Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What Is being a Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think I just got my question answered from another thread.The Vietnam war.Did you ever go see the movie "Apocalypse Now" or did you want to stay away from it?

I think I just got my question answered from another thread.The Vietnam war.Did you ever go see the movie "Apocalypse Now" or did you want to stay away from it?
I saw it and except we did and do love our stetsons to this day, that movie was as much comedy to me and all vets of Vietnam as was the John Wayne movie, Green Berets. All of laughed ourselves stupid at that one and Apocalypse Now is as bad. There is one accurate film about Vietnam and that is, "We Were Soldiers Once." That one is even about the Black Bandits and the Killer Spades when the choppers are flying. Snake was the Black Bandits CO and Fletcher, just passed last year, was his copilot. What is not shown in that movie is that Snake and Fletcher were shot down four times that night and wounded multiple times but flew new ships in anyway. Just before Bush left office he awarded the Medal of Honor Ribbons that had sat on the presidents desk for over forty years to these great men for refusing to leave the Col. and his men to be eaten alive by the NVA.

If you go see it expect to be reviled because the Col. and Fletch had unlimited last say for accuracy making the film almost real. But do not walk out as some have thinking you know how horrible war is because until a person has walked that trail they know nothing... no to be rude, just a fact. Until I discovered Paul Hjenen blown into so many pieces I still had no idea after five months there, but I thought I did.

My Xhusbands cousin was a Green Beret.He was shot up pretty bad and never was quite the same.
That's true of every man and woman that served or lived in South Vietnam. To this day there is a part of Bill Taylor buried there. I often talk to other vets but there are parts that we all know better than to discuss. I loved Hienen more than one of my brothers or my mom and the night he passed away, a large part of me did also and there is no recovery from that until I see my LORD and hopefully, Paul Edgar Hienen. His mom, dad, brothers and sisters are from just down I-10 a hundred and fifty miles but I cannot face them because they would want to know and I would be honor bound to be truthful and all the truth would ever do is to inflict pain. There are things best left to be and these sort are left there by almost all of us to avoid the pain on both sides.

Yes, how we love each other (our brethren, our fellow Christ-ians) is how we are recognized by the world as Christ-ians, that we love each other as Christ loved and loves us. A Christ-ian (I spell it like this to sensitize us to what it is supposed to be) is someone who has received God's free gift of salvation through Jesus' blood and made Jesus Christ their Lord (God) and has set their hearts and minds on following Him to do God's will for their life daily. They are growing into the fullness of His love and THE blessing (Paul, Romans 15) and they study the Word and make it their final authority and will bind their lives to it and pattern themselves after it. They are the righteousness of God (Is 54, 2 Cor 5:17-21) and have the anointing, the same as Jesus. They are the same as Jesus is, now in this world (1 John 4:17).

You misunderstand im not talking about that kind of judgement im talking about unloving judgement. you can tell a person what they are doing is wrong and lead them to the right path but its not our place to cast judgement on others because of their sins because not only are we sinners too but thats Jesus job not ours we have to take the plank out of our own eyes
I agree with you. And this is the scary thing...... We often have the tendency to read our own wishes into verses never intended to mean what we manage to get squeezed into them through rationalizations and justifications of our preferences.

I won't go any farther into this, because it can induce argumentative responses, but I think you understand the intent of the verses we read, rather than the usage we sometimes put them to. That's a good thing to be aware of.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back