Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the pillar and ground of truth!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It is written..."But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." (1 Tim 3:15)

Do you have BibleGateway.com on your computer?
It is a quick way to answer questions like yours.

It is written..."But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." (1 Tim 3:15)

Do you have BibleGateway.com on your computer?
It is a quick way to answer questions like yours.
Yes I do and I know the answer before I ask it
So why do fundamentalists say it is the “Bible alone”

Yes I do and I know the answer before I ask it
So why do fundamentalists say it is the “Bible alone”
The bible is the only unassailable source of authority on earth now.
It is inspired by God and available to all who will need it.
Prophets and pastors can be proven or disproven by the written word.

The bible is the only unassailable source of authority on earth now.
It is inspired by God and available to all who will need it.
Prophets and pastors can be proven or disproven by the written word.
Only the apostles have the authority of Christ to teach without error

Without the apostles you cannot even know what scripture is!

For example:

Is Daniel 13 scripture?

For example:

Is Daniel 13 scripture?
If I teach what the apostles taught, am I not teaching "without error"?

There is no Daniel 13.

If I teach what the apostles taught, am I not teaching "without error"?

There is no Daniel 13.
No Dan 13 how do you know?
It was scripture for a Thousand years until the “tradition of men” under king James with no authority decided against it!

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

This discussion was obviously not intended to just get Christian answers but rather debate those answers. Therefore, I have moved it to the Theology forum.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27
That refers to morals and conscience not doctrine
Matt 28:18 teach
Lk 1:4 must be instructed

That refers to morals and conscience not doctrine
Matt 28:18 teach
Lk 1:4 must be instructed

It’s about teaching the truth.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ
The Commandments of Jesus Christ
The Doctrine of Jesus Christ

That is how the New Covenant works, whereby we are taught by the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth, who leads us and guides us into all truth.

If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. John 14:15-17

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. John 16:13-14

JLB

It’s about teaching the truth.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ
The Commandments of Jesus Christ
The Doctrine of Jesus Christ

That is how the New Covenant works, whereby we are taught by the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth, who leads us and guides us into all truth.

If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. John 14:15-17

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. John 16:13-14

JLB
That my friend only applies to those who have the “office” of apostle
Then they are to teach us matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 8

That my friend only applies to those who have the “office” of apostle
Then they are to teach us matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 8

No sir.

The anointing we have as born again Christians, teaches us all things.

Whether the doctrine or commandments written on our heart, the anointing teaches us all things.

• the same anointing teaches you concerning all things

JLB

No sir.

The anointing we have as born again Christians, teaches us all things.

Whether the doctrine or commandments written on our heart, the anointing teaches us all things.

• the same anointing teaches you concerning all things

JLB
Then explain matt 28:19-20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you (the apostles)???

Then explain matt 28:19-20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you (the apostles)???

Yes the Apostles were to teach what Christ taught them.

Christ didn’t teach that Popes or Cardinals rule from a place called the Vatican.

Christ didn’t teach them to pray to Mary.

There would come a day when the Apostles would not be able to teach all the growing Church all over the world.

Matthew 28 doesn’t say that the apostles were the only way the teachings of Christ would be taught to the Church.

Jesus never authorized the Apostles to change what He taught.

JLB

And all these

G
Obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

God always establishes order in the obedience to hierarchical authority!

Must be taught by Christ! Gal 1:2

Taught By the apostles! Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 8

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers

Yes the Apostles were to teach what Christ taught them.

Christ didn’t teach that Popes or Cardinals rule from a place called the Vatican.

Christ didn’t teach them to pray to Mary.

There would come a day when the Apostles would not be able to teach all the growing Church all over the world.

Matthew 28 doesn’t say that the apostles were the only way the teachings of Christ would be taught to the Church.

Jesus never authorized the Apostles to change what He taught.

JLB
The church always taught the one same deposit of faith given from Christ to the apostles eph 4:5 one faith Jude 1:3 thee faith

Back