spirit in us, by his grace for us, by his Word, but it is up to us, if we want to follow the desire of the Holy Spirit in us, or the desire of the sinful nature in us. If we chose to obey the Holy Spirit in us, and the Word of God, we conquer the sinful nature in us, but if we chose to follow the desires of the sinful nature in us, especially when we are tempted by various circumstances in our life, and by challenging and difficult situation we face, then we will sin.

We as Christians, do want to obey the Holy Spirit in us, and the Word of God, but because of some difficult and challenging situations in our life, we sometimes, give in to temptation, and we sin.

May the Holy Spirit in us, help us to do always what he desires from us to do, so that we can live more for the glory of God, and for his Kingdom on earth.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We are all born with a sin nature and all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory, that's a fact. But, to those who are of Christ need to get up every morning and crucify this flesh and walk in the Spirit so we do not fulfill the lust of the flesh. No one has to sin like it's some kind of command to do so as it's a freewill choice to fall to the temptation to sin.

Even a Spiritually born again child of God will mess up at times as we are still mortal living in this fleshly body where the sin nature dwells. Grace does not give us a license to sin, but when we do we have an intercessor (Christ Jesus) before the Father who makes intercession for us and forgives our sin when we repent of them. There will always be a struggle between the flesh and the Spirit and sometimes the flesh will win the battle, but never the war.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But, if we wilfully sin then there is no more sacrifice for sins we commit as it will bring with it consequences brought upon our self.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Back