Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the Holy Ghost's name?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
StoveBolts said:
To consume or destroy? Where did you come up with that? It is the first letter of God's name and title of El Shaddai......Almighty God, or God Almighty.

Translate Genesis 2:7... Consume.. Destroy... God... it becomes very clear. (Strongs 5301 for a lighter version of the word) Keep in mind, the Hebrews thought in Verbs... We think in Nouns... It's not who God is, it's what God is... And God is neutral... copish?

Stove...no I don't understand....and I'm not quite sure you do either...with all due respect.....what in the world are you talking about?

You referred to my "Avatar"......which is the Hebrew letter "Shin".

Look up the Hebrew for the verse below...."Almighty" is "Shaddai". "Shaddai" starts with "S" which looks like a "W" in Hebrew....

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I [am] the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

unto him, I [am] the Almighty [07706] Shadday
God; [0410] 'el

If you look up the Hebrew spelling of "Shaddai" you will find the "S" is the very "avatar" under my call name.....

Your reference verse of Gen 2:7 has nothing to do with the term "God Almighty"...perhaps you have my post confused with someone elses...

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Has nothing to do with El Shaddai.......

Solo said:
Georges said:
Solo said:
The Holy Ghost's name is Jehovah, just as God the Father and God the Son.

God is Jehovah.
Jesus' name is Jehovah?
Spirit's name is Jehovah?

Interesting conversation they must have between themselves...when asked a question do all three respond?

I once coached a soccer team that had 5 Mike's on it.....when I hollered out "Mike"...they all would ask "Which One?". To which I would always respond...."The one I'm looking at".....

Is it that type of situation?.....

Solo....do you really think they have the same name?
I know they have the same name. I was confirmed a Lutheran before I was saved. When I was a Lutheran I did not believe that Jesus was God. Now that I am saved, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus is God.

When I was a Lutheran...you couldn't convince me that Jesus wasn't God....You are the first Lutheran I have ever met that thought they (Father, Son, and HS) all had the same name......You are also the first Lutheran I've ever heard of who didn't think Jesus was God....so I have to doubt your story... I will stand corrected if any other Lutheran posts and say they "As a Lutheran" didn't/don't believe that Jesus is God....

As for me, after weighing all of the evidence....very meticulously and objectively, I've come to the only conclusion possible....Jesus isn't God, he is The Son of God, but he can be percieved as God by the Jewish "Law of Agency" and therefore satisfy's the requirement of the "Jesus as God" perception that trinitarian Christians need.

Because Jesus was not God, does that negate what Jesus had done?

Absolutely not....

Your reference verse of Gen 2:7 has nothing to do with the term "God Almighty"...perhaps you have my post confused with someone elses...

Who created man?

Again, it's not who God is, it's what God is...

StoveBolts said:

Who created man?

Again, it's not who God is, it's what God is...

Urgh..... :roll:

Stove....you attacked the "Avatar" I use....for some reason you are dancing around the facts I'm presenting to you ....Please just come out and say..."OK the Shin Represents the S in Shaddai" and let's move on....

The "avatar" I use is a Hebrew Letter "Shin".....Fact
The "Shin" looks like the english "W"......Fact
The "Shin" is the Hebrew equivalent of the english "S".....Fact
The "Shin" is the Hebrew letter on the Tefillin that Hasidic Jews were on thir forehead.....Fact.
The "Shin" is the Hebrew letter that is formed when the leather strap is wrapped around the forearm and hand of the praying Hasidic Jew....Fact.
The "Shin" is the Hebrew letter that is found on the Mezuzah that contain required scripture and are found on the doorframes of the Jewish houses...Fact.

But let's put the subject of the"avatar" to rest......

From the http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com article on Tefillin:

....The box containing the head-phylactery has on the outside the letter ש, both to the right (with three strokes: ש) and to the left (with four strokes: ש; Men. 35a; comp. Tos., s.v. "Shin"; probably as a reminder to insure the correct insertion of the four Biblical passages); and this, together with the letters formed by the knots of the two straps, make up the letters of the Hebrew word "Shaddai" ( = "Almighty," one of the names of God; Men. 35b; Rashi, s.v. "Ḳesher").

Please no more goofy dancing around...with unrelated scripture....

