Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

what Law did Jesus replace?

Yet they themselves would think of themselves as being born-again, wouldn't they?

The fact that they are identified as "workers of iniquity" means they have chosen to not Turn at His reproof so the miss out on "... behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you"

Grace can be accepted or rejected. Grace enables us to repent. Grace leads to repentance. Without repentance there is knocking on the door, but entrance is rejected. Grace then does not abound.

Geo said:
Yet they themselves would think of themselves as being born-again, wouldn't they?

The fact that they are identified as "workers of iniquity" means they have chosen to not Turn at His reproof so the miss out on "... behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you"

Grace can be accepted or rejected. Grace enables us to repent. Grace leads to repentance. Without repentance there is knocking on the door, but entrance is rejected. Grace then does not abound.

Some men think they're women, too. There is Truth, nonetheless.

Air abounds, but a man can put his head in a plastic bag and refuse to partake of it.

long after Jesus death and resurrection John wrote

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

how can the commandments be done away with sin is still among us?

as it was said earlier the wages of sin is death

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

sin is the breaking of the Law

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Paul said he would not have known the law except by sin

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

the Lord told us in Hebrews what Law he had no pleasure in.

Heb 10v 1: For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2: For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3: But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4: For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5: Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7: Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8: Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9: Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10: By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Jesus was a sacrifce.

what sacrifice did he replace?

Dan 9v 24: Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25: Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26: And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27: And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
:confused

what ceased when Jesus died on the cross and rose?

Mt 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mk 15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

Lk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

why?

may I suggest something ozell,

I know it's an irresistible reflex to think that every sacrifice in the Bible has to do with sin offering. When you spend time in the OT you can find many oblations that have absolutely nothing to do sin offerings.

Could it be one of those?

one would need first hand witness to hear what the use of the oblation altar is, that is supposed to go into operation soon.

I heard several opinions, one of them is: To testify that "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof". They say it is a testimony of ownership. Have to interview a few more Rabbis to confirm that.

this would make sense in one regard, and that is, if that oblation has the meaning that declares the ownership of the earth --> then it would be an irresistible "must do" for the antichrist to stop that. He would not be able to look at that and melt inside.

Isa 42
[19] Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant?
[20] Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

[21] The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

I fail to see how anyone can find it teaching or saying 'to do away with, or destroy the Eternal Heb. 13:20 Covenabnt law?? Or that, that meant to to full/fill.. as END it??? :crying

--Elijah

The Law cannot make you acceptable to God and was in fact a schoolmaster teaching man the truth of his inadequacies.
Even in the Old Testament the only place God and man could really meet is when one applied the blood of the Lamb to the Mercy Seat covering the Law.
Without the blood one was judged by the Law, found guilty and consumed by the Holiness of God Himself.

Jesus came as a practicing Jew to fulfill the Law that is true. If one is led of the Holy Spirit and abiding in the Vine then one does not need regulations. Instead the very life of the Vine flows in and through that one producing godly fruit.
There is not a man alive who can please God by obeying rules and regulations. The Law worked on the outer man- touch not, taste not, etc.
The Holy Spirit dwells in the heart and if one walks in faith (walking in the Spirit) in complete submission to and in the power of) then God will be glorified in all that one does. This occurs in the inner man as he has become the new Holy of Holies.

Boanerges said:
The Law cannot make you acceptable to God and was in fact a schoolmaster teaching man the truth of his inadequacies.
Even in the Old Testament the only place God and man could really meet is when one applied the blood of the Lamb to the Mercy Seat covering the Law.
Without the blood one was judged by the Law, found guilty and consumed by the Holiness of God Himself.

Jesus came as a practicing Jew to fulfill the Law that is true. If one is led of the Holy Spirit and abiding in the Vine then one does not need regulations. Instead the very life of the Vine flows in and through that one producing godly fruit.
There is not a man alive who can please God by obeying rules and regulations. The Law worked on the outer man- touch not, taste not, etc.
The Holy Spirit dwells in the heart and if one walks in faith (walking in the Spirit) in complete submission to and in the power of) then God will be glorified in all that one does. This occurs in the inner man as he has become the new Holy of Holies.

Isa 42
[19] Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant?
[20] Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

[21] The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

I fail to see how anyone can find it teaching or saying 'to do away with, or destroy the Eternal Heb. 13:20 Covenabnt law?? Or that, that meant to to full/fill.. as END it???

I don't see you disagreeing with Isa. 42? Unless you are saying that Christ did away with His 2 Cor. 3:3 'letter epistle' to us?? He stated that murder & adultery comes from inside ones heart as 'i' read it. And It is still adultery + murder. 1 John 3:4 (along with James 2:8-12 and any one of the ten Commandments)

--Elijah

Drew said:
ozell said:
An individual will find that they have erred if they accept the position that the Mosaic Law was done away with based on these verses.
Maybe those particular verses do not make the case, but I am quite convinced that the entire corpus of New Testament writings clearly show that it is the entirety of the Mosaic Law that has been done away with.

