Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What kind of pet person are you

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i do want to see about finding a place someday to just stay on a houseboat for a weekend on a lake or something just to have the experience.
Depending on where you live, they are real popular in places like Lake Mead and other places in the southwest U.S. But they're not really like the one from Sleepless in Seattle. That's more of a Northwest thing. I do still see them right across the border in Vancouver, Canada in the city marinas. But a lot of them are tied to the shores in wilderness areas along the inside passage to Alaska.

This one's my home...
sulawhued0sgz9jfg.jpg
That is gorgeous.

Depending on where you live, they are real popular in places like Lake Mead and other places in the southwest U.S. But they're not really like the one from Sleepless in Seattle. That's more of a Northwest thing. I do still see them right across the border in Vancouver, Canada in the city marinas. But a lot of them are tied to the shores in wilderness areas along the inside passage to Alaska.
We had a small one once when I was married.It had a small living space inside with a slip for the boat in the back.

We had a small one once when I was married.It had a small living space inside with a slip for the boat in the back.
Quite a few of the people here have used them for fishing and hunting resorts. They have their own tugboats and tow them to a good spot and just tie them to the shore for free. There's a lot of them in really remote areas on the west side of Vancouver Island. Then they have people fly out in float planes and pay to stay there and they guide them on fishing or hunting expeditions. But I think you have to REALLY like the solitary life to live like that! I like the idea of the one in Seattle better. The wilderness is for vacationing, not for living full time! :)

Oh wow that is a beautiful boat .I do really like the solitary life but boy am I tired of living in the middle of the woods.I mean it definately has its enjoyable times I always find a silver lining,one of my favorite things is feeding the birds in the morning as I have coffee we have feeders and birdbaths everywhere so its really cool that we are surrounded by birds.

Oh wow that is a beautiful boat .I do really like the solitary life but boy am I tired of living in the middle of the woods.I mean it definately has its enjoyable times I always find a silver lining,one of my favorite things is feeding the birds in the morning as I have coffee we have feeders and birdbaths everywhere so its really cool that we are surrounded by birds.
Thanks.

What you are saying reminds me of being up on Washington Pass, one of the mountain passes close to me. There is a rest area off the highway where there are always a lot of birds. (Whiskey Jacks I'm told they're called.) They are so tame all you have to do is hold out one hand flat and hold a peanut (or other bird liking food) and within a few seconds one of them will actually land right on your hand to take the peanut! And they don't really just grab them and flee as fast as they can either. They'll sit there for a second or two, almost like they're saying "thank you"! It's a real attraction in the summer time.

I do like the remote and solitary life.With alot of privacy.Give me that anyday to living in a neighborhood.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back