Sorry about the frustration, but your jumping around without reason reminds me of the John the Baptists posts....with all due respect.

Georges said:
Solo said:
Georges said:
Solo said:
The Holy Ghost's name is Jehovah, just as God the Father and God the Son.

God is Jehovah.
Jesus' name is Jehovah?
Spirit's name is Jehovah?

Interesting conversation they must have between themselves...when asked a question do all three respond?

I once coached a soccer team that had 5 Mike's on it.....when I hollered out "Mike"...they all would ask "Which One?". To which I would always respond...."The one I'm looking at".....

Is it that type of situation?.....

Solo....do you really think they have the same name?
I know they have the same name. I was confirmed a Lutheran before I was saved. When I was a Lutheran I did not believe that Jesus was God. Now that I am saved, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus is God.

When I was a Lutheran...you couldn't convince me that Jesus wasn't God....You are the first Lutheran I have ever met that thought they (Father, Son, and HS) all had the same name......You are also the first Lutheran I've ever heard of who didn't think Jesus was God....so I have to doubt your story... I will stand corrected if any other Lutheran posts and say they "As a Lutheran" didn't/don't believe that Jesus is God....

As for me, after weighing all of the evidence....very meticulously and objectively, I've come to the only conclusion possible....Jesus isn't God, he is The Son of God, but he can be percieved as God by the Jewish "Law of Agency" and therefore satisfy's the requirement of the "Jesus as God" perception that trinitarian Christians need.

Because Jesus was not God, does that negate what Jesus had done?

Absolutely not....
Oh, don't doubt my story. I have no reason to lie to you. I do not attend a Lutheran church now. I was not a believer when I belonged to the Trinity Lutheran Church in Fowler, Colorado. I did not believe that Jesus was God when I was a member their. I became a believer many years later when I heard the gospel in a Southern Baptist church in Colcord, Oklahoma. After becoming a believer, I came to know that Jesus is God. It wasn't a difficult fact to accept. It was within me.

It is interesting to me that those that do not believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit is not God, believe that they are agents of God in some way. They do not know exactly how, but in their imagination they have answered the question to the point where they are comfortable in their knowledge of God to quash the fact of Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God. They do not know how or why, they just know it is so. It is easier to have faith in God to understand that before creation, God the Father was present, God the Spirit was present, and God the Son (Word) was present. And each of these decided as one what would be created and how. Nothing was created apart from the Word (Jesus) nor was anything created apart from the Holy Spirit.

If you can not comprehend or understand the personage of God, then I would definitely examine yourself for a position as a child of God.

Actually George, I didn't attack your avatar, I simply wanted to know how you viewed it. From that, it is very clear on why view the Holy Spirit in the manner that you do.

Thank you.

George said:

Sorry about the frustration, but your jumping around without reason reminds me of the John the Baptists posts....with all due respect.

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not :wink: LOL

With all this Jewish knowledge you hold, do you not know that the jews viewed and described items as action, not static? The language itself is verb oriented, not noun oriented. How many names does God have in the Jewish Language? Is he simply God Almighty?

Question: "What are the different names of God and what do they mean?"

Answer: EL: God "mighty, strong, prominent" (Genesis 7:1; Isaiah 9:6)

ELOHIM: God “Creator, Mighty and Strong†(Genesis 17:7; Jeremiah 31:33)

EL SHADDAI: “God Almighty or†"God All Sufficient" (Genesis 49:24; Micah 2:1)
ADONAI: “Lord†(Genesis 15:2; Judges 6:15)

YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH: “LORD†(Deuteronomy 6:4; Daniel 9:14)

YAHWEH-YIREH: "The Lord will Provide" (Genesis 22:14)

YAHWEH-ROPHE: "The Lord Who Heals" (Isaiah 61:1)
YAHWEH-NISSI: "The Lord Our Banner" (Exodus 17:15)
YAHWEH-M'KADDESH: "The Lord Who Sanctifies" (Leviticus 20:8)
YAHWEH-SHALOM: "The Lord Our Peace" (Judges 6:24)
YAHWEH-ELOHIM: "LORD God" (Genesis 2:4; Psalms 59:5)
YAHWEH-TSIDKENU: "The Lord Our Righteousness†(Jeremiah 33:16)
YAHWEH-ROHI: "The Lord Our Shepherd" (Psalms 23:1)
YAHWEH-SHAMMAH: "The Lord is There†(Ezekiel 48:35)
YAHWEH-SABAOTH: "The Lord of Hosts" (Isaiah 1:24; Psalms 46:7)

