Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What Is God made Out Of?

Cheyenne K

A friend who is not a Christian was talking to me and shared her belief was that God was made out of energy and revealed Himself to people in various ways (various gods/religions). I argued that He was spirit and He created energy, thus it could not have made up Him if He created it. But is that correct? Could spirit simply be made out of energy? I'm a bit confused right now, so any help would be appreciated.

Other than being able to say that God is spirit--and spirit is whatever spirit is--we cannot and should not say anything more.

Cheyenne K said:
A friend who is not a Christian was talking to me and shared her belief was that God was made out of energy and revealed Himself to people in various ways (various gods/religions). I argued that He was spirit and He created energy, thus it could not have made up Him if He created it. But is that correct? Could spirit simply be made out of energy? I'm a bit confused right now, so any help would be appreciated.
CK,

In Jesus Christ we are given to look upon our God and our Father through his spiritual qualities.

He is light and love. Through the death of his Son, the Father draws us to him. We worship him in spirit and truth. This is the way he seeks for us to worship him. He is spirit and he has sent his son Jesus in visible form that we might be taught the truth. As we listen to his Son, Jesus of Nazareth, we hear the word of truth.

Energy is an empty way to think of our God and Father. Let us think upon him as the person he is, with a purpose in our creation and redemption by and through Jesus our Lord, his Son.

Joe

Does it matter? Who are we to question God? I think I shall refrain from speculation and just be happy He has not made with the smiting for any one of the various sins I got going against me!

energy has defined limitations. God doesnt , he a nature that he set limits on, but energy is one of his creations.

He is a spirit. He is the author of creation and of the very elements of the universe, therefore he precedes the elements and cannot be composed of them in the infinitive state of God.

God is a triune Spririt revealed to us as the Father, Son , and Holy Spirit.

At the event of Jesus, the Father = Spirit, the Son = Human, The Holy Spirit = Spirit

Presently thw Godhead is: the Father = Spirit, the Son = Spirit robed in a Glorified Human Body, The Holy Spirit = Spirit

As you can see, as God does not change in His character and attributes He has changed in His essence.

We don't know...energy has limits, God doesn't.

I think we wont know until we ask in person

This is not my belief, it is just something that popped into my head and I felt I ought to share it.

Matter seems to have limitations. Energy seems to have limitations. I can think of only one thing that has no limitations at all... ready?...

emotions.

Emotions have no limitations that I can think of, nor has anyone ever reached the limits of emotion. I know it sounds weird, but perhaps God is raw emotion. He is, in a very loose and figurative sense, Pandora's box. It almost makes sense... When I "tap" into God I feel so strongly. I feel love like never before. My emotions are amplified. Who knows...

...which is what it all ties back to. we can only speculate on what God is made of. What's the point? Nothing comes of pure speculation.

One thing I have noticed. Everyone keeps talking about "limitations". We are dealing with God here, not some science project. God created EVERYTHING. He hand crafted ever strand of DNA. We personally placed every electron of every atom. God has no limitations, and what is to say He can make energy limitless, if it so fits Him?

Pard said:
This is not my belief, it is just something that popped into my head and I felt I ought to share it.

Matter seems to have limitations. Energy seems to have limitations. I can think of only one thing that has no limitations at all... ready?...

emotions.

Emotions have no limitations that I can think of, nor has anyone ever reached the limits of emotion. I know it sounds weird, but perhaps God is raw emotion. He is, in a very loose and figurative sense, Pandora's box. It almost makes sense... When I "tap" into God I feel so strongly. I feel love like never before. My emotions are amplified. Who knows...

...which is what it all ties back to. we can only speculate on what God is made of. What's the point? Nothing comes of pure speculation.

One thing I have noticed. Everyone keeps talking about "limitations". We are dealing with God here, not some science project. God created EVERYTHING. He hand crafted ever strand of DNA. We personally placed every electron of every atom. God has no limitations, and what is to say He can make energy limitless, if it so fits Him?

Some emotion you just have to feel to express

Cheyenne K said:

I think the Bible explicitly says that God is Spirit. So the real question should be, "What is a spirit?" Can a spirit be converted to mass just like energy can? I'm not sure about that. There are definitely distinctions drawn between spirit and flesh.

There is another Bible passage which says that we live and move and exist within God. We could draw two conclusions from this: 1.) The universe is God or 2.) the universe is within God (i.e. encompassed by him). I tend to go with the latter since when people attempt to worship any part of the universe they are actually going against God. If the universe were God then worshiping it (e.g. worshiping the stars) would not be sin.

Packrat said:
Cheyenne K said:

I think the Bible explicitly says that God is Spirit. So the real question should be, "What is a spirit?" Can a spirit be converted to mass just like energy can? I'm not sure about that. There are definitely distinctions drawn between spirit and flesh.

There is another Bible passage which says that we live and move and exist within God. We could draw two conclusions from this: 1.) The universe is God or 2.) the universe is within God (i.e. encompassed by him). I tend to go with the latter since when people attempt to worship any part of the universe they are actually going against God. If the universe were God then worshiping it (e.g. worshiping the stars) would not be sin.
The mind connects the physical and spiritual realm. The physical realm can be manipulated by the spiritual through faith, this is how miracles and occult practices occur - paranormal manipulation of physics.

I vote (2) I say the universe exists within the spirit of God (who is everywhere), but God is much more magnificent than the universe, we worship the creator rather than the creature.

Back