Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What keeps you up at night?

Hey there!

I know that questions and frustrations abound... even with us as believers in Jesus! ::)::
What keeps you up at night... what questions just keep going around and around in your head?

Please Click on this survey monkey link and share your thoughts. Takes less than 5 minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X3Z378T

I am a minister and a people helper and I am gathering information to help people even more.

Thanks for sharing!
You're the Best!!! :coke

It all depends what is going on when my head hits the pillow.I am very sensitive to adrenalin.If I have it flowing through me when I go to bed......forget it.I might as well get up and read somemore.I think it is important to get off of that computer,off that cell phone,and turn off that television about an hour before you go to bed and just wind down.

What keeps me up a night? The HEAT. Gosh it's so frigging warm in here there's no way I could possibly sleep. Darn it.

The heat is a big one for me.I have to be in a very dark and quiet room.Also a cool room.
Yeah cool is important!! Seems it's cooling down a bit right now.

Silence isn't so important. But if there is noise it would have to be something monotonous (like a constant flow of cars in a street, raindrops, law mowers, birds, wind, calm music), sometimes listening to something actually helps me fall asleep because it keeps my mental demons away.

Yeah cool is important!! Seems it's cooling down a bit right now.

Silence isn't so important. But if there is noise it would have to be something monotonous (like a constant flow of cars in a street, raindrops, law mowers, birds, wind, calm music), sometimes listening to something actually helps me fall asleep because it keeps my mental demons away.
I have been to the beach on vacation and staying right on the beach.The sound of the ocean will put me right to sleep :)

I'm a pretty stress free, drama free person. The only thing that keeps me up at night is arthritis pain, especially when I overdue during the day.

The main thing that keeps me awake is insomnia.

But seriously, some of the things that have sometimes kept me up are...
  • Heat (I can't sleep if it's too hot)
  • A state of shock after I ran into a pedestrian with my car (She only broke her leg, and it only gave me trouble sleeping for a few weeks, but I haven't driven since).
  • Excruciating pain from my gout. Thankfully, I'm drugged now... I mean... I medicated... I mean... you know what I mean, so it's not that bad any more.
The TOG

The main thing that keeps me awake is insomnia.

But seriously, some of the things that have sometimes kept me up are...
  • Heat (I can't sleep if it's too hot)
  • A state of shock after I ran into a pedestrian with my car (She only broke her leg, and it only gave me trouble sleeping for a few weeks, but I haven't driven since).
  • Excruciating pain from my gout. Thankfully, I'm drugged now... I mean... I medicated... I mean... you know what I mean, so it's not that bad any more.
The TOG

Yeah the heat disturbs my sleep too. Sorry to hear about the pedestrian and gout.

The only thing keeping me awake atm is the World Cup which is kinda selfish. (un)Fortunately I have a day off work today after watching a game at 2 am. :/

Yeah the heat disturbs my sleep too. Sorry to hear about the pedestrian and gout.

The only thing keeping me awake atm is the World Cup which is kinda selfish. (un)Fortunately I have a day off work today after watching a game at 2 am. :/

The incident with the pedestrian happened in 1997, so it doesn't bother me any more. The gout hasn't kept me awake since some time last summer. I finally got some medications that work last fall, so it's much better now.

The TOG​

The incident with the pedestrian happened in 1997, so it doesn't bother me any more. The gout hasn't kept me awake since some time last summer. I finally got some medications that work last fall, so it's much better now.

The TOG​

Allopurinol?

Back