EL ELYON: “Most High" (Deuteronomy 26:19)
EL ROI: "God of Seeing" (Genesis 16:13)
EL-OLAM: "Everlasting God" (Psalms 90:1-3)
EL-GIBHOR: “Mighty God†(Isaiah 9:6)

When you view the OT, it is best to view it as the Jews did... God is not, God is...

Do I still confuse you?

StoveBolts said:
Actually George, I didn't attack your avatar, I simply wanted to know how you viewed it. From that, it is very clear on why view the Holy Spirit in the manner that you do.

Thank you.

George said:

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not :wink: LOL

With all this Jewish knowledge you hold, do you not know that the jews viewed and described items as action, not static?

The name El Shaddai is both....a descriptive name, and action.

The language itself is verb oriented, not noun oriented. How many names does God have in the Jewish Language? Is he simply God Almighty?

I agree with that...

Question: "What are the different names of God and what do they mean?"

Answer: EL: God "mighty, strong, prominent" (Genesis 7:1; Isaiah 9:6)

ELOHIM: God “Creator, Mighty and Strong†(Genesis 17:7; Jeremiah 31:33)

EL SHADDAI: “God Almighty or†"God All Sufficient" (Genesis 49:24; Micah 2:1)
ADONAI: “Lord†(Genesis 15:2; Judges 6:15)

YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH: “LORD†(Deuteronomy 6:4; Daniel 9:14)

YAHWEH-YIREH: "The Lord will Provide" (Genesis 22:14)

YAHWEH-ROPHE: "The Lord Who Heals" (Isaiah 61:1)
YAHWEH-NISSI: "The Lord Our Banner" (Exodus 17:15)
YAHWEH-M'KADDESH: "The Lord Who Sanctifies" (Leviticus 20:8)
YAHWEH-SHALOM: "The Lord Our Peace" (Judges 6:24)
YAHWEH-ELOHIM: "LORD God" (Genesis 2:4; Psalms 59:5)
YAHWEH-TSIDKENU: "The Lord Our Righteousness†(Jeremiah 33:16)
YAHWEH-ROHI: "The Lord Our Shepherd" (Psalms 23:1)
YAHWEH-SHAMMAH: "The Lord is There†(Ezekiel 48:35)
YAHWEH-SABAOTH: "The Lord of Hosts" (Isaiah 1:24; Psalms 46:7)

EL ELYON: “Most High" (Deuteronomy 26:19)
EL ROI: "God of Seeing" (Genesis 16:13)
EL-OLAM: "Everlasting God" (Psalms 90:1-3)
EL-GIBHOR: “Mighty God†(Isaiah 9:6)

I agree with these.....they are both a descriptive name and action.

When you view the OT, it is best to view it as the Jews did... God is not, God is...

Absolutely agree....

Do I still confuse you?

Thank you for posting the above.....If it wasn't an attack (and I meant that in a mild way), I apologize. And the quote about J the B is just a little frustration at your posting style....to me it was kind of willy nilly....With this last post...I grasped what you are getting at....

However, you are making more out of the "shin" than needs to be....basically, I use it because of the connection with the 144000 of Revelation...as Bible prophecy is my learning passion.

Please answer these simple questions..........

1. Does "El Shaddai" translate as "God Almighty", or "Almighty God"?
2. Is the "S" in Shaddai the Hebrew letter "Shin"?
3. Is the Hebrew letter "Shin" the same as what my "avatar" is?

The "Shin" represents God's action descriptive name of El Shaddai.

anyway...this is way off the subject of the HS wouldn't you agree?

Hello George,
I am glad that you are a resonable man. Thank you.

Actually, it does have to do with the name of the H.S. Each name is an expression of God.

Sorry I'm in such a hurry today, but in Gen 2:7, I'm left asking the question, Does God have a breath? Or is he Tthe Breath?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Sorry, gotta run. I don't like leaving it like this... busy today.

regards,
Jeff

Back