Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the pillar and ground of truth!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And all these

G
Obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

God always establishes order in the obedience to hierarchical authority!

Must be taught by Christ! Gal 1:2

Taught By the apostles! Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 8

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers
Power and authority is given to us by the grace of God to carry on the same commission that the original Disciples were given by the power and authority of God to take his word out into the world.

Part of being a disciple of Jesus is making more disciples to further His word in every nation until the coming of Christ Jesus.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Go ye therefore started with the first Disciples of Christ who went out and made many more disciples and so forth and so fourth as even today until the return of Christ.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Power and authority is given to us by the grace of God to carry on the commission of God to take his word out into the world, just as was given first to the Disciples of Christ who witnessed and testified of Him and now given to as many who will call upon His name. Authority is what gives us the power to teach the doctrines of Christ (not the doctrines of man who love to teach a different gospel) no matter what other teachings comes against his word as we are Gods influence in the world as his Spirit works in us and through us to let that light of Christ shine out to the world.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

There is nothing of our self apart from God that we can do. It is only God by His Holy Spirit that anoints us and sends us out into the world as He did His first disciples in order to make disciples in every nation.

Christian obedience or spiritual anarchy of the Protestants
It's not about Catholic vs Protestant, but about the truth of the Gospels being taught by the Holy Spirit working through those that are Spiritually anointed to do so.

It wasn't God who brought the confusion of all the different religions into the world. It was man changing the word of God to justify themselves into believing the lies of Satan.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

The pillar is God who gave to Christ Jesus what to say and do being grounded in all truths as we are to be without division being united as one in the knowledge of the Lord.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
The church has authority from Christ to teach all nations without error Jn 16:13 matt 28:19

The successors of the apostles (bishops and priests they ordain) have power to fit give sins Jn 20:21-23

Vicar of Christ!

It is Christ ruling his one true church thru Peter and his successors with the apostles and thier succcessors united together!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Authority of the Apostles!

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

The church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
The church has authority from Christ to teach all nations without error Jn 16:13 matt 28:19

The successors of the apostles (bishops and priests they ordain) have power to fit give sins Jn 20:21-23

Vicar of Christ!

It is Christ ruling his one true church thru Peter and his successors with the apostles and thier succcessors united together!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Authority of the Apostles!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42
The true church is the body of Christ with He being the head of the body. The true Church of Christ is not the Roman Catholic Church or any Protestant Church. Ephesians 4:11-16; 5:23.

It is not the doctrines of the Apostles, but the doctrines of Christ that were given to the Apostles first who in turn taught all of us that Christ gave them to teach. We are called and anointed by the Holy Spirit to spread the good news of the Gospel of God's mercy and grace.

You can not make it all about the Roman Catholic Church vs. Protestant Churches as God does not recognize any organized religions. One Lord, one Faith, one Baptism. One word, but many twisted interpretations.

Christian obedience or spiritual anarchy of the Protestants
Christian obedience in following the Doctrines of Christ or of the Roman Catholics, JW, Mormons, Hindus, Muslims, Buddha so forth so forth as each one thinks they have spiritual authority from the gods they serve.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

The true church is the body of Christ with He being the head of the body. The true Church of Christ is not the Roman Catholic Church or any Protestant Church. Ephesians 4:11-16; 5:23.

It is not the doctrines of the Apostles, but the doctrines of Christ that were given to the Apostles first who in turn taught all of us that Christ gave them to teach. We are called and anointed by the Holy Spirit to spread the good news of the Gospel of God's mercy and grace.

You can not make it all about the Roman Catholic Church vs. Protestant Churches as God does not recognize any organized religions. One Lord, one Faith, one Baptism. One word, but many twisted interpretations.
That one faith is the catholic faith
The sacred deposit of faith Jude 1:3

Christ founded the church the Christian religion

Christian obedience in following the Doctrines of Christ or of the Roman Catholics, JW, Mormons, Hindus, Muslims, Buddha so forth so forth as each one thinks they have spiritual authority from the gods they serve.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
There can only be one true God and one true church

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

We can agree there is only one true God, But the Roman Catholic Church is not the true church as Christ is not the head of that body, but only the head of all who by faith believe in Him and know His doctrines for what He has already taught us. Acts 7:48-49. God no longer dwells in temples made by hand.

Here is the hierarchy of God's true church and has nothing to do with denominations/non-denominations.

1Cor 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Cor 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Cor 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Cor 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Cor 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Religion tells you what you can and cannot do and becomes socially acceptable by mans interpretations, traditions and doctrines. Religion is what nailed Christ to the cross because the Bible is not socially acceptable to society, if it were then Christ would have died in vain. God is not about mans religion, nor does he recognize religion. God is about a personal relationship with you and His son Jesus Christ.

John 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 the same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 in him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 and the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

So you are saying that those who are not part of the rcc are not Christian.
There is no only one!
One savior
One new covenant
One church
Jn 10:16 matt 18:18-19

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Yes I do and I know the answer before I ask it
So why do fundamentalists say it is the “Bible alone”
For me because of the testimony of Jesus concerning the Word,
It's fulfilled prophecies ,
The perfect unity of it,
The soundness of it's doctrines,
The character it produces in those who accept it, as compared with the character of those who reject it,
And lastly because of the testimony of the transformed Soul, I rejoice in it's message of God to all people .

" Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet ." ( Psalm119:105 )

There is no only one!
One savior
One new covenant
One church
Jn 10:16 matt 18:18-19

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Please answer the question, don't try as you are to dodge the issue.

Let me be plain. the teachings of the rcc are pagan, in the worship of Isis, Mary the mother of God.

So in the view of the rcc and you are people who belong to protestant churches Christian?

For me because of the testimony of Jesus concerning the Word,
It's fulfilled prophecies ,
The perfect unity of it,
The soundness of it's doctrines,
The character it produces in those who accept it, as compared with the character of those who reject it,
And lastly because of the testimony of the transformed Soul, I rejoice in it's message of God to all people .

" Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet ." ( Psalm119:105 )
I’m not opposed to the word but of only the doctrine “the Bible alone” we cannot limit the word to the Bible alone

Please answer the question, don't try as you are to dodge the issue.

Let me be plain. the teachings of the rcc are pagan, in the worship of Isis, Mary the mother of God.

So in the view of the rcc and you are people who belong to protestant churches Christian?
The rcc only and Christ only allows God to receive worship adoration

There are no Protestant churches only sects

How do you know who is a member the " one true church " ?
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)
The church is the ark of salvation!

Are you speaking of not limiting the " word " in terms of " written " word , as in black ink on white paper ?
Please clarify ?
Scripture and tradition
The church is also God breathed Jn 20:21-23
The church is the official teacher of Christians since Christ ascended and all doctrine must be proposed by the apostles for belief matt 28:19
Lk 1:3 the word came into John in the wilderness
How did it come by the Bible?
1 cor 11:23 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you

Back