Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the REPORT to BELIEVE in, of the arm of the Lord revealed, what is the WORK to BELIEVE in ? Isaiah 53:1. Habakkuk 1:5.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

gordon777

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

Habakkuk 1:5Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

Christ begins by showing this time is fulfilled, of the kingdom of God to be at hand, and to repent and believe the gospel.

Jesus chastises the disciples for not believing those who had seen Christ after He was risen from the dead.

Jesus confirms this is the belief to be had by all, and that they who do not believe, ( in HIs rising) shall be damned...

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mark 16:14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

As Jesus had said to repent and to believe the gospel, Jesus shows the gospel testifies, of what to believe and to be saved. ( by not letting the devil take the word out of your heart.)

Others do believe, and it is for a while, until they fall away.

Jesus corrected the disciples for not believing all that the prophets had spoken. ( the testimony of His death and resurrection.)..

Luke 8:12Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Luke 8:13They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Johns testimony of Christ begins with the life that is in Him.

John testifies of those wo believe in HIs name, which are born of God. ( Christ to be in you, and the body to be dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Romans 8:10)

Many believed in the name of Christ, but Jesus did not commit Himself unto them.

Jesus testified how those who believe on Him are not condemned, to believe on the name of the only BEGOTTEN Son of God.

This is the light that came into the world, for them to come to the light for their deeds to be reproved, and made manifest to be made in God.

Jesus testified that they who believe on the Son have everlasting life/to see life.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.
24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Jesus continued how they who hear HIs word, believe on who sent Him, to have everlasting life, by passing from death, unto life.

( hearing HIs word) and they who have done good, unto the resurrection of life, as opposed to those who do evil, to the resurrection of damnation.

The work of God is to believe on who God sent.

Jesus testified he that believes on Christ never thirsts.

The will of Him who sent Christ, for everyone who sees the Son and believes on Him to have everlasting life.

Jesus said he who believes on Him has everlasting life.

Jesus showed how according to the scriptures testimony, he who believes on Christ, out of HIs belly would flow rivers of living water.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Jesus testified again, He is the light of the world, and they who follow Him have the light of life.

Jesus told the Jews who believed, if they continue in HIs word, then they would indeed be HIs disciples, to know the truth, for the truth to make them free.

Jesus told the Jews they did not believe in Him as HIs sheep believe, who hear HIs voice, who follow Him, and He gives unto them eternal life.

Jesus testified how He is the resurrection and the life, and for those who believe in Him, who were dead, that they shall live.

Jesus testifies to Israel, that while they had light, to believe in the light, to be the children of light.

Jesus said that they who see Him, see Him who sent Him. Jesus had come a light into the world, that whosoever should believe on Him should not remain in darkness...

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Jesus testifies to HIs disciples, that they believe in God, now they had to believe in Christ. Jesus told them He was going away from them to prepare a place for them, to come again and receive them to Himself, to be where He is.

Jesus tells where the place is, that He is the way, the truth and the life, to come to the Father by Him.

Jesus tells of the Spirit of truth, to reprove the world of sin. ( sin is when there is no belief in the Son)

Jesus testifies how they are blessed, who have not seen, yet have believed. ( this is faith)

These things are written, that we might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, ( the only begotten of the dead/this day have I begotten thee.) and by believing to have life through HIs name...

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Apostle Paul now begins testifying the fulfilment of the scriptures, of the work no man would believe, ( of Israel) though a man declared it to them.

Paul tells how the righteousness ( for Abraham) would be imputed to us also, if we believed on Him who rose up Jesus our Lord from the dead.

We are to be dead with Christ, and believe we shall also live with Him.

Knowing Christ being raised, dies no more, He died unto sin once, and lives unto God, for us to be also dead unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Confessing the Lord Jesus, believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead/to be saved. ( with the heart man believes unto righteousness.)

Paul continues, that not all have obeyed the gospel, so then, ( to obey the gospel) faith comes by hearing, hearing is by the word of God...

Acts 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Romans 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Paul testifies the foolishness of preaching ( of the cross) saves those who believe. ( in the cross of Christ.)

Preaching Christ crucified, unto those who are called, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

( charity) is what believes ALL THINGS, hopes and ENDURES ALL THINGS.

We are saved, IF we keep in memory what Paul preached to us, or we would have believed only in VAIN.

We trust after we heard the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation, and when believed were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise. ( keeping in memory the promise/testimony, to not have believed in vain.)...

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Paul tells about the man of sin ( no belief) of all who instead believe in a lie, ( by not believing in the truth) and having pleasure in unrighteousness.

Paul tells why he obtained mercy of God, that in him FIRST, Jesus Christ might show a PATTERN of ALL LONGSUFFERING, to them who should believe on Christ to life everlasting.

Paul says this is faithful, to constantly confirm that they who have believed in God, to be CAREFUL, to maintain good works, it is goo and profitable. ( to them)

Paul exhorts how the just live by faith, but that God will have no pleasure in them if they draw back, as that is to perdition, when we believe to the saving of the soul.

Without this faith we cannot please God, for if we come to God we MUST BELIEVE that God is, and that He is a rewarder ( only) of them that DILLIGENTLY SEEK HIM....

2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The other apostles exhort how if we believe there is one God, we are to not be a vain man by not knowing that faith without works is dead.

By Christ we believe in God, who raised Him from the dead, giving Him glory, so our faith is in God. ( in hope)

We believe He is precious, when we are not as those who are disobedient. ( believe the stone disallowed, BECAME the head of the corner.)

John continued from the gospel, how the life was manifested, and they saw it, to bear witness, showing unto us that eternal life, which was with the Father, and became manifested to them.

John tells of the commandment of God, to believe on the name of HIs Son Jesus Christ, ( in Him was life) and love one another, as the Son gave us commandment form the Father.

This is knowing and believing the love God had for us, that God is love, and if we dwell in love we dwell in God, and God in us.

If we believe in the Son of God, we have the witness in ourselves, the record that God gave of HIs Son. The record of eternal life, and this life is in HIs Son. To have the Son is to have life, these things John wrote to those who believe on the name of the Son of God, to know they have eternal life, ( to have the Son is to have life) that WE MAY BELIEVE ON THE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD.

Jude finishes off by putting us in remembrance, how the Lord did save the people ( of Israel) out of the and of Egypt, but afterwards, had to DESTROY THOSE WHO BELIEVED NOT...

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1 Peter 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

If anyone has any scriptures left out how to be saved/belief in Jesus Christ, please go ahead and tell what you believe in.

Back