Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What makes America great?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I understand, and I think I made a bad analogy. I thought about it after I went to bed last night, because I too have seen those documentaries about NK, and it is shocking. I didn't intend to pick on the poor people of NK, rather I meant to make a jab at my fat nation. A better analogy would be that one American = 2 Europeans in kilos...that is what makes us so "Great"...

But really, I think that one thing that makes America great is the vast diversity in geology and climate. We have so many different regions here, so that one side of the country is completely different from any other side of the country. It is so beautiful here. But, I have traveled to other countries and they are equally as beautiful. I think it all depends on one's perspective as to what makes a nation or country great.

paisley said:
I think there is an appropriate time for people to say "my country is the best". If you are around people of another nationality and proclaim that, it`s rude and actually shows how little a person knows. People who have spent a significant amount of time living among the people in other countries (I`m not talking about living on a military base or inside an embassy overseas) realize some of how we as Americans perceive ourselves is inaccurate. However, there are appropriate times to have "pep rallies" for one`s nation and boost it up high. It helps lift the spirits of the people. But I think Americans always must remember why America is great and that is because of God, not the people, technology, innovations, "freedom", etc. Other countries have these things as well. It is God and God alone. Without God, America would not shine. In fact, before the Israelites entered the promised land, God reminded them that they were not getting this land because they were such superior people. They were getting this land because God made a covenant with their forefathers to make them His people. They were His people and He was caring for them and was giving them the land. On their own, they couldn`t take the land. If the Israelites had started bragging they were so great because of how smart, talented, innovative, & free they were, I think God would have had a little talk with them. Israel became a great nation because of God and God alone. We Americans must remember this and apply it. God gets ALL the credit for greatness.

I agree :thumb

I believe Australia has now ovetaken America as the fattest nation...which is surprsing becasue I don't see too many fat people here. :chin

paisley said:
I think there is an appropriate time for people to say "my country is the best". If you are around people of another nationality and proclaim that, it`s rude and actually shows how little a person knows. People who have spent a significant amount of time living among the people in other countries (I`m not talking about living on a military base or inside an embassy overseas) realize some of how we as Americans perceive ourselves is inaccurate. However, there are appropriate times to have "pep rallies" for one`s nation and boost it up high. It helps lift the spirits of the people. But I think Americans always must remember why America is great and that is because of God, not the people, technology, innovations, "freedom", etc. Other countries have these things as well. It is God and God alone. Without God, America would not shine. In fact, before the Israelites entered the promised land, God reminded them that they were not getting this land because they were such superior people. They were getting this land because God made a covenant with their forefathers to make them His people. They were His people and He was caring for them and was giving them the land. On their own, they couldn`t take the land. If the Israelites had started bragging they were so great because of how smart, talented, innovative, & free they were, I think God would have had a little talk with them. Israel became a great nation because of God and God alone. We Americans must remember this and apply it. God gets ALL the credit for greatness.
:thumb Well said.

lol, hard to believe that, nick. i saw an add for a type for womens shampoo called aussie, and it had the steroypyical kanagaroo in it. It made me think of you.

jasoncran said:
lol, hard to believe that, nick. i saw an add for a type for womens shampoo called aussie, and it had the steroypyical kanagaroo in it. It made me think of you.
:lol The kangaroo thing is a pretty big stereotype. People who think that about Australia really know nothing at all. :biggrin
We only really see kangaroos in the rural areas, and we're trying to cull them as there are too many. I think farming them would be a great way of controlling their numbers, and also the envrionment, as they are betterr and easier to keep them instead of cattle. Taste pretty good, too. I believe they're a lot healthier, as they have hardly any fat on them.

micaela said:
Poor kanga! I wish we had them over here :verysad

Me too! I bet they taste good! :)

Another thing that makes America great is the education you can receive! :thumb

Martial arts! There are so many different styles of martial arts availiable here now. Boxing, mma, bjj, judo, 1000 styles of karate,kung-fu, TKD, Capoeria, Tai-chi, etc........... :clap :thumb

:biggrin

[attachment=0:2n3idrjt]best-of-the-world-liberal-motivational-ronsart-military-guns-political-poster-1260042838.jpg[/attachment:2n3idrjt]

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back