Mosaic Law revoked?! No ten Commandments?! Do you have a different Matthew Gospel?

'I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.'

Last time I checked, the earth has not yet disappeared.

It seem's very foolish asking the question about the 10 Commandments, 1 John 3:4 while Christ is still our Heavenly High Priest beside His Father and Their Ark which contain the Eternal Heb. 13:20 Covenant! Rev. 11:18-19

--Elijah

Godfrey said:
The Mosaic Law is still here. So is sin, for that matter. Christians have died to both.
Just give the answer to that remark then if you will?? ;) You must mean that you are [IN FAITH] forgiven, right?
But when you are forgiven (not only by faith) Christ said that you are made whole body/wise!
Luke 5:23-24

And NO. All sins are still recorded in the Eccl. 12:13-14 Accurate Record Books & await the End of ones life or the Second Coming of the Master to see if our FAITH WAS AND IS GENUINE FAITH or not, and is it safe to save for all of eternity or not!? Nah. 1:9 + Heb. 11:13

I suspect that most of the today 'professed' ones would trash that Truth for sure, huh? But, what Born Again ones are not concerned with their record books? And if they are not? I also suspect that they are careless of Matt. 4:4's requirement?

--Elijah

Geo said:
may I suggest something ozell,

I know it's an irresistible reflex to think that every sacrifice in the Bible has to do with sin offering. When you spend time in the OT you can find many oblations that have absolutely nothing to do sin offerings.

Could it be one of those?

one would need first hand witness to hear what the use of the oblation altar is, that is supposed to go into operation soon.

I heard several opinions, one of them is: To testify that "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof". They say it is a testimony of ownership. Have to interview a few more Rabbis to confirm that.

this would make sense in one regard, and that is, if that oblation has the meaning that declares the ownership of the earth --> then it would be an irresistible "must do" for the antichrist to stop that. He would not be able to look at that and melt inside.

Geo

its a joy to know tht you are aware that animal sacrifices will be started shortly and the world to see.
The rabbis and People who will enforce this obviously don't believe Jesus has come and died for our past sins.

why will they do this? the only answer I can give is it is written for them to do this.

Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Dan 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

we know better?

Elijah674 said:
Isa 42

I fail to see how anyone can find it teaching or saying 'to do away with, or destroy the Eternal Heb. 13:20 Covenabnt law?? Or that, that meant to to full/fill.. as END it??? :crying

--Elijah

yet my elder friend They do.

"Boanerges"]The Law cannot make you acceptable to God and was in fact a schoolmaster teaching man the truth of his inadequacies.

wrong :confused go back and read Galatians 3 again. the school master was animal sacrifce.

so Jesus blood replaced animal blood? :yes

if this be the case why do we need to read the bible in our day.
read this from Paul, long after Jesus death and resurrection, 2Tm 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

is it not written
1Thes 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.2: For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3: For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

is it not written

Ezek 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

now what?

Physicist said:
Drew said:
ozell said:
An individual will find that they have erred if they accept the position that the Mosaic Law was done away with based on these verses.
Maybe those particular verses do not make the case, but I am quite convinced that the entire corpus of New Testament writings clearly show that it is the entirety of the Mosaic Law that has been done away with.

Mosaic Law revoked?! No ten Commandments?! Do you have a different Matthew Gospel?

'I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.'

Last time I checked, the earth has not yet disappeared.
:amen

and long after Jesus died and rose why would Paul teach the gentiles Moses and the Prophets

lets read

Acts 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Acts 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Godfrey said:
The Mosaic Law is still here. So is sin, for that matter. Christians have died to both.

of course :yes

Rv 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Jn 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Elijah674 said:
Isa 42

I fail to see how anyone can find it teaching or saying 'to do away with, or destroy the Eternal Heb. 13:20 Covenabnt law?? Or that, that meant to to full/fill.. as END it???

I don't see you disagreeing with Isa. 42? Unless you are saying that Christ did away with His 2 Cor. 3:3 'letter epistle' to us?? He stated that murder & adultery comes from inside ones heart as 'i' read it. And It is still adultery + murder. 1 John 3:4 (along with James 2:8-12 and any one of the ten Commandments)

--Elijah

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Hi Elijah! The Apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit told us we are no longer under the Law, that is called scripture and is contained in the Bible- LoL!
Wile I do believe those not under the New Covenant and God's grace are still judged by the Law a believer is judged in Christ.
I will not try to make a distinction between "types of Law" where the Holy Spirit made non.
If we walk in the Spirit God Himself will guide our steps and actions. While never trying to please Him by obeying rues we will quite naturally fulfill those Laws. Yet not even once can we succeed in pleasing Him by trying to get our flesh to live holy.
What is born of the flesh is flesh and no flesh will glory in His presence.

(bold emphasis mine)
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The Old Testament had rules we have the Holy Spirit.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Galatians 3:23-25 said:
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Acts 15:9-11 said:
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Heb. 7:17-22 said:
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Heb. 8:7-10 said:
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Gal. 4: 21-31 said:
Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Back