Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What Is the Body of Christ?

Please quote my words where I said the Body of Christ is visible.
Your original post. #1
Not every member of such visible churches belongs to the Body of Christ.

Churches are visible. I agree. And not everyone in a visible church is born again and a member of the body of Christ which is an invisible Church.
The Body of Christ, sir, is both visible and invisible.
Physical and spiritual.

Your original post. #1
Not every member of such visible churches belongs to the Body of Christ.

Churches are visible. I agree. And not everyone in a visible church is born again and a member of the body of Christ which is an invisible Church.
The Body of Christ, sir, is both visible and invisible.
Physical and spiritual.
Right, that's what you said. But can you quote my words where I said that the Body of Christ is visible as you claimed that I said? I think we have a communication problem.

Right, that's what you said. But can you quote my words where I said that the Body of Christ is visible as you claimed that I said? I think we have a communication problem.
I already told you: you're original post #1, last paragraph, third sentence:

You said: "Not every member of such visible churches belongs to the Body of Christ."

I already told you: you're original post #1, last paragraph, third sentence:

You said: "Not every member of such visible churches belongs to the Body of Christ."
Right, I said: Not every member of such visible churches belongs to the Body of Christ.

From the above statement, you concluded that I said the Body of Christ is visible.

Are you not jumping to the conclusion?

Right, I said: Not every member of such visible churches belongs to the Body of Christ.

From the above statement, you concluded that I said the Body of Christ is visible.

Are you not jumping to the conclusion?
Those are your words, but I didn't need to jump. I understood exactly what you said.
And I agree.
Not everyone in the visible churches are members of the body of Christ. But today the body of Christ is a visible Church as well as invisible.
But let me clue you in on something. The original Church of God and His Christ was a physical body of covenant members in the desert when Israel left Egypt. They were called the "Great Congregation" in the Old Testament.
Over 3 million Hebrews in the desert surrounding the Tabernacle of God and they were visible. They were not invisible at the time for Christ had not yet come to His people Israel. But after the Advent of the Holy Spirit then the Church of God took on an invisible existence as over 3000 Jews were born again and baptized after Peter's sermon in Acts 2.
The Church of Christ did not begin on the Day of Pentecost. It is a continuation of what God began in the desert with Israel. After all, Christianity is Completed Judaism. Plain and simple.
But if you were to say the body of Christ is ONLY invisible then you'd be in error.
The Church of Jesus Christ today is made up of living and breathing born again human/physical believers. And everyone baptized into this body of Christ by the Holy Spirit are both in the visible and invisible body of Christ.

The church only has people who lay their lives down, here are some clues for it, in the path of Christ. ( I will continue from time to time, give some verses of what are the signs of somebody doing truth, and not talking emptiness instead.)

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Back